PDA

View Full Version : RS4 comments

LukeDog
July 26th, 2006, 23:08
First and foremost, my new RS4 is an incredible car. So it seems silly to complain about anything. Anyway, here goes. Firstly, no audio jack for an I-pod? That’s seems odd. It does have the memory card slots, but come on, that’s not an I-pod. I simple audio jack would have made a world of difference. Secondly, the gear shifter knob is made of Aluminum (I’m guessing), as it heats up to a skin scorching temperature hot enough to heat your bagel in the morning. hmm, not a bad idea.

ghostsnake
July 27th, 2006, 00:30
Who cares about the music at least they give you an option for the sound cards, and for the knob thing get that looked into you should talk about how great your car is or the good parts about it cause its an INSANE car. Talk about the great things.

BigRick
July 27th, 2006, 00:42
I don't mean to be rude but isn't it a bit strange to complain about a audio jack and a shifter knob!?

SD cards are quite enough to accomodate most needs and we are in the middle of dog days right now and my knob doesn't feel hot at all... so what are you complaining about.

Take a couple of minutes to fill two 2 gigs SD cards with music build a couple of playlist and enjoy!

For the knob you have two choices either take the car to the dealer to have it check (I can't understand why it's so hot) or buy a glove :)

I wish you start enjoying your "beast" a little more.

Cheers :cheers:

Fab
July 27th, 2006, 07:56
The Ipod link is a new extra available from factory for Europe from week 44 onward. I am getting my RS4 avant mid-August and a week ago reading the new RS4 option brochure I saw the Ipod connection available for little money and I got mad. So I call my dealer and he told me about the future availability. However he said that upon delivery of my car (in 3 weeks) I wil be able to get it retro fitted and I said yes of course.

This is a fantastic extra because the Ipod is controlable from the Nav !!! which is simply great.

Try to ask for this extra as this should come in the US as well.

rado2rs4
July 27th, 2006, 08:58
well man it looks like im going to have to confiscate ur rs4 due to lack of Apprecation :cool2:

BryanF
July 27th, 2006, 09:21
The sound of the exhaust in "s" mode is all the music I need to listen to.....Magnificent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IulianUM
July 27th, 2006, 12:23
I have more than enough with the SD cards , but as Fab says if it could be retro fitted , better .
No problems with the shift knob , the isue with the heat is when I get the car parked under the sun and the wheel gets very hot , but that is not an Audi thing .:D

BigRick
July 27th, 2006, 12:50
There's much more that can be retrofited with the nav system...
http://www.navplus.us/ as plenty of info about that and even your audi manual tells you a bit of what can be done... like adding Playstation, Xbox or a DVD player.

The IPod (from what I understand) is one of those devices that can be fitted to the multimedia interface.

LukeDog
July 27th, 2006, 15:40
I certainly dont "lack appreciation" for the car. I just thought I'd point out some things I that surprised me by the car, other than the amazing acceleration, speed, handling, and all of the other incredible features of the car. As there are endless posts that cover those points, and I agree with all of them. I'm just trying to throw some info out there.

Oh, and you dont get a 5th wheel. Just a can of Audi fix-a-flat, and an air compressor.

Damn, that sounds like complaining again :)

Once again, its by far the best car I have owned and I'm enjoying every second of driving it. Once its completely broken in, I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more.

BigRick
July 27th, 2006, 16:33
Originally posted by LukeDog
I certainly dont "lack appreciation" for the car. I just thought I'd point out some things I that surprised me by the car, other than the amazing acceleration, speed, handling, and all of the other incredible features of the car. As there are endless posts that cover those points, and I agree with all of them. I'm just trying to throw some info out there.

Oh, and you dont get a 5th wheel. Just a can of Audi fix-a-flat, and an air compressor.

Damn, that sounds like complaining again :)

Once again, its by far the best car I have owned and I'm enjoying every second of driving it. Once its completely broken in, I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more.

Now I better understand the idea behind your "complains" :)

The politicaly correct reason for not having a spare tire was weight reduction.

LukeDog
July 27th, 2006, 16:40
Good point.

ghostsnake
July 27th, 2006, 16:54
If you want just get some work done on the car they have good technology parts that you can buy to put in the car that doesn't make the car look bad in any way.

phEight
July 27th, 2006, 20:14
Hey there Lukedog, congrats on the car... I see that you are in Boulder, CO. Well if for some reason you are near the CU campus think you can shoot me a PM? I'd absolutely love to check the beast out, and got a larger image? :love:

Lateknight
July 27th, 2006, 23:30
If thats all you have got to complain about, sounds like you have got a cracking car.

As mentioned previously you should be able to obtain an I-pod adapter from Audi. (part no. here in Europe is 1k0054444)

This would then make your Audi Radio see the Ipod as a sort of Autochanger. Fully controllable from the controls on the radio. It even charges your Ipod and powers it off when you power the radio off.

How about a little hood for your gearknob. :hihi:

jasaretta
July 28th, 2006, 04:06
Originally posted by LukeDog
First and foremost, my new RS4 is an incredible car. So it seems silly to complain about anything. Anyway, here goes. Firstly, no audio jack for an I-pod? That’s seems odd. It does have the memory card slots, but come on, that’s not an I-pod. I simple audio jack would have made a world of difference. Secondly, the gear shifter knob is made of Aluminum (I’m guessing), as it heats up to a skin scorching temperature hot enough to heat your bagel in the morning. hmm, not a bad idea.

I have never noticed the slightest temp increase from the gear knob ????

Audihead
July 28th, 2006, 05:51
The gear knob absoutely fries when left in the direct sunlight. Point an A/C vent at it for a couple of minutes. I truly do not care about an I-Pod adapter, the engine makes enough sweet music for me. If regular radio, satellite radio, 6-CD changer, and 2 SD card slots, can't keep you satisfied. I think you may need therapy, not an I-Pod adapter.:D

MR USER
July 28th, 2006, 07:02
I agree about the gear Knob. I left it on the sun for 2 hours and.... wow it's hot!!!

By the way I have the Ipod connection on mr RS4 and to be honest I rerely listen to any music at all! there is much more to listen to than just few songs in the RS4

albala
July 28th, 2006, 14:58
Hi All.

I'm new to this site, but not to Audis.

It bugs me to death that Audi has an exclusive agreement with Sirius satellite, and no option for XM. I suppose they got a lot of money from Sirius. From a customer standpoint, I think it is a poorly thought-out decision...from a company that usually does the right things for the right reasons. What could be more simple than adding a line-level 1/8 inch input for ipods or external devices? All new cars should have one.

I'll never understand why car companies put ugly, awkward shift knobs on cars. I had a 1999 mazda miata with the nicest feeling stubby shift knob that was a pleasure to work with. On my 2005 S4 cabrio, the knob is big and goofy...bit it never gets hot. Years ago, my girlfriend milled her own shift knob out of aluminum for her 1989 VW Golf. It was great until summertime when she had to put a sock over it just to drive because it was so hot. Great idea, not very well thought out.

Anyone out there with experience getting more power out of an S4 cabriolet? (intake, exhaust, chip)

thanks

al

Audihead
July 28th, 2006, 18:14
I don't think you have to have Sirius radio if you don't want to. Mine came with XM. My salesman said if it came with Sirius he could have it configured for XM if I wanted that insted. I believe you can set it up with the settings in the Navi + system. Check this out with the Navi + sticky I posted at the top of this forum.