PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 Owners ...

Finnus
March 27th, 2003, 11:27
Where did you guys go? In the short time I've been on the forum, I know a number of you have received delivery of your new RS6. Yet, I haven't heard any feedback - are you too busy out enjoying your new beast????:confused: Have you just abandoned your friends on RS6.com? Have you forgotten us poor saps who have to wait months for our new car? :D Seriously, I would love to hear from new owners.:addict:

Benman
March 27th, 2003, 19:08
yeh guys, a little feed back for those of us who still
have to wait:cheers:

:addict:

Plexus
March 28th, 2003, 08:32
:addict: Amazing, you can keep the E55AMG, your M3 even your 996T2. This is the car to have, bar none!! :addict:

Benman
March 28th, 2003, 14:52
yes it is :cheers:

even the battery eating up trunk space won't stop me:D

BBGT2
March 29th, 2003, 15:55
Batteries? we dont need to stinkin battery:D
Plexus its that good (we knew it was didnt we guys)
Keep ur 996T2, man October where the hell are you.

Bajo :addict:

Plexus
March 29th, 2003, 17:51
:addict: Yes it is that good. My wife drives an '02 M3SMG Convertable and it is not in the same league. This car goes and goes and goes. Find some1 local who has one because they woild love to show you how good it is. The seats the US get look, well not great:eye: I would get some prices for replacement in Holland or Belgium as they seem to be the best price for parts.

BBGT2
March 29th, 2003, 18:44
Plexus, thanx for the info. I am waiting for a buddy of mine to get his delivered hopefully in July they told him (diferent dealer than mine) so I can see exactly what it feels like to drive this monster.
But hearing you say what you said about it and having a M3 to compare REALLY makes me feel great.:0:
I dont know if you have seen that video of the M3 pulling away from the RS6 but I somehow cannot comprehend that at all.
I have raced my 01 S8 against the newew M3 and it was close very very close, albeit that is a sport car and the S8 is a 2 ton sedan, but watching that M3 pull away like that is something I did to my brothers 95.5 S6 and me in my chipped 94 S4 and couldnt believe that the RS6 lagged that far behind.

Bajo:addict:

TheBrit
April 3rd, 2003, 12:15
There's a few too many boards springing up on the net wich have RS 6 content to keep up to date with them all every day. :(

For starters there's my old stomping ground, AudiWorld which is mainly full of Americans. There's also AudiZone, which I can't say I've ever visited.

Here in the UK there was Audi-Sport.net, but that seems to have split into Tyresmoke.net and rs246.com.

And there's RS6.com of course! :D

I try to keep us with RS6.com because I think Eric's doing the board for the right reasons, Audiworld because it's my long-standing "home" forum and the others because there's a lot of UK people on there.

If I'm not careful, I won't have time for driving! :eek:

Erik
April 3rd, 2003, 12:25
Originally posted by TheBrit
I try to keep us with RS6.com because I think Eric's doing the board for the right reasons

Thanks! :addict:

Finnus
April 3rd, 2003, 12:29
The Brit,

Thanks for the feedback. I think your byline says it all, "Can't stop smiling"!

Great pics on the muguello blue thread - that's what I've ordered but I'm stuck in the waiting game.

Finnus

TheBrit
April 3rd, 2003, 12:35
Originally posted by Erik B
Thanks! :addict:

He he, no problem. You seem genuinely interested in the cars, and in providing information about them without a commercial or "political" (in the car enthusiast world) undertone like some other boards have.

Anyone that treks around Europe taking pictures and getting test drives of RS 6s becvause they're interested in them is OK in my book! :)

Erik
April 3rd, 2003, 13:29
Anyone that treks around Europe taking pictures and getting test drives of RS 6s becvause they're interested in them is OK in my book! :)

I act like I was 15 but I'm 31... :hihi:

Dave
April 3rd, 2003, 15:52
Erik,

I'm 32.. who's the yongest RS6 driver? :deal:

Regards
Dave

Thilo
April 3rd, 2003, 15:56
Hi Dave,

That's cool. I am also 32 !

So let's find the youngest RS6 driver.;)

Greetings
Thilo :cool2:

Erik
April 3rd, 2003, 15:59
Originally posted by Thilo
So let's find the youngest RS6 driver.;)

I think scoop is in trouble...

:hihi:

Snow
April 3rd, 2003, 16:15
Ha ha...sure, but actually you need to count the mental age... And I think most of you RS 6 owners aren't a year over 18! (16 in the States..) :p

peterb
April 3rd, 2003, 17:56
Originally posted by Dave
Erik,

I'm 32.. who's the yongest RS6 driver?
Arghh - maybe I'm gonna qualify as oldest (49) RS6 driver, then, when mine arrives next month. :(

Dave
April 3rd, 2003, 18:07
LOL... don't worry Pete..

you'll be a long way from the oldest :cheers:

Benman
April 3rd, 2003, 19:11
i doubt i'll be the youngest (as i thought scoop is 24) but
when mine arrives i'll still be 27:cheers:

ben:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
April 3rd, 2003, 19:17
It is not the age. Its the maintenance. 55 going on 14.:360:

jconley
April 3rd, 2003, 19:28
I'm only 22 :)

Benman
April 3rd, 2003, 20:36
Originally posted by jconley

GOOD NIGHT!!!!:bigeyes:

your barely drinking age!!:cheers:

jconley
April 3rd, 2003, 20:46
True, true...been an Audi driver for 3+ years now, though :)

J

Benman
April 3rd, 2003, 21:20
well, any 22year old that can swing a RS6 is OK in my book:D
especially one that's been driving audis since he was 19
:cheers:

TheBrit
April 4th, 2003, 03:07

Wow, I'm in the "Over the hill RS 6 club" (30+) with Eric, Dave, Thilo and peterb, but only just!

