PDA

View Full Version : Can you Drive the RS4 in the Winter?

ghostsnake
August 5th, 2006, 23:08
Is this car a possible car to drive in the winter? If you replaced the rims with 17'inch rims would you be able to take it in the snow withought any problems? Can anyone answer this question cause my dad's so close to ordering an RS4 but my brother told him that an S4 might be better just because its a car you can drive in the winter? Can anyone tell me the split between rear and front power for both of the models and the major diffrences. Also can I get the answer from someone that the RS4 and S4 are simular in the ways of driving in the winter besides the rims?
Thanks.

Goldorak
August 6th, 2006, 03:16
17s won't clear the brakes, he needs to get 18s for Winter.

Both are 60/40 since the 2005.5 S4 and yes of course you can drive an RS4 in the Winter, that's the whole point of buying a Quattro car in our climate.

firewired
August 6th, 2006, 05:42
Just check out:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5627906934824300077&q=mtm+rs4

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2006, 14:54
Can you Drive the RS4 in the Winter?

No way,:w: you will get it dirty.:hihi:

Plus, it's a bitch washing the car in zero conditions.

But if you're into S&M, try washing the car naked, not only your finger tips will get frostbite.....lovely.:hahahehe:

BigRick
August 6th, 2006, 19:41
Hi Ghostsnake,

You surely can drive an RS4 all year round. I won't but it's not because I can't it's simply because I can't resign to do so.

You know a car of that price tag in salt and calcium = puke: (at least in my mind)

But you can safely say to your father (and brother) that and RS4 with 18 inches wheel is suitable for winter no worries.

Cheers,

tailpipe
August 6th, 2006, 21:38
My first taste of an RS4 was in the thick of winter (February) in Switzerland. There was about 2 feet of snow everywhere and the a layer of ice covered the road. it didn't put a foot wrong and quite simply was the fastest car in those conditions. This was on 19 inch standard tyres!!!!!!!!!!

Julz RS4
August 8th, 2006, 20:27
For sure you can drive it. :dance:

The RS4 is the Über sport saloon for all-weather and especially for bad Quebec winters. :rs4addict

But, like many people here I recommend these 8.5 x 18'' RS4 wheels for winter.

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/5390/rs418poucesma1.jpg