PDA

View Full Version : RS6 groaning noise at low speed?

Jim
August 21st, 2006, 14:12
Anyone have any experience or a solution to this symptom? My car has occassionally made this sound, seemingly from the driver front side; usually in higher temperatures; sometimes when turning, braking, or moving from a stop. The noise is a very distressed sound. I've read some previous posts regarding noises, and I'm not sure anyone has had a permanent solution, or has experienced the exact same symptoms.
I've had it in to the dealer(250 mile roundtrip), and they repositioned the left front wheel inner liner, citing it was out-of-position...but, the problem remains. They won't call Audi, to research the problem, they insist I bring it in for "testing"....and I don't have the confidence that I won't be wasting my time and gas, otherwise.
Any advice?
Thanks

jimmy94507
August 21st, 2006, 17:53
Hi Jim,
You ask for advise regarding your problem but you limit the abiltily of a broad audience to respond. You might get more people responding if you'd specifiy a genral location in your profile (state, city, or?). A dealer location might also entice someone to comment regarding their experience with that dealer or a particulary good techincian.
I havent' experienced such noise so can't offer a suggestion.

Regards, Jimmy

Jim
August 21st, 2006, 18:44
Dealer is International Auto outside Milwaukee, WI.

JAXRS6
August 26th, 2006, 05:17
Another owner (DaveyKid?) and I experienced a groan which turned out to be steering related. Others, too, but Davey's dealer did the first fix first: Not only check power steering fluid level, but also bleed the power steering fluid to remove bubbles that were created by heat (if I recall correctly). Unfortunately the fix was only temporary; it has returned, is sporadic, and I just live with it until my next dealer visit.

Not sure this is your car's problem, but my groan is most often heard when accelerating from a stop and turning at the same time, as when I leave home to enter a road with 45 mph speed limit.

DaveyKid, can you confirm?