PDA

View Full Version : pdf - How the Audi management team sees the future

Erik
July 20th, 2006, 20:46
This is worth a closer look.

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/company/financial_information/pdf.Par.0122.File.pdf

Audi brand group product matrix, page 19/20. :hahahehe:

Audi strategy for the USA p. 20/20

JavierNuvolari
July 20th, 2006, 21:18
Interesting stuff Erik:idea: specially page 19, they actually give us an idea of what to spect for the next yeas...notice that at "Upper/Sports Coupe" Audi (R8)has a space right down Lambo(Gallardo?).

Muchas gracias( thanks a lot),

Javier

Benman
July 20th, 2006, 21:19
Well, despite popular belief, Audi takes Lexus very seriously. Check Pg 6. After the normal BMW and Mercedes, who's mentioned very next? LEXUS.

Ben:addict:

SoCal
July 20th, 2006, 21:50
Thanks. Very interesting slides.

Audi seems to be doing a very good job of thriving amidst competing trends: production efficiency with increasingly segmented demand niches; and building style and prestige for what is basically a mass market product.

It is a little disappointing that the corporate view ranks motorsports significantly higher than dealers in generating brand loyalty and reputation. Motorsports do add to cachet and R&D. But with a weak dealer network no brand can truly thrive, at least not in the North American market. That is one of the two reasons why Lexus does so well here: reliability and good dealer service.

Leadfoot
July 20th, 2006, 22:09
Originally posted by Benman
Well, despite popular belief, Audi takes Lexus very seriously. Check Pg 6. After the normal BMW and Mercedes, who's mentioned very next? LEXUS.

Ben:addict:

It would be very silly to dismiss the soon to be the biggest car manufacturer in the world. Remember this point, more people want reliability and good dealer service than want something that is a spirited drive, take note Mr BMW. If this was not the case we would all be driving sportscar or at least the sportiest model in the range.

Lexus has crack the US, but as yet Europe hasn't warmed to their qualities quite the same. Just don't think that Audi and the rest think it won't happen, yes they are taking them seriously and rightly so.

Lexus are here to stay and they will just keep getting better.

tailpipe
July 21st, 2006, 20:53
I have just printed off the article and am looking forward to reading it. Thanks, Erik.

I think most of Audi's competitors will right now be adjusting their product plans somewhat radically, given the the current level of oil prices. I bet Audi is kicking itself for not replacing the A2 sooner. I would love to replace ours with an ultra cool, ultra frugal, ultra light, super-high-tech futuristic monospace that has a better handicap than the Golf, sees off the Scenic and that aces the A-Class.

Anyway, we need a super frugal high powere diesel RS4, RS6 so that we can all feel less guilty about having 400 bhp under our bonnets!!!!!!!!

The point about Lexus is well made, having spoken to lexus people first-hand about Audi. Audi is Lexus' primary target: greater technology, greater integrity in design philosphy (no FWD), more sporting character, much higher relative value. of course, lexus isn't going for volume, it's going for quality. Audi, meanwhile wants 1.4 million in annual car sales. I just hope it doesn't sacrifice quality for the sake of production quantities.

Lateknight
July 21st, 2006, 22:51
Something appears to be missing in the Audi brand group matrix shown on pages 16 & 19.

Where is SEAT ?

I though they where supposed to be under Audis wing.

Audi group - Lambo, Audi & Seat

VW group - Skoda, Volkswagen, Bentley.

Does this confirm the rumour that Seat are to be sold?