PDA

View Full Version : RS6 & RS4 Times?

athlon
April 3rd, 2003, 14:21
Anyone have any concrete ie: drag strip 1/4 mile times for the RS6 & RS4.

Erik
April 3rd, 2003, 14:57
For the RS6 you can expect around 13.2 secs.

athlon
April 3rd, 2003, 15:01
I am dissapointed with those times. They wait 5 years to bring out the top model yet nearly every Mercedes Benz can blow it's doors off. Even BMW will have a M version of the new 5 at the same time the regular version is released.

Audi have to smarten up, they had the opportunity to take full advantage of the midsize market yet have stumbled.

Erik
April 3rd, 2003, 15:25
Originally posted by athlon
Even BMW will have a M version of the new 5 at the same time the regular version is released.

Who told you the M5 will be released at the same time as the 5-series?

Also looking at your posts ( http://www.rs6.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=10329 ) it seems you're disappointed with everything Audi does so I'm not surprised that's your opinion.

But we live in a free world so go ahead and buy your E55 AMG, it's not a bad car either.

Dave
April 3rd, 2003, 15:46
I'm sorry but 500bhp through the rear tyres doesn't go...

Traction in the E55 Amg is dreadful in anything but the bone dry and, yes, I would go as far to say that it is verging on dangerous.

An Abt RS6 is 4.1 secs to 60 and it will do this time and time again, wet or dry.

I have complete faith in my quattro set up and I am learning the limits of the car.. I would go head to head with an E55 AMG anyday.. I'm not saying I would thrash it.. but I would give them a run for their money.

Dave

steve
April 3rd, 2003, 17:07
For its very easy... an E55 can be as fast or a very very little bit faster .... BUT ONLY ON PERFECT DRY TARMAC....
With an RS6 you don't have all those traction problems and you can accelerate fast whenever you want without a stupid tcs light flickering all the time

Erik
April 4th, 2003, 08:29
RS4 would be around 13 secs, but not sure how reliable that figure is.

Dave
April 7th, 2003, 15:44
EVO mag put their RS6 at 12.1 or around there.. will look tonight for actual figure..

They put the RS4 at 13 secs odd

quattro
April 11th, 2003, 12:21
Car & Driver quotes 12.8 for the Rs 6 and 12.5 for the E55 AMG.
That's not that big difference.
Skidpad...Rs 6 is has the best grip and ends up winning! :addict:

http://camo.flage.net/albums/albuo36/RS6_stats.jpg