PDA

View Full Version : S8 question

BBGT2
April 3rd, 2003, 02:59
Dont hate me this is not a RS6 question.
I have a 01 S8 and am looking to upgrade the wheels and tires,
short of Tire Rack here in the states, can someone help with a way of getting some really good meaty sized tires and wheels that will fit the wheel wells, spacer 18x9.0 wheels 255 or greater tires. All help is appreciated
Bajo :addict:

JP4
April 3rd, 2003, 06:52
I have a set of tires that would be great but they're 17's and no wheels. Bridgestone Potenza SO3 PP 265/40/17's with at least 70% tread left, even ware and no damage/patches. They are fantastic high performance summer/rain tires. They will need a 8.5 to 9 inch rim for best results.

BBGT2
April 3rd, 2003, 14:28
JP4, Thabx for the reply, I agree Potenza SO3 are very good tires, but the S8 has the big Brembo brakes and has to have 18 inch wheels or better. It seems I have hot a wall when attempting to get aftermarket goodies for the S8 I just havent been able to find anything good, NO performance upgrades etc ( I know I know naturally aspirated means no add on goodies, LOL).

Thank You,

Bajo :addict:

Erik
April 3rd, 2003, 14:56
I've seen S8:s with 20" so I'd be dissappointed if you went smaller :hihi:

s6plus
April 3rd, 2003, 16:40
mtm offers some tuning options for a S8...

what about a double turbo???
check their site??

BBGT2
April 4th, 2003, 18:16
I checked with MTM germany right after I got my S8, and they told me they have built a prototype biturbo for the older version of the S8 motor but nothing yet was available for the 5 valve design.
So I have chosen not to look anymore "perf. upgrades" and settled on getting that nice fat tire look, MTM had 1 set of wheels which I didnt like, MTM has the best tuner parts all my "stuff" i installed on my UrS4 and UrS6 came from them here in the states (Hoppen Motorsports).
I was just throwing a question into the air of RS6 to see if anyone had any ideas re: S8 stuff.
I do appreciate all you replies.

Bajo:addict: