PDA

View Full Version : Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC

goga12
July 6th, 2006, 13:45
America defended Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The result? $70 oil.
The U.S. law prohibits price-fixing. OPEC manipulated the oil price, driving it to 50 times above the cost oil extraction cost. Oil is more profitable than heroin.
The OPEC members use oil proceeds to fund religious fundamentalists who incite against America.
We prosecute foreign drug cartels which violate the U.S. law without entering the country. We can similarly do away with the OPEC
Stop the oil racket! Sign the petition to outlaw OPEC at www.petitiononline.com/opec (http://www.petitiononline.com/opec)

Another public initiative by www.SamsonBlinded.info (http://www.samsonblinded.info). Google banned the site’s advertising and Amazon deleted all reviews

bilbozilla
July 7th, 2006, 16:04
Google banned the site’s advertising and Amazon deleted all reviews [/B]

Maybe there's a valid reason. You may want to do a little more research. If we do away with OPEC, we'll be paying considerably more than $70/bbl.

If I have to spell it out for you, read supply and demand.

Benman
July 7th, 2006, 20:29
Originally posted by bilbozilla

If I have to spell it out for you, read supply and demand.

Supply and demand, true. But... the Canadians have a few billion bbls just waiting to be sold that the US government won't allow(read, it would lower the price). If that ain't price fixing, I'm not sure what is. Not that I have anything against OPEC...:D

Ben:addict:

bilbozilla
July 7th, 2006, 21:52
Originally posted by Benman
Supply and demand, true. But... the Canadians have a few billion bbls just waiting to be sold that the US government won't allow

True, but the recovery costs on the tar sands oil runs about $40/bbl. As long as oil prices stay up, the tar sands are a viable option. Truth be told, we get more oil out of Russia than we do OPEC states and we have been doing that since about 2001.

Benman
July 7th, 2006, 21:58
Truth be told, we get more oil out of Russia than we do OPEC states and we have been doing that since about 2001.

Not to mention if the tree huggers got over themselves, we could get all the oil we'd ever need from Alaska.

Heck, that's the reason Japan tried to take over Hawaii in the first place. Well, actually, that's a loooong story, so better not go there, but you know what I mean.:thumb:

Bomber
July 10th, 2006, 12:59
I am only going to say this:

Fuel price in The Netherlands: 1 liter 98 oct. = 1.50 euro
that woulde be around 10 $ for a gallon in the states if i'm correct.

puke: puke: puke: puke: puke: puke: puke: puke: puke: puke: puke:

Benman
July 10th, 2006, 15:13
Originally posted by Bomber

Closer to $7.20 a US gallon but still a total joke for sure. I feel your pain.

Right now, in So Cal, we're @ $3.40-3.50 for our 91. Much more than most Americans are used to paying. On the plus side, diesel is finally back around regular unleaded prices. About time.

bilbozilla
July 11th, 2006, 01:52
On the plus side, diesel is finally back around regular unleaded prices. About time.

Did you put some glowplugs in your RS6? :)

Benman
July 11th, 2006, 14:44
Did you put some glowplugs in your RS6? :)

LOL!:applause: :applause:

No, was just feeling sorry for all the truckers paying over premium prices for "crude" oil.

Lateknight
July 20th, 2006, 01:44
We all ought to move here.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/king-slashes-saudi-petrol-prices/2006/05/01/1146335642811.html

Conversions;

U.K 10p /Litre
E.U 14c /Litre
U.S 70c /Gallon (us)

Benman
July 20th, 2006, 18:30
Originally posted by Lateknight

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/king-slashes-saudi-petrol-prices/2006/05/01/1146335642811.html

Conversions;

U.K 10p /Litre
E.U 14c /Litre
U.S 70c /Gallon (us)

Great prices. Crappy environment. If only we could bring those prices here...;)

Z07
July 27th, 2006, 22:25
Basic low octane petrol is £1/litre here or about $7.40/US gal. You have little to complain about.

Z07
July 27th, 2006, 22:28
True, but the recovery costs on the tar sands oil runs about $40/bbl. As long as oil prices stay up, the tar sands are a viable option. Truth be told, we get more oil out of Russia than we do OPEC states and we have been doing that since about 2001.
Yep, the price needs to be $50+ for tar sands to be viable. Sadly, the only real option is alternative fuel.

Benman
July 27th, 2006, 22:28
Originally posted by Z07
Basic low octane petrol is £1/litre here or about $7.40/US gal. You have little to complain about.

We can't help it you get screwed even more than we do when it comes to the prices of fuel and cars...

Z07
July 27th, 2006, 22:30
Originally posted by Bomber

Nah, it'd be about $7.40/ US gal (US gal = 4 litres), same as our 95 RON.:w:

Z07
July 27th, 2006, 22:32
We can't help it you get screwed even more than we do when it comes to the prices of fuel and cars...

You could stop using so damn much.:D

Z07
July 27th, 2006, 22:35
Originally posted by Lateknight

Conversions;

U.K 10p /Litre
E.U 14c /Litre
U.S 70c /Gallon (us)
Venezuela have done the same.

Benman
July 28th, 2006, 00:01
Originally posted by Z07
You could stop using so damn much.:D :applause:

I can't help it all the freakin Audis that come to the States are all gas guzzlers! :D

Heck, I'm one of the ones pleading that Audi brings TDI Stateside!:thumb:

Z07
July 28th, 2006, 22:24
:applause:

I can't help it all the freakin Audis that come to the States are all gas guzzlers! :D

Heck, I'm one of the ones pleading that Audi brings TDI Stateside!:thumb:

Yeah, I heard you have problems getting modern diesels over there. Why is that?

Benman
July 31st, 2006, 16:05
Originally posted by Z07
Yeah, I heard you have problems getting modern diesels over there. Why is that?

First: American preconceptions about diesel.
Second: Or diesel isn't of the same grade as in Europe (this is changing though real soon)
Third: The US is changing the requirements to an especially strict level on all diesels (of course, only on cars as the big trucks can soldier on unpenalized!:trash: ).

VW is pulling out of the MY2007 market due to this. Mercedes will be the only car manufacture in the US selling diesels that meet this new requirement. And even then, they'll only meet the standard by using horse piss to do it!

MY2008, VW will be back in the market with a new diesel (probably using horse piss as well) that will meet the new standards. Hopefull, Audi will soon follow. Hmm..."follow", I didn't think Audi did that.;)