PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 owner here (B6 S4 graduate)

Rad-RS6
August 11th, 2006, 06:02
Just purchased a Silver/Ebony RS6 after two years with a 6MT B6 S4.

Liked the S4, modded it quite a bit (PSS9's, BBK, GIAC, intake, SSK, full Milltek, etc), but somehow never bonded with it and grew bored, and ultimately found it expendible when I picked up a very clean E36 M3 convertible (which is about to get a Eurosport twin-screw supercharger good for for ~420hp at the crank, in ultralinear fashion, with gobs of immediate low-end torque - but that's a totally different story).

BUT, since I live in Minneapolis, there's no way I could get by with a soft-top RWD M3 in the winter, so....I did the obvious, and moved up to the RS6. A better stable mate for the M3, IMHO, more different in size, luxury, but certainly no slouch in power and handling, whereas I was finding the S4 a numbing driving experience, despite the fact it was plenty fast.

I feel slightly impulsive/(careless?) having bought it *sight unseen* from a dealer in Salt Lake City, who sold the car to its original owner (who apparently drove like my grandmama in it), and just took it back on trade. BUT, it only has 9K miles on it, is in immaculate physical condition, and has only ever had routing svc done on it (I had svc log pulledfor me). Never tracked, clean carfax, and the car comes with 1 1/2 yr orig warrantee, plus a CPO from the dealer.

Unfortunately, it does not come with the sound enhancing exhaust, but i am told it will still sound ok, to wait and see before plunking all that $$ on a MTM or Milltek system.

After doing some more reading here, I worry about DRC, but have faith in the local Audi svc dept; they have sold and worked on MANY RS6's, so if something comes up- I'll deal with it, on Audi's dime. Fingers crossed....

Anyway, I wont even pick her up until Labor day weekend, and the wait is KILLING me! Flying to SLC for a 900 mi drive home over 75-80 mph posted open highway through Montana and the Dakotas.

Looking forward to learning all about this beast here, and apologize for the repost for those who frequent the AW group.

nene
August 11th, 2006, 14:40
Congrats and Welcome! We look forward to your continued enjoyment of the beast as well, once you have it!

Benman
August 11th, 2006, 17:47
Originally posted by nene
Congrats and Welcome! We look forward to your continued enjoyment of the beast as well, once you have it!

Ditto.

Enjoy the road trip home with your new toy. You'll love the car!:0:

Right now, I sit at 38,800 miles... with several other owners at even higher mileage.

Yes, some have had serious issues with the DRC, while others (Nene, Iconcls, Jimmy, etc...) have not. In the end, it's like any other car, luck of the draw...

Let us know how the road trip goes and feel free to post some pics!:thumb:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

Rad-RS6
August 11th, 2006, 20:48
Thanks! I'll post a pic or two and add myself to the registry once I get her.

SoCal
August 14th, 2006, 07:50
Congrats on your new purchase. I'm sure you'll enjoy it...:addict: