PDA

View Full Version : I now know 4 people who traded thier BMW M5 for an RS4

Erik
August 15th, 2006, 20:34
Yup, out of 5 possible 4 have now traded their BMW M5 for an RS4. Well, actually one will keep his M5 and drive the RS4 over the winter. On the other hand, another friend never bought the M5, but went straight for the RS4.

Interestingly, eventhough this is peple who can afford the petrol they complain about the consumption. Because they have to stop and visit the petrol station too often I guess.

:rs4addict

QuattroFun
August 15th, 2006, 21:06
Hmm, the M5 still sells very well worldwide but competitive pressure is surely there to roll out the sportier (and no doubt brilliant) M3 soon...:D

Benman
August 15th, 2006, 21:39
Originally posted by Erik
Yup, out of 5 possible 4 have now traded their BMW M5 for an RS4.
:hihi: Awesome... :thumb:

BTW, have any complained about power deficiencies?

Ben:addict:

Ruergard
August 15th, 2006, 21:52
Well... RS4 is the shizzzle! :D :rs4addict

AndyBG
August 16th, 2006, 00:08
AUDI ''hit the spot'' with B7 RS 4, defenitly...

Speedou
August 16th, 2006, 00:17
I think one reason is a SMG. I really do understand people who doesn't like it. And yes, the fuel tank could have been bigger. RS4 is if of course slower (well, here we have also winters...), but how many really drive these car?

S4Aero
August 16th, 2006, 04:18
but how many really drive these car?

I drive mine everyday. I still have a B5 S4 that will see the majority of my winter driving, but I do intend to drive the RS this winter as well.

Kleiv
August 16th, 2006, 07:26
My first post on this board :asian:

Do you count me as a friend? beacuse in a couple of hours I also trade my M5 for a RS4.

Regards, Kleiv.

tazsura
August 16th, 2006, 09:32
Welcome Keiv! A definate Friend.

Well done! Good decision.

I think that the RS4 just feels more special..more of the time too. The M5 sounds pretty terrible at idle and only really sounds like a proper BM when it is being caned. Contrast this to the gorgeous symphony of the V8 in the RS...No contest!

:rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict

ct940pp
August 16th, 2006, 10:38
my m5 was stolen with 2 months of ownership- i do however not regret moving to the rs4. slightly smaller and more fun to drive. also better gas comsumption is definetly a plus!

Speedou
August 16th, 2006, 15:21
Originally posted by S4Aero
I drive mine everyday. I still have a B5 S4 that will see the majority of my winter driving, but I do intend to drive the RS this winter as well.

I meant that how many really needs that ~100hp which M5 gives more.

Ruergard
August 16th, 2006, 15:56
Originally posted by Kleiv

Do you count me as a friend? beacuse in a couple of hours I also trade my M5 for a RS4.

Regards, Kleiv.

Welcome to the board! :)

So.. a RS4 it is, great! :rs4addict

A nice choice, specially when winter hits Sweden! :hahahehe:

Leadfoot
August 16th, 2006, 16:39
Well done, to all who have changed their M5 for a RS4.

It takes Real Men to admit they were wrong.:bow:

The dam that BMW put up against the Great River called AUDI is starting to crack.:bye2:

Benman
August 16th, 2006, 17:17
Originally posted by Kleiv

in a couple of hours I also trade my M5 for a RS4.

Regards, Kleiv.

Welcome to the boards and congrats on the "upgrade".;) :thumb:

Ben:addict:

Audihead
August 16th, 2006, 19:09
Originally posted by mayheN
Well... RS4 is the shizzzle! :D :rs4addict

For shizzzle my nizzzle!:rs4addict Rocks!

mgmbh1
August 20th, 2006, 17:51
Yup, out of 5 possible 4 have now traded their BMW M5 for an RS4. Well, actually one will keep his M5 and drive the RS4 over the winter. On the other hand, another friend never bought the M5, but went straight for the RS4.

Interestingly, eventhough this is peple who can afford the petrol they complain about the consumption. Because they have to stop and visit the petrol station too often I guess.

That is interesting to know as I am a E60 M5 owner and find myself looking at RS4 pics too often! I am thinking about going for the Avant. Any feedback on the ones who actually took the action to switch?

mgmbh1
August 20th, 2006, 17:51

That is interesting to know as I am a E60 M5 owner and find myself looking at RS4 pics too often! I am thinking about going for the Avant. Any feedback on the ones who actually took the action to switch?