PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT 3.6 Quattro on LA Motorshow. ?

Iceman
August 5th, 2006, 17:24
Audi have announce a world primière on the LA motorshow 1-10 December 2006.
Is it thinkeble that it will be the TT 3.6 Quattro with 302 hp. ?

Hans.

markwm
August 5th, 2006, 18:39
Isn't it more likely to be the R8? and where did you hear this news?

Iceman
August 5th, 2006, 19:15
Originally posted by markwm
Isn't it more likely to be the R8? and where did you hear this news?
Audi is testing a 302 hp VR6 TT.
It is not clear wat engine is in it, 3.2 FSI VR6 or 3.6 FSI VR6.
if Audi raise the rpm of the 280 hp 3.6 FSI VR6 engine with 500 rpm 302 hp is possible.
With a 3.2 FSI VR6 it will be more difficult to get 300+ hp without the use of a turbo.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 5th, 2006, 19:29
Originally posted by Iceman
Audi have announce a world primière on the LA motorshow 1-10 December 2006.
Is it thinkeble that it will be the TT 3.6 Quattro with 302 hp. ?

Hans.

Hans,

I have learned not to doubt your info, where ever you get it. But like markwm says, would to not be more likely that the R8 will get it's premier there.

The only doubt in my mind that you are right is that the LA motorshow would not be the most likely place to premier such a car like the R8, surely the Detroit motorshow would be the place to premier it and am I not correct in thinking, it's in January.

What other cars are Audi being out so close to the start of next year, maybe the A5 or possibly the first showing of the TT Convertible or as you think, the TT 3.6v6. I hope your right because this would mean production will only be a few months away. Right about the time I'm due to change.:applause:

markwm
August 5th, 2006, 19:40
Isn't it too soon to bring out a 3.6TT?

The 3.2 isn't even in dealers yet, let alone customers hands so it doesn't make sense to me to release a 3.6TT literrally a few weeks after 3.2 TT orders start comming out of the factory.

Iceman
August 5th, 2006, 20:09
Originally posted by markwm
Isn't it too soon to bring out a 3.6TT?

The 3.2 isn't even in dealers yet, let alone customers hands so it doesn't make sense to me to release a 3.6TT literrally a few weeks after 3.2 TT orders start comming out of the factory.
It's possible that the US TT will have the 3.6 litre VR6 like the US Passat 3.6.
There where the european TT and Passat have the 3.2 VR6.

Hans.

roadrunner
August 7th, 2006, 06:59
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Hans,

...would to not be more likely that the R8 will get it's premier there....LA motorshow...

It has been quoted a couple of times, that the R8 will debut at the Paris Auto show in Sep. 2006 . We will find out soon. :dance:

Greets!
Seb.

chewym
August 7th, 2006, 07:30
The world debut Audi vehicle in LA will most likely be the convertible TT.

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2006, 10:30
Iceman,

The more I think about it, I reackon it's the premier of the A5 or the TT Roadster. The TT opentop is due in spring of 2007 and the A5 will be approx mid 2007, either could be shown at LA but my thinking is, it will be the TT mainly because opentop car sell possibly better there than in any other pair of the world.

Just had a thought, could they be showing the TT Roadster and the TT-S at the same time.:vhmmm:

Iceman
August 8th, 2006, 11:15
Originally posted by Leadfoot Just had a thought, could they be showing the TT Roadster and the TT-S at the same time.:vhmmm:
The last US car show had only the TT 2.0T Coupe'.
Maybe this time around they will see the full range Coups en Roadsters.
2.0T fwd + Quattro ?, 3.2/3.6 VR6 Quattro ?, TTS Quattro ?.
you have to wait and see.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2006, 16:27
The last US car show had only the TT 2.0T Coupe'.
Maybe this time around they will see the full range Coups en Roadsters.
2.0T fwd + Quattro ?, 3.2/3.6 VR6 Quattro ?, TTS Quattro ?.
you have to wait and see.

Hans.

Hans, how come I get the feeling that you know more than you're saying.:vhmmm:

Iceman
August 9th, 2006, 00:24
http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/images/smiles/yabb_rolleyes.gif

Hans.

Erik
August 9th, 2006, 07:52

It's better than the opposite :D ;)

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2006, 16:17
Originally posted by Erik
It's better than the opposite :D ;)

What you mean like the rest of us.:hihi:

Leadfoot
August 12th, 2006, 11:33
Info has when very quiet on the differing S-Line options for the new TT. Do anyone have any more info? As yet my dealer know nothing about any S-Line options but agrees that it is inevitable that Audi will do one.

Iceman
August 13th, 2006, 00:20
It look like that the S-Line bodykit will be introduces with the introduction of the TTS.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 13th, 2006, 09:45
It look like that the S-Line bodykit will be introduces with the introduction of the TTS.

Hans.

OK, but earlier someone posted that there where to be a range of S-Line options, some where just bodywork and others included suspension tweaks. Has these differences been drop, leaving just one S-Line option like all other S-Line cars in the Audi line-up.

I wonder, when you say that it will be introduced with the TTS, does this mean that the TTS is only an ordinary TT with the S-Line option added?

Iceman
August 13th, 2006, 10:49
S-Line options are Bodykit, springs, wheels and interior.
They will be standard on the TTS and a option on the rest of the TT's.
The TTS will be either the 265 hp 2.0T FSI or the 302 hp 3.6 VR6 FSI.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 13th, 2006, 11:26
S-Line options are Bodykit, springs, wheels and interior.
They will be standard on the TTS and a option on the rest of the TT's.
The TTS will be either the 265 hp 2.0T FSI or the 302 hp 3.6 VR6 FSI.

Hans.

