PDA

View Full Version : 450 vs 480 BHP

paulhiggs
August 2nd, 2006, 14:18
Hi

I've seen some information indicating that later production RS6's were equipped with a 480 BHP version of the V8.

Is it possible to tell from the VIN number if it so a 450 or 480 BHP model?

What else was added with this up-spec model?

Thanks
Paul

Rupert
August 2nd, 2006, 14:28
You must be referring to the Plus. It came with perforated brake discs, two more radiators, 10mm lower ride height, aluminium pedals, numbered plaque, and avant body shape only (so none in USA).

Rupert
August 2nd, 2006, 14:35
Also black tailpipes, and dark (anthracite?) alloys.

Duma
August 2nd, 2006, 16:26
Originally posted by paulhiggs
Hi

I've seen some information indicating that later production RS6's were equipped with a 480 BHP version of the V8.

Is it possible to tell from the VIN number if it so a 450 or 480 BHP model?

What else was added with this up-spec model?

Thanks
Paul maybe this can help you

RS6 plus (http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs6_plus.asp) and RS6 (http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs6.asp)

scottmandu
August 2nd, 2006, 20:46
The perf brake rotors wern't exclusive to the plus, they were an option on the regular RS6. I also think that the black wheels were options on the plus models, I've seen a few plusses with reg wheels.

Mr Kram
August 3rd, 2006, 01:03
didn't the black tips indicate sport exhaust? this wasn't exclusive to the plus.

scottmandu
August 3rd, 2006, 02:36
Yeah black tips was the exhaust with "Enhanced Sound" I'd bet that all plusses had them.

gjg
August 3rd, 2006, 06:54
titanium wheels were optional (n/c) on +, the "sport" exhaust was standard, sport suspension standard (there was ss susp. option), win numbers end between 001 and 999, last three digits are on the plague by shift selector. :idea:

Lateknight
August 3rd, 2006, 19:10
There does not appear to be a definative way of distinguishing an RS6 from an RS6+ by chassis number. There is no engine related code 'hidden' in the chassis number (I can only speak for European models). North american models might be different.

All of the above posts contain good ways of distinguishing the 2 models apart.

The only thing I can add to this are engine codes (as below)

BCY is the 450ps version

BRV is the 480ps version