PDA

View Full Version : RS4 for rent

jinglis
July 25th, 2006, 20:27
I rented a Porsche 997 Carrera S, with 13km, from Avis Germany this year for my 'Ring trip (I loved this car) and I was just checking the fun car section for my trip next year and I spotted that they've added the Audi RS4...190 EUR all in. In case any wants to take one for a spin.

Benman
July 25th, 2006, 21:30
Originally posted by jinglis
I rented a Porsche 997 Carrera S, with 13km, from Avis Germany this year for my 'Ring trip (I loved this car) and I was just checking the fun car section for my trip next year and I spotted that they've added the Audi RS4...190 EUR all in. In case any wants to take one for a spin.

190 EUR per day is a BARGAIN for such a low run car! Great find. :thumb:

My question: Do they rent the new 4.2 TDI A8?

Ben:addict:

ghostsnake
July 25th, 2006, 22:00
WOW great find if they had that in Canada I'd take it for many WEEKS love that car.

QuattroFan
July 25th, 2006, 22:44
Heading to Germany in a couple months. Have to check it out.

MR USER
July 26th, 2006, 21:12
As far as I know in the contract they make you sign there is a clause about using he car on the ring.... I would duble check if I were you!

QuattroFan
July 27th, 2006, 02:29
Originally posted by MR USER
As far as I know in the contract they make you sign there is a clause about using he car on the ring.... I would duble check if I were you!

Are there any other 'Ring Friendly' rental places?

jinglis
July 27th, 2006, 17:10
It would be a pisser if Avis has excluded the 'Ring.

I've just pulled up the 'Terms and Conditions' for Germany and I don't see an exclusion for the 'Ring and I don't interpret the wording to implicitly exclude the 'Ring but who knows.

Anyway the info I got was from

www.avis.co.uk (as it is in English)

Choose 'Help and Support' from the grey menu bar. Then choose 'Countries Policies & Procedures' from the expanded light grey menu on the left hand side. Then get the section for the country and language and there are two pdf docs with the info.

Happy renting. You can also look at Ben Lovejoy's website www.nurburgring.org he has sections on renting and insurance.

Benman
July 27th, 2006, 18:31
Originally posted by jinglis

I've just pulled up the 'Terms and Conditions' for Germany and I don't see an exclusion for the 'Ring and I don't interpret the wording to implicitly exclude the 'Ring but who knows.

Correct. Rental agencies have a clause for "racing", not toll roads. The Nurburgring is a
toll road.:thumb:

amanjiwo
March 8th, 2007, 06:23
Will rent an RS4 from Avis Germany today and have a close look at the T&C's given to me. Will report back.

Benman
March 9th, 2007, 00:45
Excellent! Keep us posted.:0:

got boost
March 9th, 2007, 13:55
I did the same thing last May (06). Rented a 997 S from Avis, out of the Frankfurt airport. In addition to four laps at the 'ring, drove all over the country. I never went over 265km/hr, only burned 1 litre of oil (@2000kms in 3 days). That was one hell of a break-in period. And no, there was nothing written or said about not taking it to the ring, enjoy! :dig:

Thanks for the info, RS4 would be great!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/ri55/n13.jpg

MartijnL
March 15th, 2007, 11:57
Hi, just registered to let you know that it is forbidden to ride the RS4 on the Ring.

Two guys from another forum i visit just rented an RS4 with Avis and he was called beforehand that using the car on the Ring was not allowed and they were reminded again when picking up the car.

According to the rental agency they went to Avis had to recover four badly damaged RS4's from the Ring last year. Something which they (understandibly if you ask me) don't want to see happen again.