PDA

View Full Version : US Standard RS6 Features?

jimmy94507
March 29th, 2003, 17:06
A few months ago the preliminary specification for the US RS6 were posted on the AudiWorld site and the Audi USA site. When my salesman returned from the training in Phoenix he gave me a glossy of the RS6 specification. I've noted some differences: Tire pressure monitoring system is no longer in the specs., front & rear parktronic was changed to only rear parktronic, OnStar is now standard for the US.
Also, the salesman stated drilled rotors will be standard for the US but they are not mentioned in the specifications? I had also heard earlier that body color mirrors will be standard for the US but the Specs. show brushed aluminum. Have any others noticed/heard anything about these items?
drilled rotors?
Tire pressure monitoring system?
body color side mirrors?
rear parktronic only?
Comments are appreciated,
Thanks, Jim

Benman
March 31st, 2003, 22:05
it definately is confusing. i heard that we will get the tire
pressure sensor and that we will also be getting the aluminum
finish mirrors. as far as the rear only parktronic and the drilled
brakes, anyones guess is as good as mine (or the dealers).

i would also be interested in any info if someone out there
knows for sure:cheers:

ben:addict:

Speedracer
April 1st, 2003, 01:50
My dealer told me that we are getting body-colored mirrors.

dabull
April 1st, 2003, 01:51
The pressure sensors are gone and the rotors are drilled. I am not sure about the rest.

Benman
April 1st, 2003, 02:00
wow:bigeyes:

it sounds like our dealers need to get together and find out
what's really going on:confused:

iconcls
April 1st, 2003, 13:56
You'd think they would know after the AZ junket.

AudiWorldMember
April 1st, 2003, 16:26
I'm not surprised at all. Some of them don't know how to spell RS 6. :D

Erik
April 2nd, 2003, 08:55
The correct spelling is RS 6.

However I now spell it RS6. Must be the internet... :addict:

BBGT2
April 2nd, 2003, 19:53
They (dealers) dont know diddly. I just spoke to mine and said
" hey how about some frickin literature on this bad boy".
His response is as soon as he gets it he will overnite to me, and that Audi will be sending me ALL info I need in the e-mail real real soon because they pushed up thebuild dates, so instead of a Sept. 15-21st build date I am looking more like late july early August, :devil:

Yippee cant hardly wait sooner and not later go and figure that one, I did however forget to ask him about the tire sensors, mirrors etc. Hopefully Audi will let me know all that soon.
If I hear anything I will post all that I find out.

Bajo:addict:

Rally
April 2nd, 2003, 20:43
I'm inclined to go with the AOA RS 6 circular.
Brushed aluminum mirrors and rear parktronic are listed.

I'm pissed they dropped the tire pressure monitor system.
What the hell else have they eliminated without our knowledge?

The current drop list:
19" tire/wheel option
front parktronic
Nav Plus
black out trim
Special Recaros
Thin bumpers (not 5 mile)
Tire pressure monitoring system
?????????

:vvangry:

For the money were paying we should have got the whole meal deal...not some stripped down model.

iconcls
April 2nd, 2003, 21:10
Now I am bummed :-(

jimmy94507
April 2nd, 2003, 21:27
I talked to my dealer who called Audi USA with my questions. Here's the feedback he gave me:
Drilled rotors? YES
Brushed Al. side mirrors? YES
Rear parktronic only? YES (They gave this story about USA 5 mph crash testing issue? Huh? Seems like BMW and Mercedes don't have a problem. Why Audi?) They can deliver front Parktronic on the A8 but not on the RS6?? B.S.!!!

No Tire pressure monitoring system! ( some story about having the battery in the trunk causing problems with the system?? Again, Huh???) This was listed as a safety feature for the low profile tire's sensitivity to tire pressure. I haven't seen anyone on this forum talking about problems with the system. I suspect they made the decision to drop it when they decided to not make the 19" wheels available to the US so they could save a few $'s.

I was also told their first car has been released to manufacturing so no changes can be made to the car. This build is at least 4 - 5 weeks early.

BBGT2
April 2nd, 2003, 22:29
Seems to be gettin worse with the news more so than better. Sometimes you gotta wonder about Audi of America, what the #!@$(&!&&^%!$$!$$^*****^.
Here we are plunking down 90 big ones and they are stripping the car with the list of items included. I am definately sending them a letter of discontent regarding this B.S.

Dont matter though they probably wont do a damn thing about it.
Still cant wait to get mine
:devil:

Bajo:addict:

Benman
April 2nd, 2003, 22:47
yeah, i'm now wondering if it was a bad idea for me to see
the spec sheet on PDF file for the U.S. RS6. it was all good and
dandy at first, but now that it appears things are getting
eliminated i'm a little dissapointed. as the saying goes:
ignorance is bliss:cheers:

but like Bajo says, it ain't gonna stop me!