PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Coupster.

Iceman
July 9th, 2006, 11:19
Porsche plans a hot hatch based on Audi A3/Golf V technic.
3.6 VR6 FSI engine 4wd 300+ hp.

http://www.linealedesign.de/pics/porsche_coupster.jpg

Hans.

jonas_dg
July 9th, 2006, 13:15
:vhmmm: what's next? an SUV? ... oh wait :doh:

clam
July 9th, 2006, 14:00
Probably not. Unless you have economy of scale working for you, there's not much profit in cheap products. And in Porsche's case, economy of scale could kill the brand.

Bingocaller
July 9th, 2006, 19:35
The should keep doing what they are best at. instead of trying to gap over the whole market for automobiles IMO

Payne
July 10th, 2006, 03:20
Originally posted by Bingocaller
The should keep doing what they are best at. instead of trying to gap over the whole market for automobiles IMO

I think they're just want to get enough money so they can 'keep doing what they are best at'. Look at the..well Boxster and specially Cayenne are mass produced so they can stay alive and keep us car enthusiasts supported with excellent cars like the new 997 series or aC GT or upcoming C GT1 are. I doubt they could built those without cars like Cayenne or Boxster which still are excellent vehicles IMHO.

Leadfoot
July 10th, 2006, 12:12
Originally posted by Iceman
Porsche plans a hot hatch based on Audi A3/Golf V technic.
3.6 VR6 FSI engine 4wd 300+ hp.

Hans.

This is why Porsche brought 20% of VW, to produce cars like this. Who in there right mind would want a R36/S3 if this thing was on sell.:vhmmm: Not me.

If it comes about, it will be interesting what Porsche will do to the 4wd system.

Leadfoot
July 10th, 2006, 16:24
Originally posted by clam
Probably not. Unless you have economy of scale working for you, there's not much profit in cheap products. And in Porsche's case, economy of scale could kill the brand.

Clam,

Porsche would have to sell seven Cayenne to make as much profit as they would from one 997 Turbo. This would be the same for Hatchback model, the point is that VW will have already built this car being the Golf, all Porsche has to do is re-body it, tweak the awd and suspension and re-do the interior and Bob's your uncle, Porsche have a car which can sell for 30% more than a Golf. If the R36 costs £26K, that would make it around the £34K mark, not bad profit there then.

Benman
July 10th, 2006, 16:41
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Clam,

Porsche would have to sell seven Cayenne to make as much profit as they would from one 997 Turbo.

Which they do.;)

Ben:addict:

Payne
July 10th, 2006, 16:44
Originally posted by Benman
Which they do.;)

Ben:addict:

I'd even guess that they sell way much more than that;)

Andrew

BBGT2
July 11th, 2006, 02:23
[i]
This is why Porsche brought 20% of VW,

Huh, isnt it the other way around maybe, I cant see Porsche ever buying 20% of VAG which is Europe's biggest auto maker.
I think they have a deal of some sorts for Porsche to use some of VAG's platforms but I really cant believe that they have enough dough to buy that big of a stock in VAG.

The profit from the 997 turbo isnt that great and they really didnt make that much more on the CGT. The costs are astronomical, that is why Porsche decided to keep the tried and true 3.6L motor for the turbo.

Bajo

Erik
July 11th, 2006, 07:39
Originally posted by BBGT2
Huh, isnt it the other way around maybe, I cant see Porsche ever buying 20% of VAG which is Europe's biggest auto maker.

It's all family related in the end, to stop someone from outside.

Actually they are going from 21,2% to 25,1%, all approved by the EU. And that's Porsche into VW, not the other way around.

mr
July 11th, 2006, 14:03
It's all family related in the end, to stop someone from outside.

Actually they are going from 21,2% to 25,1%, all approved by the EU. And that's Porsche into VW, not the other way around..

Erik is right.

the families of porsche and piech have a long history in which both play a big role and both are very enmeshed into it.

But not just that - in Austria - for example - the "porsche ag Austria" is the exclusive importer for VAG cars.

and now they're also holding a big part of the (as erik mentioned) VAG shares.

rgds
mr

Leadfoot
July 11th, 2006, 14:34
Originally posted by BBGT2
I think they have a deal of some sorts for Porsche to use some of VAG's platforms but I really cant believe that they have enough dough to buy that big of a stock in VAG.

The profit from the 997 turbo isnt that great and they really didnt make that much more on the CGT. The costs are astronomical, that is why Porsche decided to keep the tried and true 3.6L motor for the turbo.

Bajo

BBGT2,

I kidd you not, Porsche does make that much profit from each 997 Turbo, as much as I said before and as much as a four normal 997s.

Matteus
July 13th, 2006, 18:45
Originally posted by Iceman

Hans.

Cool Alfa 147...

errrr....

Lateknight
July 22nd, 2006, 19:46
Oh! I do hope not.

What with the Cayenne (how they pulled that off I'll never know).
The forthcoming 'Panamera' project - 4 door saloon/ coupe (think Merc CLS)
The last thing they really want surely, is a Hot Hatch in the range.
A porsche for under 30k (£)?
Porsche is supposed to be a brand of cars to aspire to. Not one you would consider purchasing as a runabout.

AriciU
July 23rd, 2006, 02:28
I think i'll wait for the diesel MPV :hihi: