PDA

View Full Version : Fuel economy V8, V6 FSI

Benman
July 27th, 2006, 19:48
Chewym from AudiWorld posted this: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm (pick 2007, then Audi, then Q7)

LOL! Only 1 mpg better on freeway, and 2 better in city. Feeling even better about the 4.2 V8 now!:applause:

Too bad we couldn't have a 4.2 TDI, it'd be a towing Beast!

Ben:addict:

AndyBG
July 27th, 2006, 23:14
Fuel economy?

I you want economy, BUY DIESEL! :bye2:

:hihi:

:0:

Benman
July 27th, 2006, 23:27
Originally posted by Benman

Too bad we couldn't have a 4.2 TDI, it'd be a towing Beast!

Originally posted by AndyBG
I you want economy, BUY DIESEL!

Would if I could.;)

I did tell you that right now, a VW Bettle, and VW Jetta are the only cars in America that one can buy with a diesel engine? Sad...

AndyBG
July 27th, 2006, 23:46
Would if I could.;)

I did tell you that right now, a VW Bettle, and VW Jetta are the only cars in America that one can buy with a diesel engine? Sad...

I know...
You told me that months ago...

Wehn your new ''family member'' on four wheels is coming?

You told me that, also, but i forgot... :blush:

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 01:06
Originally posted by AndyBG
I know...
You told me that months ago...

Wehn your new ''family member'' on four wheels is coming?

You told me that, also, but i forgot... :blush:

The wife's Q7 is due around October's end (from September originally...). We'll see... But see's getting anxious! :D

sturs6
July 28th, 2006, 03:49
Would if I could.;)

Mercedes E320 CDI... That is a diesel German ride!!! Nor VAG though.
:cheers:
Stuart

Audihead
July 28th, 2006, 06:39
The fuel economy in the RS is better than the S4. Plus 80 more HP. I would say it is all relevant though. Keep in mind the weight of the new Q7 battleship.:D

gjg
July 28th, 2006, 07:35

nope, Passat was available with 2.0 TDI (at least 2004/5 model year)

gjg
July 28th, 2006, 08:21
in US that is .... :thumb:

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 16:15
Originally posted by sturs6
Mercedes E320 CDI... That is a diesel German ride!!! Nor VAG though.
:cheers:
Stuart

Blasphemy! How dare you bring the Name of Mercedes in this thread!:D

Originally posted by gjg

nope, Passat was available with 2.0 TDI (at least 2004/5 model year)

Guys, I know the Merc just came out. Its a 2007 model that wasn't available as of just a couple of months ago. I also don't like the fact it carries around horse piss in the trunk!:nono:

As for the Passat, that was then, as of now, the Passat has been discontinued... Whats really sad, there will be zero VAG TDI products for model year 2007! Zero! "Can't meet emmisions, blah, blah, blah..." They will bring TDI back in MY2008 (probably with horse piss in trunk).

To me, Audi is REALLY missing the boat here! I'm not trying to beat a dead horse (or beat the piss out of it for my trunk), but what the heck happened to "To lead is Greater than to Follow"???:vhmmm:

Why is Audi sitting on their Arses letting Mercedes bring a diesel to the States when that have squat here?!? Why, when they are cleaning up at the track with the all new TDI R10?!?:confused: Why? Are they waiting for a year or two to go by? Maybe then the R10 might start losing? Maybe then, the R10 won't be as bad arsed of a racecar. Maybe then, the novelty will wear off and they will have missed the boat. Heck, by 2008, Mercedes will be known by the laymen here as the main force behind diesel and Audi will be just a punch line.

"To Lead"... that is a sick joke. Audi, get off your "laurels" and bring TDI here! Stop waiting for everyone else to do the job first!

Leadfoot
July 28th, 2006, 20:09
Blasphemy! How dare you bring the Name of Mercedes in this thread!:D
Guys, I know the Merc just came out. Its a 2007 model that wasn't available as of just a couple of months ago. I also don't like the fact it carries around horse piss in the trunk!:nono:

As for the Passat, that was then, as of now, the Passat has been discontinued... Whats really sad, there will be zero VAG TDI products for model year 2007! Zero! "Can't meet emmisions, blah, blah, blah..." They will bring TDI back in MY2008 (probably with horse piss in trunk).

