PDA

View Full Version : Fun with a Viper

Tom C
July 4th, 2006, 02:49
I was casually driving on I495 on Saturday and noticed this low red car creeping up int he left lane. I slowed down even more. It was a new Dodge Viper SRT-10. The guy was driving with his very attractive g/f. He pulls up to my driver side...and both smile. I hit the accelerator pedal a little before he did... I jumped out ahead...and he followed. We hit about 120mph before we caught up to traffic. He weaved through, I being in a much bigger car just manuevered around in a safe manner. He waited up and we went again when traffic cleared. We must have hit 130mph before I slowed to get off at my exit. He followed me off the exit and ulled up at the next light. He yells..."I love those cars". I thanked him and waved as he did a u-turn. He was a really cool guy.

The Viper was obviously faster but he didn't gain as fast as I would have thought. Maybe he wasn't trying 100%. However, he was quite impressed and had a huge smile. I think he was at least trying hard enough to know that the RS6 was not a push over.

Tom

Finalmix
July 4th, 2006, 09:10
Congrats on the friendly run. Wish I could say the same for my corolla, but at least I get 41mpg on a fully gasoline engine, lol.

Duma
July 4th, 2006, 10:27
good job !

mi021le
July 4th, 2006, 20:56
tom your lucky. i never run into anyone like that. noone whats no race me. that is for fun atleast. lol

Benman
July 7th, 2006, 21:01
Ditto on the friendly run. Opportunities like those are far and few inbetween.

Ben:addict:

nene
July 12th, 2006, 01:23
Cool Runnings ... mr Tom!

Glad that the ViperMan followed you for a friendly hello. I've yet to have the chance to play. Soon I hope. Hard to do it up North, given that every road is congested. Come Fall I'll bring the beast to the drags as I'm sure I can safely run her there.

rks838
July 14th, 2006, 01:32
on the Beltway?? that must have been quite a run...

rks838
July 14th, 2006, 01:32
on the Beltway?? that must have been quite a run...