PDA

View Full Version : Audi TTS 3.6 Quattro.

Iceman
August 21st, 2006, 12:21
Audi TTS 3.6 Quattro.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/921/audittsyu2.jpg

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 21st, 2006, 12:30
Originally posted by Iceman
Audi TTS 3.6 Quattro.

http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/audi_tts_695.jpg

Hans.

Hans,

Tell me this is the real thing and not a photoshop.:love:

Tell us more, where was the picture taken? How far on is it in testing? When can I get one? What's the colour? Are those alloys the same size as the ones on the S6? What the power output, the torque output, topspeed, acceleration? Does it have 6 gears or 7? Will it come with S-Tronic as standard? What the suspension?

You understand what letting us see a picture like this has done.

You have let the cat out of the bag and she isn't going back in without a fight.:hihi:

JavierNuvolari
August 21st, 2006, 14:01
That has to be the coolest TT I've ever seen...so...is that the real deal??

Cheers,

Javier

Leadfoot
August 21st, 2006, 21:19
Hans,

It's been almost seven hours since me post, where are you. We need to know more.:thumb:

Do you have any more photos.

AndyBG
August 21st, 2006, 23:41
Lookin GREAT...

Hope this is true...

Iceman
August 24th, 2006, 13:06
Sorry for the late response.
It's a photoshop i made.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 24th, 2006, 13:39
Originally posted by Iceman
Sorry for the late response.
It's a photoshop i made.

Hans.

It's a photoshop that you made, man you're good. If I got you a photo of the wife could you work on it.:hahahehe:

bubsman
August 24th, 2006, 16:06
3.6 Quattro, mmmm... that would be a nice motor for a RS3...302hp, 40hp more than the S3! And DSG could be available (unlike in the S3)...

Leadfoot
August 24th, 2006, 22:27
Hans,

How do you think they are going to stop the handling suffering due to the extra weight of the bigger engine, that is if the block is different from the 3.2L?

The reports so far have praised the car's handling up to a point, but have complained about it's steering feel and the fact is still is prone to under-steer, which they say can't be dialed out with any amount of throttle. All hope the RS and S models readdress this problems, but I can't see how.

Any ideas?

Iceman
August 24th, 2006, 22:39
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Hans,

How do you think they are going to stop the handling suffering due to the extra weight of the bigger engine, that is if the block is different from the 3.2L?

The reports so far have praised the car's handling up to a point, but have complained about it's steering feel and the fact is still is prone to under-steer, which they say can't be dialed out with any amount of throttle. All hope the RS and S models readdress this problems, but I can't see how.

Any ideas?
No, and it will stay a problem with Haldex.
Even Magnetic ride can eliminate the problem.
You need to change and adapt your driving style to the physical of the car.
btw, the new 3.6 FSI VR6 will not weigh more than the old 3.2.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 24th, 2006, 23:09
OK, so the handling won't improve, but what about the steering feel. This is something that can be addressed easily with a different steering rack and bushes.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Audi have done with the TT and am looking forward to getting mine. Understeer is the best safeguard against excessive cornering speeds and on the road safe is the most important thing of all. I believe it will produce a driving experience close to the RS4 but hopefully with a bit better directional change. There is few car that you can step into for the first time and drive as quickly and with confides like the RS4, if the TT has half this ability it will be great.

I was just hoping that it could do all of this and steering like a Cayman. Oh well, we can't have everything.

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2006, 17:52
The new TT 3.2 S-Tronic has been road tested by lots of magazine, but a yet none of them have released performance figures other than Audi's own figures. Is this, Audi controlling the press, only allowing what it wants released or are the magazines waiting until the car is officially on sale.

If the R32 which is the best part 150kgs heavier can get to 100mhp (160Km/h) in 15 seconds, what can be expected from the TT, is 14 seconds or less on the cards. And will the S3 match the times of the TT 3.2?

On any other point, I think everyone here would agree that the last S3 was a better handling car than the TT on which it was based. But will this be the case with the new one, especially when the new TT have been design as a seperate model right from the start.