PDA

View Full Version : What's gone wrong with the A8 after 2 years and 80.000km

Skaala
July 12th, 2006, 16:14
This is a list of what's gone wrong so far.....

* inner front fenders had to be changed $$$$
* Front disc brakes - free
* ESP sensors (4x) $$$
* Boot lid hinges - not fixed yet
* Electronic handbrake (mechanical problem) $$$$$$
* Wiper bushings $$
* right armrest - not fixed yet
* cupholder lid - not fixed yet
* airsuspention valves - fixed once $$$ (need to be bled again)
* New summer tires - Goodyear Eagle F1 255 $$$$$$$
* ABS sensors (4x) $$$
* 2x xenon lightbulbs - free
* apx. 100 system erros during services - free
* rear right caliper - $$
* hydraulic oil warning system (ran it dry without warning) - not fixed yet
* 3x changes of oil to get a suitable long life oil
* complete rinse of the oil system $$
* punctured rear reverse lights (fogging up) - not fixed yet

btw, I'm buying VAG-COM so that I can fix the system errors my self

that's all for now..... I hope my next A8 will have some of the early errors sorted out...cause I will never leave Audi :p

gjg
July 12th, 2006, 21:04
they should give you new car free of charge ...

Bergen where - Germany, Austria, Norway, Belgium .... ?

Skaala
July 12th, 2006, 21:13
Bergen Norway... the car is at 115.000km but i bought it at 35.000km in Köln =)

JavierNuvolari
July 13th, 2006, 13:54
:rolleyes: ...That's just too much...I mean, I drive an Infinity G20 with 66K kmts and we have never changed anything other the than regular...rotor, brake pads, filters..etc...I second gjg they SHOULD give you a new car.

Best of luck with it,

Javier

Skaala
July 13th, 2006, 16:43
to answer some of your questions... It is damn hard to get anything under warranty when you have privately importet a car yourself from Germany, the dealers here are really chep on that. They can't be bothered with the aper work it seems...BUT!!!:.. today, I caught the machanics joyriding after the oil change was complete. I had zeroed out the km's to see how far it was from my home to the shop. It was at 46km when I left it, and at 68km when I got it back. So I wen't in again demanding to see the mechanic supervisor, but he had left bastards!!!:w: :w: :w: the radio was set to an awful techno station and the seatback was so far back I could almost see out the back window...damn bastards! you don't need a 22km long testdrive after changing oil and the wiperbushings. It was also supposed to take 2hrs, but it took almost 4. I told the woman in the reception I am going to refuse to pay the 4hrs in labour when they are out cruising in my car without me knowing. I also told her I am going to change dealer as soon as the dealer in Arendal get's an A8 lisence.

but all asides... when everything works it's the best car in the world for me. despite the problems and the f**king illoyal dealer, I love it, and wouldn't change it for the world.... only if I hit the lottery and a new S8 will be exchanged for it. ( base prise for new S8 is $273.000 in norway)

bastard mechanic

thomas:revs: