PDA

View Full Version : Can your beast beat a juiced rice burner

gmbh6
August 18th, 2006, 21:08
Well mine did but I'm still not sure what the hell it was.

On my way to work.....I'm first at the light to make a left......the road was empty......light goes green so I take off.

All I know is that all of a sudden I hear that inmistakable sound of nitrous.......you know the one.......where it sound like an army of mosquitos on steroids....

Well I look in my side view mirror and the car that was behind me was some honda, mitsu, mazda...i don't know what it was.....it was dark and multicolored......and immediately it went into my blind spot.....

At which point I dug hard into the pedal......into that last little notch........after that it was just a horse race.....

He kept stressing out his block by emptying his nitrous......I kept working out my right calf muscle...........and the whole time he stayed in my blind spot......

So actually what started out as a little clearing of the carbon on my own account turned out into a nice little race.

chalk up another one...

:addict:

Aronis
August 23rd, 2006, 02:36
Um, try from 0 mph....might be more interesting.

Mike

gjg
August 23rd, 2006, 07:32
good one ... :thumb:

Klint
August 23rd, 2006, 20:19
Well done.

:D

s42ski
August 23rd, 2006, 23:59
Interesting - I get that type all the time, the problem is there are two varieties - most have large wings and air dams , large rims, VTEC badges ( with no VTEC engine :vhmmm: ) and a big exhaust and minimal engine modifications.

These are the funny ones - lots more noise with the big exhaust. Lots of extra mass with the large rims ( heavier) and the additional aerodynamic "aids". These are actually SLOWER than stock. Normal acceleration with the beast is more than enough

Sounds like you had a run in with the much rarer version, a modified engine that actually had some real go - I have raced some turbo Civics and you have to push it to win. One of my past cars was a highly modified 280Z with aftermarket turbo. It would pull 5 sec 0-60 and had about 300 HP at the wheels.

gmbh6
August 24th, 2006, 00:16
Originally posted by Aronis
Um, try from 0 mph....might be more interesting.

Mike

his car was so low I didn't see him until I had already turned. and at that point I was moving fast but I wasn't going all out.

gmbh6
August 24th, 2006, 00:17
Originally posted by s42ski
... I have raced some turbo Civics and you have to push it to win...

it may have been a civic but i'm just not sure.....lot of tuners in japanese car tuners in the south bay.

Aronis
August 24th, 2006, 14:14
Originally posted by gmbh6
his car was so low I didn't see him until I had already turned. and at that point I was moving fast but I wasn't going all out.

my point being "Don't Underestimate The Power of the Dark Side."

Some of those rice burners are GD FAST and QUICK....may spank the RS6 and leave plenty of pocket change for a two week vacation in Disney.

Mike

gmbh6
September 10th, 2006, 04:10
...Some of those rice burners are GD FAST and QUICK....may spank the RS6 and leave plenty of pocket change for a two week vacation in Disney...

Mike

with all due respect.....i don't care if i have enough left over for a two-month vacation in disney. at the end of the day you're either a "player" or not.

and in the civic.....you're not. :addict:

Aronis
September 10th, 2006, 14:15
You know I am not sure what that term "Player" really means.

If there is some higher standard of "existance" for those who can afford an $85,000 car ( or a couple of them as many members here have) than those who are 'starting out' in life who can just affod a $30,000 car, then I fail to see it.

If a 'rice burner' burns you, BIG DEAL...don't let it get you down!

Mike:trash: :dance: :hahahehe: :MTM:

ott
September 10th, 2006, 19:17
Actually use of nitrous does not create any particular type of sound, you cannot "hear" it. But sure, japanese engines like to rev and produce specific soundtrack. May-be it was tuned S2000 ?

SoCal
September 13th, 2006, 07:19
You know I am not sure what that term "Player" really means.

If there is some higher standard of "existance" for those who can afford an $85,000 car ( or a couple of them as many members here have) than those who are 'starting out' in life who can just affod a $30,000 car, then I fail to see it.

If a 'rice burner' burns you, BIG DEAL...don't let it get you down!

Mike:trash: :dance: :hahahehe: :MTM:

Amen, Mike.