Thanks for that Hans. One more question, do you know when it will be added to the options list, will it be soon or only added when this TTS is introduced into the range.

Iceman
August 13th, 2006, 11:48
Thanks for that Hans. One more question, do you know when it will be added to the options list, will it be soon or only added when this TTS is introduced into the range.
There is still no information about when S-Line will be availeble for order.
And the TTS is also unclear because there is still no information from Audi witch engine combo will be called TTS.
Either the 265 hp 2.0T FSI or the 302 hp 3.6 VR6 FSI.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 13th, 2006, 12:47
There is still no information about when S-Line will be availeble for order.
And the TTS is also unclear because there is still no information from Audi witch engine combo will be called TTS.
Either the 265 hp 2.0T FSI or the 302 hp 3.6 VR6 FSI.

Hans.

Hans, just a thought. :vhmmm: Could the TTS be the 265hp model with FWD and the TTQS be the 302hp model with quattro?

Iceman
August 13th, 2006, 13:47
Hans, just a thought. :vhmmm: Could the TTS be the 265hp model with FWD and the TTQS be the 302hp model with quattro?
I can assure you that beside's the 200 hp (maybe get a future upgrade to 220 hp) and the future 1.8T FSI base model, all TT's will have Quattro.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 13th, 2006, 14:05
I can assure you that beside's the 200 hp (maybe get a future upgrade to 220 hp) and the future 1.8T FSI base model, all TT's will have Quattro.

Hans.

No Hans, it's just lot of people on the site have talked about lots of differing TT, be it TT-S, TT-QS and the much awaited TT-RS. I like possibly quite a few on the site where wondering what the difference was between the TT-S and the TT-QS, I assumed that the first was fwd and the other was quattro the Q in the TT-QS. That's all.:0:

The chassis can take the extra power in fwd form, and with the technology of fuel injection and management chip, torque steer can easily be overcome.

Iceman
August 13th, 2006, 15:28
I like possibly quite a few on the site where wondering what the difference was between the TT-S and the TT-QS....
The old TT QS was the strip out version with 240 hp.
The new TT QS can be for example the 265 hp 2.0T FSI, with the rear seats removed and with Sparco race style seats like the TT LM pace-car.
And the TTS can for example be the 302 hp 3.6 VR6 Quattro.
It's also possible that the TTS and TT QS are one and the same car with the 265 hp 2.0T FSI engine.
In that case the 3.6 can be for example be called TT 3.6 Quattro.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 14th, 2006, 12:43
The old TT QS was the strip out version with 240 hp.
The new TT QS can be for example the 265 hp 2.0T FSI, with the rear seats removed and with Sparco race style seats like the TT LM pace-car.
And the TTS can for example be the 302 hp 3.6 VR6 Quattro.
It's also possible that the TTS and TT QS are one and the same car with the 265 hp 2.0T FSI engine.
In that case the 3.6 can be for example be called TT 3.6 Quattro.

Hans.

Hans,

Do you feel that with the standard TT getting the 220hp upgrade, will this left the 3.2L underpowered. Both will be too close for comfort with regards to performance figures, unless Audi are still going to produce the 200hp version.

TT 1.8TFSi - ? fwd

TT 2.0TFSi - 200hp fwd

TT 2.0TFSi - 220hp fwd or awd?

TT 3.2FSi - 250hp awd

TT-S 2.0TFSi - 265hp awd

Unless the TT-S is a lot lighter than the 3.2L the benefits of this model are limited.

Iceman
August 14th, 2006, 12:58
A up-grade to 220 hp means that the 200 hp will stay no longer in the line up.
It coulth look like this then:

1.8T FSI ± 160-180 hp fwd.
2.0T FSI 220 hp fwd + 4wd.
3.2 VR6 250 hp 4wd.
2.0T FSI 265 hp 4wd.
3.6 VR6 FSI 302 hp 4wd.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 14th, 2006, 17:34
A up-grade to 220 hp means that the 200 hp will stay no longer in the line up.
It coulth look like this then:

1.8T FSI ± 160-180 hp fwd.
2.0T FSI 220 hp fwd + 4wd.
3.2 VR6 250 hp 4wd.
2.0T FSI 265 hp 4wd.
3.6 VR6 FSI 302 hp 4wd.

Hans.

I reckon that the 265hp model will appear before they introduce the 1.8T FSi and the 220hp version of the 2.0T FSi in awd form at least. The 265hp model will possibly arrive with the introduce of the soft-top which if I'm right will be in the spring.

Surely the 3.2 VR6 is due to have FSi, this is going to increase it's power by appox. 10hp, don't you think.

PS. I notice you haven't included a diesel into the line-up.

Iceman
August 14th, 2006, 19:20
Surely the 3.2 VR6 is due to have FSi, this is going to increase it's power by appox. 10hp, don't you think.

PS. I notice you haven't included a diesel into the line-up.
The EU 3.2 Passat have the new 3.2 VR6 FSI engine in it with 250 hp and 330 Nm of torque.
The hp is the same the torque is raised by 10 Nm and the fuel consumption is lower.

The Diesel engine will be most likely a 2.0 CR TDI with ± 204 hp.

Hans.

Leadfoot
August 14th, 2006, 19:58
The Diesel engine will be most likely a 2.0 CR TDI with ± 204 hp.

Hans.

Hans,

You are joking:eye:, 204hp from a 2.0d. Eat your heart out BMW.:hihi:

That might be the engine we all should be considering, just think with a little tuning to the chip, 240hp and 400+lbs/ft of torque is on the cards.:vhmmm: Now all we need is someone to make it sound the part.

I see the R8 is to be shown at Neckersaulm on 30th Sept, so Hans, you might be right as the TTS being the model premiering at the LA Motor-show.