PDA

View Full Version : Whats going to seel better RS4 or Next M3?

ghostsnake
July 11th, 2006, 18:35
I was just curious to people how many of you think that the new M3 will even come up to the RS4's expectations. I heard new M3 has old engine from M5, but some people say the RS4 comes closer to the new M5. What do you think will be a better seller over all?

Erik
July 11th, 2006, 19:18
The next M3 will rather have a M5 E60 V10 engine, less 2 cylinders.

I am sure the next M3 will outsell the RS4 by a whole lot.

Why? Becasue the M3 has been in the business for a very long time, and this is BMW territory that Audi and others are trying to break into.

Remember the USA won't get the RS4 Avant and Convertible, which I am sure will be available with the M3 (at least the latter.)

:rs4addict

ghostsnake
July 11th, 2006, 20:04
Thats ok they dont know what they are going to be missing BMW's arn't as nice the inside is full of cheap plastic and although the power is very good it doesnt matter cause the RS4 will always have the looks and power.

Benman
July 11th, 2006, 21:54
Originally posted by Erik

Not to mention the RS cars are "low volume" compared to the M cars.

Ben:addict:

nene
July 11th, 2006, 23:35
The M3 releases are usually for sale much longer than an RS model Audi. As Ben stated, for that reason alone the M3 will sell more.

dxben
July 12th, 2006, 03:18
Who cares, I would never consider the M3 because I'm in the market for performance driving with four doors and AWD, + high end luxury.

There is simply no competition for the RS4 if that is your requirement.

tazsura
July 12th, 2006, 10:09

I hope so! I like the exclusivity and knowledge that every Tom, Dick and Harry aren't drving around in the same car as me! Does wonders come re-sale time too!

Taran
:rs4addict :rs4kiss: :rs4addict :rs4kiss:

Leadfoot
July 12th, 2006, 10:37
It depends on which way you look at it. Yes the M3 will out sell the RS4 by approx. 8 to 1, so from a new sales point of view the M3 will sell better. But it will be a different matter second-hand, the fact that there will be so many M3 to choice from the have an effect on it's re-sale value, something the RS4 will not suffer.

In the U.K. if you went on to Autotrader's web site and pulled up how many M3 and S4/RS4 there were on sale, there would be about 6 pages of Audis and 30+ of M3, the list is endless. This is why a £43K M3 is worth the same second-hand as a £36K S4, same year, same mileage.

And this is regardless of what the magazines said. Check it out for yourselves.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

clam
July 12th, 2006, 13:50
I think Audi will continue to be the underdog for a long time to come. The BMW badge has a strong effect on some people.

I think the RS models compare better to the CSL. Performance comparison aside, they are both limited edition enthusiast models. They don't age. B/c you don't buy them for practical reasons.
Most E30 M3s I see for sale are more expensive than the E36 M3s, b/c the original M3 was a true enthusiast model. An E36 M3, though a great car, will not make any enthusiast look twice at a car meeting.

So as it is nothing special, the regular M3 looses value quikly b/c the kind of people than can afford these toys are not likely to buy second hand. Especially if the price difference is small. So the price has to go down enough to attract a different kind of buyer. It's the fate of most luxury cars.

The Audi sport models hold their value a little better, but it's still not what you'd call an investment. And if they get more successful, and alienate the enthusiasts, you'll see the same kind of depreciation as the bimmers.

rado2rs4
July 12th, 2006, 19:45
i also hope the M3 out sells the rs4...one rs4 will turn heads but the M3 is as common as a bus stop...:rs4kiss:

dxben
July 12th, 2006, 21:38
so true, same with the M5 i hope as well. i've seen maybe 6 of them in the past 3 weeks. i've seen only one RS4.. . mine :)

charles
July 22nd, 2006, 07:03
hi, i was intertested in your question about tinting the windows of the rs4 you've ordered. I have just recieved mine last week(i love it by the way) and i've been thinking about tinting my windows as well. My dealers garage offers the service but didn't reccomend it for my rs4 which is why i am still thinking it over. that is also why i just joined the forum, to see what others think i should do. Many people have told me that if i were to get them tinted, i should go to someone who specializes in audi. Do you by any chance know anybody that could do it ????