PDA

View Full Version : RS4 or E55?

kozmo
August 17th, 2006, 05:58
A brand new E55 (last unit at dealer) is up for sale and they will sell it for a price that's hard to refuse (10% more than brand new RS4 avant) since it's an outgoing model.

I love the RS4 avant, but the idea of having 700nm torque on tap is very tempting. I also have young infants and the larger space in the E55 is ideal. I've driven both cars, and love them both, but can't decide.

Between these 2 cars (pls don't introduce other cars here because it will only make my decision making worse), and only these 2 cars, which would YOU buy given the price considerations?

Erik
August 17th, 2006, 07:43
With only 10% difference I'd go for the E55, considering your situation.

Sunny
August 17th, 2006, 07:52
If you enjoy driving, get the RS.

Fab
August 17th, 2006, 10:56
if you want a more sporty car to drive hard because you like that go for the RS4.

if you want big power potential and sport/luxury car go for the E55. Of course the 10% plays in favor of the E55.

by the way is the E55 a station wagon or limousine ?

tazsura
August 17th, 2006, 11:56
if you want a more sporty car to drive hard because you like that go for the RS4.

My thoughts exactly. The RS is one to grab by the scruff of the neck and enjoy whereas the E55 will be much more relaxing (being an Auto) to drive and more laid back when travelling at speed.

Funnily, we were in a similar position last week where we were offered a year old C55 with 15k on the clock. It had already taken about a 20K hit on its lists price. But, being Audi buffs, we said a kind, but firm, NO THANK YOU!:rs4addict

What car are you currently driving?

AndyBG
August 17th, 2006, 15:41
I now that i am maybe going to flamed, but if driving pleasure isn't the reason of your purchase, go for E 55 AMG, that kompresor V8 is something very special, realy...

SteveLRS4
August 18th, 2006, 03:04
The E55 is a serious monster and relatively easily to modify to > 550 hp. However, acceleration is not linear like in the RS4, either the car makes tremondous power or not, like a switch unless you use manual mode with the transmission all of the time. You should definitely drive them both on a mix of roads and then go with the one that makes you happier.

Another thing to consider is because E55 is older and you are getting a good price, you should experience less deprecition wit it vs the RS4.

I think the RS4 might have a few more toys like bluetooth and the SD slots that the E55 does not have.

Benman
August 18th, 2006, 15:54
Originally posted by AndyBG
I now that i am maybe going to flamed, but if driving pleasure isn't the reason of your purchase, go for E 55 AMG, that kompresor V8 is something very special, realy...

Ditto... Bilbozilla recently got an E55 Wagon for his wife. She loves it. My wife got to ask her about it over dinner...

If you want the extra room... get the E55.

If driving pleasure is what you really want, get the RS 4.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

kozmo
August 19th, 2006, 04:58
Thanks for all your responses. I think I know what I want, and I hope to post some pictures here soon..... stay tuned......

I forgot to mention, I have a 997C2S 6speed, so it should give u some hint which one I'll go for.

AndyBG
August 19th, 2006, 16:46
Originally posted by kozmo
...I have a 997C2S 6speed, so ...

:applause:

Why you even started this thread, it's all cristal clear, go for E 55 AMG.... :0:

kozmo
August 21st, 2006, 03:56
Why you even started this thread, it's all cristal clear, go for E 55 AMG....

Why........? Because I am a big AUDI fan and the RS4 is a damn nice replacment for my B5 S4.

AndyBG
August 21st, 2006, 23:22
Originally posted by kozmo
Why........? Because I am a big AUDI fan and the RS4 is a damn nice replacment for my B5 S4.

I'm too, but compered cars are two totally diferent animals, that is the reason of my comment, if you want AUDI, go for it.

All best,

ANDY :bye:

Bingocaller
August 21st, 2006, 23:37
Sad to say but I would go for the E55 :0:

jasaretta
August 22nd, 2006, 00:43
get them both :D

Leadfoot
August 22nd, 2006, 08:04
If you have a Porsche then buy the E55. You already have the sportscar, go for the thing with the most comfort. That is unless you like to race about with 4 people in the car.

nene
August 22nd, 2006, 18:40
Chalk up another vote for the E55...and that was my choice even before you showed your cards (Porsche Ace in hand)!