PDA

View Full Version : Production Date

dabull
April 4th, 2003, 02:46
Salesman was nice enough to call to let me know that my car has a May 12 production date. I have the number one allocation spot at my dealership. I wonder how long from initial production date to delivery are we talking?

Benman
April 4th, 2003, 03:17
not sure, but i think you said your salesman quoted you a
late june/ early july delivery. if so, that sounds about right.
:cheers:

ben:addict:

p.s. you'll be getting your car way before me as i'm #3 at my
dealer and am being told late august/ early september:vsad2:

jconley
April 4th, 2003, 14:16
Figure a week for production and then 30 days to get to port in the US and another 10 to get to your dealer...Mid june- I am right there with you...

I hope I am back from Greece when it gets here! That would bug me knowing my car was waiting for me!

Dave
April 4th, 2003, 15:22
WOW... what a wait for you guys.. but it's well worth it...

It's such a great machine :incar:

Imagine burning up some of those big empty american roads... :addict: :bye:

Benman
April 4th, 2003, 16:15
Originally posted by Dave
WOW... what a wait for you guys.. but it's well worth it...

It's such a great machine :incar:

Imagine burning up some of those big empty american roads... :addict: :bye:

and i have quite a few "big empty american roads" already
mapped out:incar:
:cheers:

ben:addict:

peterb
April 4th, 2003, 17:09
Originally posted by jconley
Figure a week for production
I understood that RS6 production was longer than that - allowing for the car to be built to a point as a standard S6 on the main production line. It's then taken off the automated production and driven across to the Quattro gmbh facilities where the rest of the car is assembled and finished by hand.

Dave
April 4th, 2003, 17:13
True,

but I'm not sure when the production process starts... it could either be from the beginning at Audi or from when the car reaches quattro GmBH?

Dave

peterb
April 4th, 2003, 17:20
Dave, can you tell us how long it was from the quoted production date to delivery of your car?

Dave
April 4th, 2003, 18:03
Well, I'm a litle bit different from most people beacuse I had my car on order for almost two years....

I think that I was one of the first customers in the Uk to have one.. I ordered mine when I took delivery of my S6.. there were just rumours then of the Rs.. but eventually it became full on...

Thinking back I suppose that I had it about 3 weeks after the build date..

Dave

Finnus
April 11th, 2003, 00:19
dabull,

I have the same build date as you. My salesman told me it would be built May 12-18th and to allow 6 weeks for delivery. Taht puts it right at hte end of June.

Like Benman, Waiting Impatiently,

Finnus :addict:

jfrocke
April 11th, 2003, 01:12
I thought all the build dates moved up about six weeks? My dealer told me that the first US cars have already started production.

dabull
April 11th, 2003, 02:04
I am really hoping to take delivery prior to July 1. Here in Ohio our hypocrite of a governor (Taft ) has bribed the legislature into upping the State sales tax by 1%. That is an additional $800 to $900 dollars.

Benman
April 11th, 2003, 02:33
i'm hoping you guys DO get your cars soon as i'm still a little
ways off (august/september). that way i can enjoy YOUR stories
while i wait.:cheers:

ben:addict: getting DANG anxious

jimmy94507
April 11th, 2003, 04:56
My build week was 14 July. It has been moved up to 16 June. Delivery in CA about 7 weeks after build.