PDA

View Full Version : my rs6 did not die but I'm also baffled ...

gjg
August 22nd, 2006, 16:20
strange happening - with medium throttle applied the power output cuts back and comes up again (like a sinewave quickly. WHen I back of the throttle and apply again it smoots out. It would not do it with low throttle and not with pedal to the medal.

it happens more in auto mode but I had that experience in tip mode as well yesterday.

It does it at 4th gear, but can't repeated every time. If it is there in other gears it is not noticeable that much. I have MTM chip in it, before chip this was most prenounced in 2nd gear and little in 3rd with harder acceleration but not to the extend I see now - car just will not run. Before it would cut back and recover lot faster.

Any ideas?

:vhmmm:

Benman
August 22nd, 2006, 17:08
George,

Is this similar to the power loss that HyOctane was describing some time back? His turned out to heat temps (not always though...). You've been having a hot summer in Czech. Maybe send Paul a PM...

Ben:addict:

Hy Octane
August 22nd, 2006, 19:18
Not similar to my heat related power loss.. but it does sound like what mine was doing before they replaced the Mass Airflow Sensors..
Also, could be the actual gas pedal controller.. forget what its called but its fly by wire and could be faulty..

gjg
August 22nd, 2006, 20:00
fact is that it happens more often with warmer weather but last week we had 18 C and it did it on me .....

What puzles me little bit I had this happen most at 2nd and (less noticeable) in 3rd gear before chip. Now it does it in 4th gear and it is 10x "stronger" that before in 2nd. ... let of the gas, couple seconds later hit it and it is ok.

Tomorrow my vag-com cable will be back so I'll read the codes see if anything is there.
:idea:

Hy Octane
August 22nd, 2006, 20:12
Yep.. I'm gonna bet on the MAF's..
May not be any fault codes, but dont let that stop you from asking the repair tech to replace them.

gjg
August 22nd, 2006, 20:22
thanks for the info - I guess it is possible it just goes worse .... will let you guys know next week. I'm sure after debacle with 60k maintenance they would really love to see me once again ..... :D

gjg
August 24th, 2006, 08:19
no fault codes, MAF ordered so we shall see

gjg
August 24th, 2006, 14:14
I've forgot - when spoke with service manager yesterday and described the problem he said "this is MAF issue, I will call you for appointment" and just got call, they will fix it this Saturday .... so, he got additional small plus :thumb:

Hy Octane
August 24th, 2006, 16:47
Excellent.. Hope this fixes it for you.. remember, there are 2 mass airflow sensors on our cars..both must be replaced to be sure..

:)

gjg
August 24th, 2006, 21:55
I am sure they will have three on hand just to make sure I do not have to come back soon ..... :applause:

gjg
October 17th, 2006, 22:41
both MAF replaced (three days b4 warranty end ....), problem gone, thanks for the help, Hy Octane :cheers:

Aronis
October 17th, 2006, 22:53
Great timing on the warrantee....I just got two front rotors done...at 48,000 miles:

The Tech was doing a routine oil change and I asked them to check the rotors....less than 2 hours later.....'we're all done', what about the rotors.....did those...! That was FAST.

One is squeaking though....was quiet for first few weeks....but looks fine...

Mike

gjg
October 19th, 2006, 20:53
Mike, I have Movi't set in the garage patiently waiting for end of life on stock brakes or 75k maintenance whichever comes first, I'm at 72k km with + so in about 3 weeks .... going skiing Sunday so it may be little faster (autobahn would be major contributor).

The other Avant we have already got Movit's on couple weeks ago and - uh, how could we live without it for so loooong? :thumb:

Aronis
October 20th, 2006, 01:23
If I end up keeping the car at end of lease, I'll most likely just keep with the stock parts and when new rotors are needed again at 100,000 miles....I deal with it then!
I have the 75,000 mile extended warrantee (had to buy it since my warrantee is up and I have one more lease year). That covers the biggies..turbos, engine, etc etc, but not brakes...OR DRC LOLOLOL.

Mike