To me, Audi is REALLY missing the boat here! I'm not trying to beat a dead horse (or beat the piss out of it for my trunk), but what the heck happened to "To lead is Greater than to Follow"???:vhmmm:

Why is Audi sitting on their Arses letting Mercedes bring a diesel to the States when that have squat here?!? Why, when they are cleaning up at the track with the all new TDI R10?!?:confused: Why? Are they waiting for a year or two to go by? Maybe then the R10 might start losing? Maybe then, the R10 won't be as bad arsed of a racecar. Maybe then, the novelty will wear off and they will have missed the boat. Heck, by 2008, Mercedes will be known by the laymen here as the main force behind diesel and Audi will be just a punch line.

"To Lead"... that is a sick joke. Audi, get off your "laurels" and bring TDI here! Stop waiting for everyone else to do the job first!

Why are you complaining about Audi missing the boat while Merc bring in their diesels.

How many years did Audi miss the boat when SUVs really took off. They said the car that quattro was designed for , well it took them long enough.:hihi:

Audi have been slow to catch on to many a thing. Alas Audi are still a relatively new luxury car manufacturer when you compare them to the likes of Merc or BMW. I agree that there is no better a time to get the US public to convert to diesel and Audi diesel at that than when they have won the Le Mans and are currently leading the US Le Mans series with their diesel R10.

Merc and VAG use differing technology in their diesel engines. Merc use 'common rail' like BMW and most others, maybe this is the reason why their diesel meets the emission laws and VAG's engines don't. Talk is that VAG will be converting to this very soon, this might explain why they will be back in 2008.

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 21:25
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Why are you complaining about Audi missing the boat while Merc bring in their diesels.

How many years did Audi miss the boat when SUVs really took off. They said the car that quattro was designed for , well it took them long enough.:hihi:

Believe me, I've complained about that one as well...

Seems Audi likes to "Follow"...

Lateknight
July 28th, 2006, 22:31
Hasn't this got something to do with the sulphur level and cetane rating of the diesel fuel available in North America ? A lot of the latest engines are not suitable.

I remember reading this somewhere (but can't remember where.)

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 22:35
Originally posted by Lateknight

I remember reading this somewhere (but can't remember where.)

I know what you're talking about...

Yeah, our diesel is crap. Low grade stuff. October of this year, that all changes. As of then, we'll get the same stuff you all have out there.:thumb:

Not sure why VAG is pulling their TDIs in MY2007...?

gjg
July 29th, 2006, 08:12
Ben, they are doing that just to give you a reason to complain .... :D

Leadfoot
July 29th, 2006, 10:11
Originally posted by gjg

Nice one.:applause:

Benman
July 31st, 2006, 17:51
Originally posted by gjg

:applause:

Nah, Mercedes bought all the horse piss needed to make diesels legal for MY2007. There was none left till MY2008. By then, horse piss production will be up to full speed and can satisfy demands.;) :D

chewym
August 2nd, 2006, 03:27
Sad news about diesels in America, I read the latest Car and Driver, and they tested the latest BMW 330d, they said that the Bluetec MB diesel is not 50 state engine. They also said that the European limit for Nox is 8 times higher than what is allowed here for the entire manufacturer, not just one car. Audi better get working on getting rid of that NOx, if they want a 50 state diesel. A 45 state diesel for the Q7 IMO could be brought as early as next year, but I don't think that Audi will bother untill they make it a 50 state (read California).

Benman
August 2nd, 2006, 17:27
Originally posted by chewym
Sad news about diesels in America, I read the latest Car and Driver, and they tested the latest BMW 330d, they said that the Bluetec MB diesel is not 50 state engine.

I read the same article. I thought it said the current MB CDI is not 50 state compliant and that next years Bluetec would make it 50 state compliant?

chewym
August 3rd, 2006, 02:42
I read the same article. I thought it said the current MB CDI is not 50 state compliant and that next years Bluetec would make it 50 state compliant?

You are right, with AdBlue it is 50 state legal. But they did say eventually, so I am not sure. The thing is that Audi has been quiet about its diesels in North America, it would be a shame to have other manufacturers bring diesels before Audi.

Benman
August 3rd, 2006, 05:14
Originally posted by chewym
The thing is that Audi has been quiet about its diesels in North America, it would be a shame to have other manufacturers bring diesels before Audi.

Amen! That is what I'm talking about! Audi, why follow?

Of course George is right though, they just do it to get me bitchin!:D

gjg
August 3rd, 2006, 07:56
:applause: