PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Silver RS4 OWNER WANTED!!!

MR USER
July 5th, 2006, 14:45
I was crusing along around Lausanne in Switzerland on Friday night and I crossed road with a Silver (or grey - it was dark) RS4.
I was in a black RS4 sedan, we exchanged lights and compliments on our beaoutiful machines..... and oh my if it was stilish crusing along taking both lanes of the highway....
I think I got flashed then and the whole poetry was over!!! If you are the guy that was in that fantastic RS4 could you tell me if I lost my licence? I was at 140 when the flash illuminated my grin!

Parikh1234
July 5th, 2006, 15:19
Originally posted by MR USER
I was crusing along around Lausanne in Switzerland on Friday night and I crossed road with a Silver (or grey - it was dark) RS4.
I was in a black RS4 sedan, we exchanged lights and compliments on our beaoutiful machines..... and oh my if it was stilish crusing along taking both lanes of the highway....
I think I got flashed then and the whole poetry was over!!! If you are the guy that was in that fantastic RS4 could you tell me if I lost my licence? I was at 140 when the flash illuminated my grin!

I was in Lausanne last weekend. Its a great place, ive been to switzerland a million times but it was my first trip to lausanne. Beautiful place, the beau-rivage (spelling?) is an amazing hotel and the food was great. Also rented a POS motor boat to cruise on the lake. Very much enjoyed my time there. If anyone is making a trip out to geneva or around there, def hit up Lausanne.

Fab
July 5th, 2006, 15:37
Originally posted by MR USER

Hi MrUser,

Sorry but can I ask you why do you ask this question ? Are you looking for what will be the penalty for speeding at 140kph ?

If it is the case at 140kph on the highway (considering you were on a 120kph section) you will get a fine of approx. CHF 150.-- maximum and no worries about your driving licence (considering also you did not get any recent similar fine...)

As you know you will soon have the chance to cross road with me.....

But anyway F......g cops :vgrumpy:

Ciao

Fab

MR USER
July 5th, 2006, 18:22
FAB,
I am not so sure it wa a 120 zone... that is the whole point!
I think it could have been a 100 or a 80 zone as it was between junctions.... For that I am worried!

Latetly I got cuple fines but only with a motorbike? Does that matter?

In any case Switzerland is not the right place for this car... as you say F@K*** Pigs....

I really look forward crossing roads with you Fab... Let me know when you get it....

by the way ask amag to get you at least 3-4 liters of spare oil, as for my experience they will go in the first 5000 Km!!!! (the oil comes in a very nice black bag with Velcro so that i sticks in your Trunk!!!!)

IulianUM
July 6th, 2006, 01:22
Agree with you , Fab .

But anyway F......g cops :vgrumpy:
And with you , MR USER .

In any case Switzerland is not the right place for this car... as you say F@K*** Pigs....

It is the same in almost all countries . No fines yet , but is a matter of time , even if you donīt drive aggressive , you are over the limit just pressing the S button (what a sound)...:w:

Audi should sell another licence with the car .

Fab
July 6th, 2006, 10:04
Well I understand the problem now it is all about 80, 100 or 120kph. I don't know from where you entered the highway in Lausanne : from the lac side, or from "les hauts de Lausanne" meaning the highest city point where then the highway has triple lanes and goes down.

If it is from the lac side the first 2-3 km of highway are at 100kph until the junction with the Lausanne-Geneva section once you join this section it is 120kph all the way to Geneva.

If it is from the high side of Lausanne (highway sloping down) on the triple lane it is 120kph until the 90 degree turn in the middle of the city. There you have a fixed camera in the middle of the lanes usually flashing on the way down. Then you have a fixed big box on the 90 degree turn (there it is 80kph) and then you have a third one at 100kph.

I hope this helps has there is nothing worse than wondering about the speed limit and the corresponding fine.

What I can say is that from +25 kph deduction made the judge will decide about the fine and the eventual driving licence freeze.

example : 140kph minus 7 (deduction on the highway) = 133kph. So if it was 100pkh limit my guess is CHF 500.-- fine and 1 month licence freeze, if it was 80kph it will much more severe such as CHF 1000.-- fine and 2-3 month licence freeze.

Good luck man.

P.S. What you can do once you get the speeding info is ask for the photo, because if the pic is not godd enough to recognize you you can say it was a family member or a friend. Because the law do ont oblige you to give the name of the person. Of course this may leed to some discussion and additional costs (for asking the pice and communicating with the police) but I know it works.

Ciao

Fab

MR USER
July 7th, 2006, 07:20
Thanks Fab,
I was in the high part of lausanne and the camera was between lanes.... going downhill direction Geneva. The camera was between lanes and strangely was flashing the front and not the back of the car. Just after the flash I had a panel marking 100.

I did not know it works like that with the pictures. I will ask you little more when I get the picture. I will try and post the pic if I get it!!!!

Fab
July 7th, 2006, 10:40
Good news man,

I was shure this was the one (new radars less visible).

Good news though as this a 120kph section for shure. Yes there is a 100 panel shorthly after it but there it is 120kph so no prob just little money and no further trouble.

Be very carefull around lausanne as many different very news radars are around and impossible to detect.

you will not get the picture as YOU have to ask for it. But in this case it is not worth.

Ciao

P.S. will be on holiday from next Monday for almost 10 days without any opportunities to log in (unfortunately). SO SEE YOU SOON GUYS

:wo:

P.S. Once back at the office Monday 24.07 my beast will be 1 month away !!! :incar: :rs4addict

MR USER
July 7th, 2006, 16:52
That is really good new man!!!!

THanks for the infos, have a nice holiday wherever you go!

by the way I thnk that 3m produces a foil fo plastic that reflects the light of the flash and its transparent.... that might work for future issues!

Fab
July 8th, 2006, 16:46
this is something we should look at as it seems a good addition to my electronic angel.

MR USER
July 8th, 2006, 21:31
How is it? and most of all do they get really nasty for these devices in the land of Cheese and Chocolate?

I just got my new permit and I am working my way to the passport and I would not want to miss the chance of getting it for something like that!!! I rather give up the licence and the car for cuple months than the passport for life!

But if that is not taken too seriously then I think it is time for me to invest some money in thechnology...

Any Particular brand or model I should be looking for?

By the way are you swiss Fab?

Have a good week end! By the way as I told you before.... if you want to go for a ride on the saleve or around here you just have to ask!