PDA

View Full Version : New X5 reveiled in detail

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2006, 22:46
First pics of the new BMW X5 and I'm sorry to say it, but I think it's the best looking SUV to date. It's to be expected as it has none of Bangle's design in the bodywork.:D

Check it out for yourselves.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/photos.cfm/photoid/3060808.001/pageview/photo/photo/1011/size/large/country/gcf/bmw/new-bmw-x5

steffenr
August 9th, 2006, 08:23
I don't like, it looks like some have cloned the 5 series with the x3

JavierNuvolari
August 9th, 2006, 14:20
I don't like it either...It looks like a jumped up X3...:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Javier

jonas_dg
August 9th, 2006, 15:19
they got the back right this time, but now they screwed up the front imho, I just can't get used to that Banglish look (thank god they didn't do that beer belly line the 1-series has)

Benman
August 9th, 2006, 15:50
Not near as bad as I thought it would be but not near nice enough to make the wife want that instead of the Q7. Afterall... this:

Benman
August 9th, 2006, 15:50
...is not as nice as this: :hahahehe:

JavierNuvolari
August 9th, 2006, 15:54
Now that I look at Ben's pic, that X5 is not even close to the Q7 in looks. :bow: -> Q7. Ben is that the Q7 you're getting??.

Cheers,

Javier

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2006, 16:16
Originally posted by jonas_dg
they got the back right this time, but now they screwed up the front imho, I just can't get used to that Banglish look (thank god they didn't do that beer belly line the 1-series has)

You are the first that's thinking is the same as my own. The back in the last one was like a 5 estate with a 12" section added in, but now it looks more like how the new X3. As for the front, I reckon it more looks more sporty and the new alloys are their best yet. I Like the inside but still think the Q7 is better, but just.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the Bangle design in any of it. And I believe that is why I like it.

gjg
August 9th, 2006, 16:39
5 or 7 seats?

Ruergard
August 9th, 2006, 17:44
Originally posted by Benman
...is not as nice as this: :hahahehe:

Amen to that! :dance:

Benman
August 9th, 2006, 21:11
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
Ben is that the Q7 you're getting??.

Cheers,

Javier

Javier,

Yes, that is the way the wife's Q7 will looks only in Daytona Grey to match the :rs6kiss: . She wanted Lava Grey, but after a long knock down, drag out fight, I prevailed... she is only 90lbs afterall.:D

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2006, 21:59
Javier,

Yes, that is the way the wife's Q7 will looks only in Daytona Grey to match the :rs6kiss: . She wanted Lava Grey, but after a long knock down, drag out fight, I prevailed... she is only 90lbs afterall.:D

Yeah Ben, she might only be 90lbs but one knee in the right direction and :cry:, she could have had her Lava Grey.

By the way, saw a Lava Grey Q7 S-Line in the dealer's the other day, looked amazing. Daytona Grey isn't offered in the U.K. so it would be a £1600 optional extra to have it, :bigeyes: money you would be kissing bye bye to, because it won't be worth any extra over standard metallic when it came to selling later.

tazsura
August 10th, 2006, 09:38
The back of the new X5 is defo the best view. Interior does not look too bad either. No way a much for the Q7's interior though!

However, out of all the SUV's I have to say that i'm more of a fan of the M-Class....(please don't hurt me..lol!)

Benman
August 10th, 2006, 19:57
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Yeah Ben, she might only be 90lbs but one knee in the right direction and :cry:, she could have had her Lava Grey.

Ah... but I'm much smarter than that! Always go into battle wearing a cup. :hahahehe: :D

Leadfoot
August 10th, 2006, 20:47
Ah... but I'm much smarter than that! Always go into battle wearing a cup. :hahahehe: :D

Alas, there is where you and I defer, I would need a bowl.:hahahehe: :wo:

Benman
August 11th, 2006, 17:34
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Alas, there is where you and I defer, I would need a bowl.:hahahehe: :wo: :applause:

Duma
August 12th, 2006, 13:45
Does not look bad

AndyBG
August 15th, 2006, 15:44
X5, hmm, looking nice...

AndyBG
August 16th, 2006, 01:28
Friends, explain me this...

...SMG ? or just new look for Steptronic gear leaver?