And as the proud owner of both a German sport sedan and a modded rice burner, I'd have to say that each has their unique charms.

In my book, anyone who has a passion for cars and driving and drives with skill, awareness and courtesy is a "player".:incar: :race:

Aronis
September 13th, 2006, 15:29
Originally posted by SoCal

In my book, anyone who has a passion for cars and driving and drives with skill, awareness and courtesy is a "player".:incar: :race:

Most Excellent!

I drove a Honda CRX for several years in residency (no Air conditioning...biggest issue). I had replaced the headers which were making that classic honda noise with Jackson Racing Tuned Headers and twin exhaust because it was 1/2 the price of the Honda EOM parts! That was where I started with any type of signicant MODS to a car. That followed racing CAM and repro ECU....95 hp stock to somewhere north of 125 hp in that little car...fun fun fun....

After the RS6 I am getting a civic! and I'll put in the Jackson Racing Supercharger kit and JOIN the supposed Posers non-players....

Mike.:360:

Benman
September 13th, 2006, 16:10

Amen.

So really, your next ride will be the SI Civic? 4 door or 2 door?

Ben:addict:

Aronis
September 14th, 2006, 02:59
It's interesting, as the CIVICS are selling like hotcakes, you can actually get a loaded Accord for a smaller leasepayment!

I think I am going t buy the next car instead of leasing, and a HONDA can go for 5 to 7 years without a major issue....

So we will see which is easier to get, civic or accord.

Mike

OfftheHeZie
September 14th, 2006, 04:26
The fact remains, it needs "mods", aside from looking like garbage. That doesn't make my johnson feel better.

Benman
September 14th, 2006, 19:59
It's interesting, as the CIVICS are selling like hotcakes...

You still skated my question. 4 door or 2 door? SI or non?

And yes, 5-7 years no major issues is a given. Although @ 160K miles (and 6 years), my tranny took a dump and had to put a reconditioned one in it. That was @$2100.00 vs @ $10K for a RS 6 tranny job!:applause:

Aronis
September 15th, 2006, 00:23
Originally posted by Benman
You still skated my question. 4 door or 2 door? SI or non?

And yes, 5-7 years no major issues is a given. Although @ 160K miles (and 6 years), my tranny took a dump and had to put a reconditioned one in it. That was @$2100.00 vs @ $10K for a RS 6 tranny job!:applause:

only 2100 for a transmission! That's not bad!

I was looking at a 4 door (more practical with kids). Si if avail just for extra hP

Mike

Benman
September 15th, 2006, 01:21
only 2100 for a transmission! That's not bad!

I was looking at a 4 door (more practical with kids). Si if avail just for extra hP

Mike

Dealer wanted closer to $2800.00 (but we're tight with a local tranny shop), still a far cry from German cars...

4 door SI, that's the way to go.

bbigman2000
September 24th, 2006, 23:23
Ive owned 5 wrx's and evo, 2 gto;s and a twin turbo supra before growing up and moving on !! Great fun though at the time !

I love getting those chance encounters with other drivers, all in good fun though and always a smile and a wave.

Aronis
September 25th, 2006, 20:19
Ive owned 5 wrx's and evo, 2 gto;s and a twin turbo supra before growing up and moving on !! Great fun though at the time !

I love getting those chance encounters with other drivers, all in good fun though and always a smile and a wave.

You have owned 5......did you crash them all? How did you go thorugh so many in such a short time? WRX around for what 3 years? 2002 model?

LOL.

Mike

bbigman2000
September 25th, 2006, 20:29
heh yeh Ive owned a P1 2001, wrx 95,97,98, 2002 the P1 is a limited edition here in the uk, a couple of them have been my wifes cars for running about in.,

Good motors, I have to say.:D

Rad-RS6
September 30th, 2006, 01:58
My other car (twin-screw supercharged E36 M3) is faster than my beast. s has been pointed out again ad again, its not ALL about pur acceleration, though is it....

I LOVE both equally, and the fact that this 4200+ lb luxury saloon can nearly keep up with the 3300 lb, 435 crank HP rwd hotrod is a tribute to the RS6!