PDA

View Full Version : service issues

gjg
July 28th, 2006, 07:32
You guys think your Audi service in US sucks? You're not alone .... I just had 60,000 km service done and when the car was ready I went over the check list and WTF - where is the timing belt?

Received 30,000 km check sheet and the service "advisor" with stone face explained me that 30k and 60 k service is identical.

Well .... according to infamous importer (and we are about 3 hours drive from the factory) the above is true and stealer even produced a letter from Audi importer stating the above.

And, according to those guys, the Importer's decission overrides factory car manual. These are the same people who insisted that 0W30 long life oil is better than factory spected oil for rs6 ....

How is that for service?

You really thing the the AoA is the only incompetent bunch within this company? :vgrumpy:

I've ordered this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0898048044/sr=8-10/qid=1154068018/ref=pd_bbs_10/103-0574320-9362239?ie=UTF8 for the Company service manager and the Importer's management - hope it will help :thumb:

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 15:27
Originally posted by gjg

I've ordered this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0898048044/sr=8-10/qid=1154068018/ref=pd_bbs_10/103-0574320-9362239?ie=UTF8 for the Company service manager and the Importer's management - hope it will help :thumb:

:applause: :applause: :applause:
:bow: :bow: :bow:

ROFLMAO!!! I ordered one of those books for myself!:thumb: :D

Ben:addict:

gjg
July 28th, 2006, 16:10
when you go through I am positive you will find many many candidates to receive this book ... as a matter of fact, I have give few out already - well worth the effort :D

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 16:31
Originally posted by gjg
when you go through I am positive you will find many many candidates to receive this book ... as a matter of fact, I have give few out already - well worth the effort :D

Looking forward to reading it (I'm a Readaholic:D).

Ben:addict:

Aronis
July 29th, 2006, 04:11
Audi SUCKS.

gjg
July 29th, 2006, 07:05
Originally posted by Aronis

Audi SUCKS.

well, this is what you get when business is run by incompetent people whos primary function on job is protecting theiir arse instead what they suppose to do to start with.

Product is good, what sucks is the stupidity and shortsigtness of idiots running the distribution and SERVICE. And this is where they loose on a long run.

However, this is not just one manufacturer, all of them are pretty much the same - although it seems that the Gemans are leading the pack at the moment. Close friend has same (actually worse) problems with MB as we speak, same treatment.

I guess mule would solve the problem .... :thumb:

Aronis
July 29th, 2006, 15:32
Its that Audi has been taken over by the marketing department, as opposed to being lead by the Engineering Department like BMW.

Ford for example is being taken over by their marketting department as they try to 'reach out' to other buyers....

See there commercial for the weekend outing with DAD included for the now too ACCEPTED devorced broken up families. See the ads aimed at certain other LOW percentage of the population groups.

They don't have A PRODUCT or SERVICE but hell with the correct MARKETTING they can sell water to a drowning man.

Mike

Qisha
July 29th, 2006, 19:33
Dear gjg,

i can hardly follow this "Service Advisor" with his statement.

This is a certified Audi Service Center? Its der "Plus" you had in for Service?

Please PM me the details.

PS: not replacing the Timing Belt every 60 TKM will lead to a void warranty.

gjg
July 30th, 2006, 10:30
Quisha,

this is unfortunate fact - I will PM you the details. The company is The Importer of Audi/VW in country.

and yes, it is my + which was in for service - it is scheduled again this week. And we have notified them in writting about potential liability in case of belt failure.

It gets even better - the same importer could not find another Audi (new) on their parking lot for a month to make a delivery. My + delivery was delayed for over 3 (three) weeks because they could not issue invoice for the car while it was sitting in their back yard. And the list goes on. :doh:

SpinEcho
July 31st, 2006, 03:35
Originally posted by Aronis
Its that Audi has been taken over by the marketing department, as opposed to being lead by the Engineering Department like BMW.

Nah....

Take comfort in the knowledge that BMW's just as bad as the rest of them. The marketing men and bean counters are winning there, too. Let's see:

"race-inspired/Formula 1 (insert BS here) SMG" or a real transmission (read manual);

cool-looking cross-drilled discs on the M-cars, but cost-saving, performance-sapping, f*ugly sliding calipers;

I'm a cool techie geek with a big silver knob - but it takes me 5 minutes to set my interior temperature - I-Drive.

etc. etc.

gjg
August 3rd, 2006, 06:50
belt done in one day, took them 12 hours ..... interestingly enough I was told that DRC (pressure) should be checked every 20k km. As a matter of fact they offered to do that next time if I can bring both cars at the same day - no charge ... :idea:

Aronis
August 3rd, 2006, 15:27
Originally posted by gjg
belt done in one day, took them 12 hours ..... interestingly enough I was told that DRC (pressure) should be checked every 20k km. As a matter of fact they offered to do that next time if I can bring both cars at the same day - no charge ... :idea:

Now THAT's Interesting. I mentioned before, that system should have been desigened to have it's pressure measured EASILY, perhaps a built in pressure transducer which checks STATIC resting pressure at every start up.

Now measuring the pressure involves disconnecting two shocks and putting a pressure setup on the system. This could be done easily by vertue of the CHECKVALVES.

This clearly is a NEW routine test as this is the first its been mentioned anywhere.

It's a design flaw issue. It was designed to last just until the end of the warrantee - bastards.

Mike

gjg
August 3rd, 2006, 22:02
Mike, our rs6 is going in for 75k in about 4 weeks and they agreed to get the DRC tester to the shop and asked me to bring tthe + as well so they can do both cars at the same time ..... I'll post once this is done.

g

Aronis
August 4th, 2006, 00:01
Excellent, if they develop a standardized test for the DRC that is a great step in the right direction for longevity of the system.

Mike

gmbh6
August 18th, 2006, 20:42
what are you complaining about? my dealer scratched my fender when they were changing the timing belt. and the time before that they scratched my wheels.

and this is the second audi dealer because the first one had a mechanic that was calling me and asking if he could take my car home.......ahhhhh..... :vhmmm: ......HELL NO!

and what about the porsche dealer who I told to save my old tires.......and when I went to pick them up they said they accidentally threw them away........and when I walked around the back I saw them stashed by the trash dump.

and don't get me started on the VW dealer who can't fix a leak in a Eurovan.

and did you hear the one about the merc dealer who suggests an off site repair shop for an older v12 model.........and then that repair shop try's to finkel with you car and sabotage it so you just figure it's not worth it and sell it to them.

so don't get me started on the stealerships. :doh: