PDA

View Full Version : The EPC warning symbol came on today while driving..

dxben
July 5th, 2006, 00:51
I was driving up to Chappaqua and noticed it on. I went another 3 miles until I could find a spot to pull over. I turned the engine off, and 15 seconds later turned it on again, and the warning light was no longer there.

I didn't have the manual in my car at the time, it was at home.

Just read what it says about that warning light, it says if the light is on while driving "then there is a malfunction in the engine electronics. Have the malfunction corrected as soon as possible by your authorized Audi dealer or qualified workshop."

So if the light is gone, do I still need to take her in?

Anyone else have this happen so far?

BBGT2
July 5th, 2006, 13:06
Originally posted by dxben
I

So if the light is gone, do I still need to take her in?

Anyone else have this happen so far?

I would def. take it in and have them check and record that happening, it could be nothing major since it reset itself. But take her in anyway is the best advice I can give.

Bajo

BigRick
July 5th, 2006, 13:54
In it should go.

You really don't want to learn later (during some lapping!) that it was something critical.

And I don't know for you but getting an appointment (with an RS4 :) ) for that kind of thing should not be a problem at all.

nene
July 5th, 2006, 14:24
Even if the light is gone, some error codes were logged, and you should bring the car in to check out what they were.
Good luck.

jasaretta
January 28th, 2007, 07:08
I had the same problem today. I will be taking mine in tomorrow (Monday) - Will let you know what I hear.

james