PDA

View Full Version : Warm weather package

jfrocke
March 29th, 2003, 00:24
Does anyone know how the "fans" work in the warm weather package? Where are they located? How do they vent air to the outside (if they do at all)?

Benman
March 29th, 2003, 00:44
when i asked my salesman the same question , he said that
when the car is off it uses the solar panels to power the vent
system on the car. in other words it's just like having the vent
on. not ac, but it does keep fresh air circulating through the car.
the air will be outside temp. but you won't have heat build up
when you get in:cheers:

ben:addict:

jconley
March 29th, 2003, 01:33
It vents the hot air throgh the sun roof. I have heard it works quite well.

BBGT2
March 29th, 2003, 02:17
I have the solar sunroof on my 98 A8, (warm weather pkg) It works like a charm. Heat and sun sensor decide when the blower motor inside the car start up and gets juice from the solar panel instead of the cars battery, it is vented thru the rear vents at the bottom of the rear windshield where all exiting air goes from the car. I didnt get it on my RS6 because I wanted the clear glass sunroof which with the solar panels you cant have.

Bajo:addict:

Finnus
March 29th, 2003, 02:32
I didnt get it on my RS6 because I wanted the clear glass sunroof which with the solar panels you cant have.
[QUOTE]

I didn't order it for the same reason. Plus, the side shades looked kind of second rate. Has anyone seen them in person?

:addict:

jfrocke
March 29th, 2003, 02:35
I saw the shades in an S8 today, and if they are similar then they are quite nicely integrated. They were down at the time. They are hardly noticeable!

Finnus
March 29th, 2003, 11:42
I wanted the see-through sun roof. I asked my dealer if I could order just the side shades. The answer was no.

BBGT2
March 29th, 2003, 14:00
Finnus,

Same answer I got as well.
I asked if I could get rear and side sunshade without solar sunroof and for some reason they cant just put that in.
Auto makers are really funny I guess its something to do with production line assemblies and required beer breaks for employees in Germany :D .
I did enjoy seeing the Mugello blue from jconley that is my color that I ordered and it REALLY REALLY looks great.

Good luck,

Bajo:addict:

Finnus
March 29th, 2003, 16:09
[QUOTE]I guess its something to do with production line assemblies and required beer breaks for employees in Germany

LOL

Bajo,

LOL. I think they get beer breaks every 15 minutes. During one of them, the cleaning woman must have moved the battery to the trunk. Oh well.

I ordered blue also, silver interior. My salesman who was out in Phoenix said it looked great - the next most "in your face" color after red.

Finnus

jimmy94507
March 29th, 2003, 16:24
Several months ago I visited the UK web site. They had the Warm Wether package and a separate option for the Rear electrical shade and manual side shades for the Saloon without the Solar roof panel. If Audi can deliver the car in the UK without the Solar roof panel then they should be able to deliver it in the US! I feel this is aa Audi USA marketing decision to limit the number of options they are making available in the US. Doesn't give you a very warm feeling about how Audi wants to accommodate what their market is telling them! Scream at your dealer to contact Audi USA. Perhaps it will make a difference if sufficient people complain????
Regards, Jim

BBGT2
March 29th, 2003, 17:28
Jimmy, I hear you. I have been screaming at my dealer for awhile now (he is a good friend) but their hands are tied all they are is an outlet for Audi NA. The only reason I ordered mine for a september build date is that I am hoping that Audi will after some pressure include some other stuff that Europe gets , like : Quattro sport suspension which lowers the car a lil bit more, Quattro sport brake pads, Rear and side shades without the solar sunroof and maybe the Nav. II from the new A8.
Maybe its just wishfull thinking on my part but you never know with Audi they just might. If they dont I just waited for my late build date for nothing but knowing I tried.
He (my dealer) has talked to Audi's rep but I tell you something those guys probably know less than us here on the board, I swear. I will say it again , bad bad job on the US seats and that roaster oven cover that is the battery but what are you gonna do.

Maybe the RS8 (hopefully) will be more USA friendly.

Bajo :addict:

Benman
March 31st, 2003, 15:54
Bajo,

your right when you say it seems there is more info here on the
forum than at the dealer. i'm going to take a WILD guess and
say it has to do with the fact that we're ADDICTED to the RS6
and the dealers are just trying to sell them:deal:

ah well, at least the salesmen i've talked to are really nice:hihi:
:cheers:

ben:addict: