PDA

View Full Version : Audi Nuvolari and Audi Pikes Peak Edition (A7)

darkseid
March 29th, 2003, 02:09
I just read that Audi Nuvolari and Audi A7 will be put into production!!

If you want to read more about it, then click this link (http://www.auto.t-online.de/AU/DE/de/homepage.jhtml?navi_param=news_uebersicht&news_newsart=auto_technik&area_navigation=auto_technik&report=bericht_01&repId=%2FAU%2FDE%2Fde%2Fcontentrepositories%2FDE_d e_News_carReportRepositoryXML%2FXML%2FNews7870.xml ).

It is in German, but if you want to read it in English you could always go to babelfish (HTTP://babel.altavist.com). It is will be translated preety bad, but I think you will be able to read it.

My first message on this forum btw. :D

:s3addict: :s4addict: :rs4addict :addict:

Benman
March 29th, 2003, 02:36
welcome:D

it would be GREAT to see audi bring these vehicles into production
audi definately will benifit by bringing exciting vehicles to the
market. just hope they follow through with the RSR:cheers:

ben:addict:

Snow
March 29th, 2003, 13:38
I'll translate and review the intresting part for you non-german speaking fellows...

The Pikes Peak, wich by the way will be named A7, comes with a V8-BiTurbo motor as option, which produces 500 hp. (368kW, 650 Nm at 2.000 rpm) 0 to 62 mph (100km/h) in about 5 seconds. (damn that's fast! :bigeyes: ) It's ment to chase those Porsche Cayennes all along Germany.
The base price will be about 45'000 Euros and that's with the basic six-cylinder engine...
Oops, forgot. Production will start in 2006.

Quick review, enjoy! :bye:

Benman
March 31st, 2003, 17:00
thanks for the info snow. can't let my wife see that or she'll
want the SUV instead of the RS6:D

:addict:

darkseid
March 31st, 2003, 18:40
Hehe, the SUV won't be available until 2007, so you will have plenty of time to enjoy a RS6. :D

Benman
March 31st, 2003, 20:39
Originally posted by darkseid
Hehe, the SUV won't be available until 2007, so you will have plenty of time to enjoy a RS6. :D

you better believe my wife will have a VERY hard time convincing
me to trade the RS6 in for an SUV:hihi:

Erik
April 4th, 2003, 10:26
From sportbilen.se

http://www.sportbilen.se/bilder/bilddb/bilsalong2003/audispikespea6k.jpg

http://www.sportbilen.se/bilder/bilddb/bilsalong2003/audispikespeak.jpg

darkseid
April 4th, 2003, 16:47
The pictures do not work here. :bang:

GoFastKindaGuy
April 11th, 2003, 04:27
How big is the A7 Pikes Peak -- Compared to Allroad or Porsche SUV? The pictures make it look like an S4 Avant replacement. Comments on RS6.com make it sound more like BIG audi. Sure is great looking, but I fear it will be huge.

Erik
April 11th, 2003, 09:21
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
How big is the A7 Pikes Peak -- Compared to Allroad or Porsche SUV? The pictures make it look like an S4 Avant replacement. Comments on RS6.com make it sound more like BIG audi. Sure is great looking, but I fear it will be huge.

I had a look at it last Friday and will see it again today at the Stockholm Car Exhibition.

I'd say it's about the size of the Cayenne.

Snow
April 11th, 2003, 16:34
Erik is right. I saw it yesterday and it's a lot bigger than the A4 Avant, that's for sure. It's actually quite a lot like the Cayenne in size, but I was quite suprised by the Caynne's size too! A nice detail were those brake light diods, they're really cool. They are also used on the A8 if my eyes were fooling me.
I took a couple of pictures and I'll try to scan a couple as soon as I get them.
And of course the 21" :eek: alloys didn't make the car look less atractive.. God, I hate the thought that the A7 will be so expensive... :deal:

GoFastKindaGuy
April 11th, 2003, 19:00
Must be the big wheels that make the pictures look as if the car is small: 20 inchs is to 17 inchs as SUV is to S4.

Oh well, at least that size takes it out of the consideration and simplifies my overstuffed garage.