PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 engines???

tvrfan
July 11th, 2006, 22:18
Hello everyone,

Iam a huge Audi fan, but i have one thing that make me sad about audi. Audi is shareholder of lamborghini, and on there next supercar the R8 they cant place big HP engines like 500 or 600 HP , i wanna see a car from audi with this horsepowers like a high-performance supersportscar. But audi cant do this, cause they firering on lambo, the sales would go back on lambo-side. cause the R8 would have more HP than the gallardo, maybe better performance, and would be cheaper. A audi performance cant be better than a lambo perfomance, THAT SUCKS!!! What do you think, would audi probably place in future bigger engines like V8TT or V10īs with over 500 or 600hp in there sports-cars??? maybe yes, when the baby lambos (gallardo) go over this horsepower-range.

sorry for my bad english :)

Benman
July 11th, 2006, 22:57
Welcome to the forum.:thumb:

Don't sweat the English, just keep praticing.;)

So, a TVR fan, nice. As for the R8 and Lambo, that's politics for ya. We'll see what the future brings.

Ben:addict:

nene
July 12th, 2006, 00:12
Welcome TVRfan!

You have to understand that power is only part of the equation. Porsche has been making wonderful and fast cars for a long time, with only a V6 in the 300+ HP numbers.
Understanding that this car is lightweight, it will do fine with mid 400 HP.

The enjoy of driving can be achieved from more then a mere fast 1/4 mile time!

Don't sweat it.

Leadfoot
July 12th, 2006, 23:36
Originally posted by nene
Welcome TVRfan!

You have to understand that power is only part of the equation. Porsche has been making wonderful and fast cars for a long time, with only a V6 in the 300+ HP numbers.
Understanding that this car is lightweight, it will do fine with mid 400 HP.

The enjoy of driving can be achieved from more then a mere fast 1/4 mile time!

Don't sweat it.

nene,

Believe me when I say, no one knows more about the concept of light weight and ample power than someone who is in to TVRs. The average weight of a TVR is about 1100kgs, a lot less than what the R8 will be and they have roughly about 350-400hp so they not at the top end of the horsepower tree.

I understand both sides to this argument, you see and rightly so that power is not as important as balance and fine handling. But he does have a point in that Audi should give the R8 all of the beans eg. 500hp even if at takes sales from the Lambo. The two cars will be of a different enough character and driving style to compete together with the same amount of power, Audi's style of driving with safety and efficiency, while the Lambo being all out driving pleasure.

I think Audi have a bigger problem other than power, both use the same switch gear etc. which is unchanged in either car, bad move if you ask me. This is something which defines how we feel about a car, drive any Audi be it A3/A4/A6 etc. and though they all drive different, each is an Audi through and through, they all feel the same.

borispmchan
July 13th, 2006, 11:54
R8 will probably fit in an V12, 6 litre engine, and will generate about 450 HP...similar to Aston Martin DB9.

chewym
July 14th, 2006, 07:00
Originally posted by borispmchan
R8 will probably fit in an V12, 6 litre engine, and will generate about 450 HP...similar to Aston Martin DB9.

Well, there is no need for a V12. First because Audi doesn't have a V12, only a W12 and second because Audi's V10 alreadly makes 450 hp with more hp possible.

eazy
July 15th, 2006, 18:11
The R10 has an V12 ;)

Toto89
July 16th, 2006, 22:43
Originally posted by borispmchan
I don't think so...Audi have a very different character compared to Aston Martin.

borispmchan
July 17th, 2006, 05:21
Audi's character is a bit different, at least, without that kind of pride, highness, and luxuries that Aston Martin offers...