July 16th, 2006, 00:02
Hans you're really great.

Thanks for that pic.

Is that the rumored ktm-audi car?

greetings

eazy

Leadfoot
July 16th, 2006, 00:40
Now that's a car to really take the fight to the Porsche Boxster, please Audi MAKE THIS CAR

chewym
July 16th, 2006, 04:00
I think this is the Audi/KTM car, but if it isn't, it would be redundant with the TT.

Iceman
July 16th, 2006, 07:57
Originally posted by eazy
Is that the rumored ktm-audi car?

Yes it is, here is more info: http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1484

Hans.

clam
July 16th, 2006, 08:46
That looks awesome ... too bad it looks familiar too.
I doubt KTM/Audi are going to build to photoshop of an Opel.

The original reports said it was going to be like a Super 7.

chewym
July 17th, 2006, 06:48
What kind of engines would it have? I think the 1.4 TSI seems reasonable with the fuel economy that they are procaliming.

Iceman
July 17th, 2006, 08:29
Originally posted by chewym
What kind of engines would it have? I think the 1.4 TSI seems reasonable with the fuel economy that they are procaliming.
Every 4cylinder is a option, like:

1.4 litre TSI (Twincharger) 170 hp.
1.8 litre TFSI 180 hp.
2.0 liter TSFI 200 hp.
2.0 litre K04 TFSI 260 hp.

Hans.

Qriouz
July 17th, 2006, 11:36
Looks extremely good!!! I want one :D

Benman
July 17th, 2006, 16:07
The car looks really good. What I don't like is that there is also a rumor that this is the platform that an entry level $60K Bugatti (yes, $60K Bugatti) will use. Automobile just ran the article.

Don't get me wrong, the Bugatti sketch looked great, but the world does not need a $60K Bugatti. It will only cheapen the brand to no end.

For Audi and VW to make this car, awesome, I'd want one. But please don't make a Bugatti I can afford.

Ben:addict:

Toto89
July 17th, 2006, 20:59
Audi R3?:vhmmm:
I can imagine it as a small R8, maybe a TT with RS look and the 420 hp RS4 engine:mech: In this case we don't need a TTS or something like that:revs:

Payne
July 17th, 2006, 21:28
Originally posted by Benman
The car looks really good. What I don't like is that there is also a rumor that this is the platform that an entry level $60K Bugatti (yes, $60K Bugatti) will use. Automobile just ran the article.

Don't get me wrong, the Bugatti sketch looked great, but the world does not need a $60K Bugatti. It will only cheapen the brand to no end.

For Audi and VW to make this car, awesome, I'd want one. But please don't make a Bugatti I can afford.

Ben,
I have to agree. I guess the reason of $60k Bugatti is obvious - they need a mass produced model to earn money rather than spending loads and loads of $$$ on another megalomaniacal project like the Veyron was.

Andrew

Benman
July 17th, 2006, 21:32
Originally posted by Payne
Ben,
I have to agree. I guess the reason of $60k Bugatti is obvious - they need a mass produced model to earn money rather than spending loads and loads of $$$ on another megalomaniacal project like the Veyron was.

Andrew

I understand their reasoning, but then why not rebadge the Flying Spur/A8 intoa 4 door Bugatti. Give it the W16, stretch the wheelbase and sell it for $450K, a bargain price for a Bugatti, and would still keep the prestige.

If they make a $60K car, everyone (myself included) will want one, and there goes the brand. I mean, think of the dealership experience. I'd much rather service my car at a "Bugatti" dealer than a "lowly" Audi one...

**edit** only pic on the net I could find (magazine has full pic): http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/04/26/baby-bugatti-to-cost-just-five-figures/ very good looking. Please Bugatti, don't do it!

Leadfoot
July 17th, 2006, 23:59
Does anyone really believe that VAG will build this £60K Bugatti, I don't. Why would they lose all that money producing the Veyon, which is arguably the greatest car we will ever see, which has positioned the brand as leaders in automotive technology from the ashes of the last owner's. Yes Bugatti will have to make money with it's next model but a £750K drop in price is a bit on the big side.

I agree with Ben, produce a rivals to the Flying Spur, but use the ASF technology to produce an original chassis and use the technology from the Bentley and the Veyon, but sale it for Rolls Royce money or a little more. The W16 engine would be a great start only without the turbos, the heat would need to be kept in check, but keep the DSG and the AWD systems.

They need to look to the past to produces a car of the future, something in the mould of the Royale. A car that only the very rich and Royalty will be seen in and want to be seen in. This is Bugatti future, not a rival for an Audi, BMW, Merc etc. When would it end, a supermini.

chewym
July 18th, 2006, 02:29
The last thing I heard is that the "baby" Bugatti idea has been scrapped in favor of a Bugatti sedan with the Veyron's engine. I also think that a cheap Bugatti is not a good thing. There have also been rumors of a GT Veyron with 1,232 hp.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/espnnbaboards/41a3c095.jpg

clam
July 18th, 2006, 10:02
Ben,

Andrew

Mass production has smaller profit margins, and it would kill the bra

clam
Ben,

Andrew

Mass production has smaller profit margins, and it would kill the bra

clam
Ben,

Andrew

Mass production has smaller profit margins, and it would kill the bugatti name. They need to ride the Veyron wave with cars of the same decadance.

Benman
July 18th, 2006, 15:49
Originally posted by clam
Mass production has smaller profit margins, and it would kill the bugatti name. They need to ride the Veyron wave with cars of the same decadance.

Agreed.

Like Leadfoot said as well, use the ASF then give it everything to distance itself from the A8/ Flying Spur. NA W16, a good direction.

One argument for the Baby Bug (at least what the executives are using...) is that the Bugattis of old were mostly lightweight race cars with only the few being Royales and other big powerful Beasts.

I pray they stick with the big time cars as we all seem to agree it will just kill the prestige factor.

Leadfoot
July 18th, 2006, 17:03
One argument for the Baby Bug (at least what the executives are using...) is that the Bugattis of old were mostly lightweight race cars with only the few being Royales and other big powerful Beasts.

I know Ben, most were lightweight race cars, but they were very expensive and toys of the rich and famous. A car based of the one above would be neither.

The problem is that there is too many expensive cars being made than customers for them, to sell the car must to either better than it's rivals or more exclusive, something the Veyron has by the bucket load on both fronts.

:harass: Ferrari, what Ferrari, that for my servant.

Does anyone know if Topgear are going to test the Veyron around their track?

Benman
July 18th, 2006, 17:37
Originally posted by Leadfoot

:harass: Ferrari, what Ferrari, that for my servant.

:applause:

Yeah, no kidding. The lightweight cars were hardly cheap. Well, lets just hope Bugatti doesn't do it. I'd like to think the Bugatti brand won't be in every dang rap video...

Leadfoot
July 18th, 2006, 20:09
:applause:

Yeah, no kidding. The lightweight cars were hardly cheap. Well, lets just hope Bugatti doesn't do it. I'd like to think the Bugatti brand won't be in every dang rap video...

No, just the crappy ones that make it big.:w:

Lateknight
July 20th, 2006, 02:48
Originally posted by Leadfoot

Does anyone know if Topgear are going to test the Veyron around their track?

I think the last word on the subject, in a programme just before the world cup, was that they were waiting for Bugatti to supply them one to use.
I personally don't think it will happen. For the following reasons.

a/ The Beeb/Topgear would have boasted by now the fact that they have, or will test the Bug' in a forthcoming programme.

b/ Bugatti are frightened that it will not turn out to be the fastest car on the circuit (massive horsepowers not a guarantee on that circuit) against the Koenigsegg or Zonda.

c/ They've already had a go and The Stig and the car went up in flames and theres a big cover up about it!

chewym
July 20th, 2006, 06:28
Originally posted by Lateknight
I think the last word on the subject, in a programme just before the world cup, was that they were waiting for Bugatti to supply them one to use.

a/ The Beeb/Topgear would have boasted by now the fact that they have, or will test the Bug' in a forthcoming programme.

b/ Bugatti are frightened that it will not turn out to be the fastest car on the circuit (massive horsepowers not a guarantee on that circuit) against the Koenigsegg or Zonda.

c/ They've already had a go and The Stig and the car went up in flames and theres a big cover up about it!

I hope none of those are true. I really want to see them test it. I think that it would do the best out of all cars that pass their elegibility test.

chewym
July 20th, 2006, 06:33

I hope none of those are true. I really want to see them test it. I think that it would do the best out of all cars that pass their elegibility test.

JavierNuvolari
July 20th, 2006, 14:22

Hi, where did you hear/read/see that ?

Javier

Leadfoot
July 20th, 2006, 16:03
Originally posted by JavierNuvolari
Hi, where did you hear/read/see that ?

Javier

The last one was a joke. The truth was that the stig hit a bump on the main straight and was going so fast that he went into orbit.

Check the sky tonight, just to the left of Venus.

El_cucaracha
December 16th, 2006, 01:36
I watched top gear episode where clarckson races Mays plane with vayron from italy to england(episode 5 season 2005)

Niklas
December 20th, 2006, 04:41
cant se pic !!! :(:(:(

roozbeh007
December 21st, 2006, 02:01
no pic here

RXBG
December 21st, 2006, 02:49
The last one was a joke. The truth was that the stig hit a bump on the main straight and was going so fast that he went into orbit.

Check the sky tonight, just to the left of Venus.

:hihi: i laughed so loud my wife asked me what was up.

Leadfoot
December 21st, 2006, 08:49
:hihi: i laughed so loud my wife asked me what was up.

Well you see, we on this wee island are not only known as great lovers but also for our sense of humour.:jlol:

Talking about great lovers, here's a wee joke.

Paddy the Irish man, Paddy the Scotch man and Paddy the English man where all talking in the Pub. And they were all talking about how great a lover they all were.

Paddy the English man said he was the greatest lover because after he and the wife made love he filled her belly button up with English sherry and licked it out. She jump a foot above the bed.

Paddy the Scotch man said that's nothing, after he and the wife made love he filled her belly button up with Scotch Whiskey and licked it out. She jump a yard above the bed.

Paddy the Irish man just laughed and said he's the greatest lover of all because after he and the wife made love he gets up and cleans his d#ck on the curtains. She hit the roof.:hihi:

RXBG
December 21st, 2006, 13:44
.................:dance:

Duma
December 21st, 2006, 17:17
wow...amazing.... :bow: respect !!! :dig:

Iceman
December 21st, 2006, 18:48
It look like the picture is not any more on that location. :confused:

Hans.