Benman and jconley: You young 'uns with your less than 30 years and your flash cars. In my day we had to lick 't road clean wi' us tongues...etc etc

:p

Benman
April 4th, 2003, 03:20
Wow, I'm in the "Over the hill RS 6 club" (30+) with Eric, Dave, Thilo and peterb, but only just!

Benman and jconley: You young 'uns with your less than 30 years and your flash cars. In my day we had to lick 't road clean wi' us tongues...etc etc

:p

yes but i freely admit this car is out of my price range. i've been
saving for THREE years:bigeyes: that should show you how nuts
i am:cheers:

dabull
April 4th, 2003, 07:23
49 hittin the Big 50 in August might as well hit it hard in an RS 6

eph94
April 4th, 2003, 07:53

22! What are you doing buying a "family" car? :0: Wow, when I was 22, I quenched my need for speed on a Honda CBR600F3 sport bike! I hit 130+ MPH on it once with bugs splattering all over my face mask as if it was raining out. Now that is one "thrill" that I never ever need to do again.

I'm a responsible 31 now :D, married 5.33 years (but who's counting?), and have a 2 1/2 year old son for the back seat. He's gonna get a helluva ride! Who needs Six Flags or Disney?

Joe

Benman
April 4th, 2003, 16:08
Originally posted by JJV-MA
22! What are you doing buying a "family" car? :0: Wow, when I was 22, I quenched my need for speed on a Honda CBR600F3 sport bike! I hit 130+ MPH on it once with bugs splattering all over my face mask as if it was raining out. Now that is one "thrill" that I never ever need to do again.

I'm a responsible 31 now :D, married 5.33 years (but who's counting?), and have a 2 1/2 year old son for the back seat. He's gonna get a helluva ride! Who needs Six Flags or Disney?

Joe

nicely put joe:0:

my daughter is also 2 1/2 years old and is already addicted to
my fast driving (probably not too good once she hit's driving
age).:cheers:

jconley
April 4th, 2003, 16:15
Originally posted by JJV-MA

Joe

I'm 6 foot 6, so no sport bikes for me...I also love the sleeper effect of the RS 6. Plus the comfort, luxury, etc....

My other vice is sailboats :)

Dave
April 4th, 2003, 16:16
I have 3 daughters.. 6, 5 and 2...

and their mother has taught them all to say "Slow down Daddy" :bang: :incar:

Just as well I'm getting deaf at my age.. and grey!!!!! :D

GoFastKindaGuy
April 4th, 2003, 18:18
Whoa... You were allowed to lick? We had to sweep the twigs out of the wagon ruts with our ears -- just to drive up hill to school. In both directions!:roll:

BBGT2
April 4th, 2003, 18:28
I guess I also fall into the " over the hill" category, I am 36 and will be 37 when the RS6 gets here to ME.
I have been driving Audi's since day one first one was a 1975 100 LS, Ah the memories. And I think I have had every car Audi has decided to send over the ocean. Except the 20v Coupe, except that one I had them ALL. I blame (thank) my older brother he started working at Audi as a tech way back in 1976. As of yet we have a total of 4 Audi's in the family 2 1998 A8's, 2001 S8, and our family beater the "workhorse" 1986 Audi 5000 S with 346,000 miles on the clock, engine never been touched Trans. 4 times. Gotta love em.

Still waiting for the BIG DADDY aka:addict:

Bajo,

Dave
April 4th, 2003, 18:32
Wow.. that's great..
imagine driving Audi's for over 25 years.. how cool :cool2:

I bet they've improved over the years a bit.. I had a 1972 100 Coupe S for about six months.. loved it, but the wife made me sell it :mad:

Oh well.. I suppose one toy is enough for me :0:

jconley
April 4th, 2003, 21:19
I love my 95 A6Q...Not fast, but comfortable, and I put 30K miles a year on it and it runs like a charm...

Speedracer
April 5th, 2003, 03:41
I love my 95 A6Q...Not fast, but comfortable, and I put 30K miles a year on it and it runs like a charm...

Me too. Emerald Green '95 A6Q Avant going on 90,000 miles. On the age topic, I'm the same as GoFastKindaGuy and will be 56 by the time my RS6 arrives. LUV2XLR8 is my 16 year old son who has been a big influence on my ordering the car! He hates the Audi because it's a wagon, and he can't understand why anyone would buy one.

John
'95 A6QA
'81 911SC Coupe
2001 Suburban
2003 RS6 Daytona Grey/Ebony/Carbon on the way