PDA

View Full Version : Seats for USA?

jfrocke
March 27th, 2003, 03:12
Does anyone have a picture of what the USA seats will look like in the RS6?

dabull
March 27th, 2003, 04:29
Take a look at these that were taken by my salesman out in Tempe this week

krm
March 27th, 2003, 04:47
oh my, the Recaros look so much better :(

dabull
March 27th, 2003, 05:12
Luckily they should look better in black, but they sure aren't Recaro's are they

Thilo
March 27th, 2003, 07:11
Holy shit !

Sorry US guys, but those seats look really sh....y ! I can't understand why Audi skipped so many features for the US Market.

Greetings from Switzerland
Thilo
:bye:

Alex K
March 27th, 2003, 09:22
I am sorry to say that the Recaros sure look much better than the US seats but there could be one bright side to this also (ʹm not sure):
I was being told that a memory option for the seats is not availble for Recaros but is available for standard seats as an option.
Are RS6 buyers in the US at least getting this option ??

GoFastKindaGuy
March 27th, 2003, 14:09
First, "battery luggage" -- now this! This bucket looks like something General Motors would do in a Buick! Even silver color is awful. The car damned well better perform because Audi is losing its touch in the USA! Anybody got any pull at Audi to remedy this poor judgement? If not, anybody willing to locate and ship RS6 Recaros to the US?:vsad:

Somebody talk me back off the ledge or I'm gonna jump!

Erik
March 27th, 2003, 14:25
That's the Audi sports seat. They've won many prices - in Germany I suppose. I'm 1.86 m tall and I think they're a bit to short to support my legs.

I got the Recaros in my A6 but hey there's loads of drawbacks with them as well. No memory function, but electrical is standard at least. No storeage behind the seat either and IMHO I think the support for the legs is a bit to narrow for long drives.

Another thing, the Whiplash protection is beyond what should be in a modern car. That goes for all Audi seats. I really hope Audi fixes than in the next generation.

The best seats can be found in Volvos and SAABs... :cheers:

Benman
March 27th, 2003, 19:13
Originally posted by Alex K
I am sorry to say that the Recaros sure look much better than the US seats but there could be one bright side to this also (ʹm not sure):
I was being told that a memory option for the seats is not availble for Recaros but is available for standard seats as an option.
Are RS6 buyers in the US at least getting this option ??

yes, a least we will get power memory seats.

:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
March 27th, 2003, 19:27
Blame Uncle Sam for the seats: I talked to my dealer -- US federalization is the problem. Recaro seat does not pass. For the relatively small number coming this way, Audi chose to use a seat that is already here. Butt ugly as it is. I wish I had kept the seats from my old S4.

Seeing the silver, I changed my order to ebony! Thanks for the photo post.

krm
March 27th, 2003, 20:35
will some US owners go the aftermarket route and purchase Recaros for their US-spec car?

http://www.recaro.com/englisch/index_frames.html

http://www.recaro.com/englisch/pics/streifen/produkte/streifen_a_01_3_3_c.gif

Benman
March 28th, 2003, 01:17
not if it means losing the seat memory function.

i'm 5'10" and my wife is 4'10" changing the seat position
manually would be a pain in the arse.:cheers:

ben:addict:

jfrocke
March 28th, 2003, 02:13
Is the RS6 seat the same seat that we get in the USA in the S6?

The seat looks like it came out of my Jeep, which is not what one would expect in an $80K+ car.

Benman
March 28th, 2003, 14:47
Originally posted by jfrocke
Is the RS6 seat the same seat that we get in the USA in the S6?

The seat looks like it came out of my Jeep, which is not what one would expect in an $80K+ car.

i believe it is the same sport seat that's in the S6 just
reuphlostered. it will look better in black is my guess:cheers:

BBGT2
March 29th, 2003, 16:02
OH MY GOD, they look like crap. Audi whay would you throw pork in a beef stew, man that is disappointing to see. Oh well Gotta love em. It s time to start looking into importing the Recaro's from Europe, memory or no memory if I can get my hands on some Europe only seats it will be worth the price.
Thank God i opted for the black interior I was almost talked out of it by my brother but chose black anyway cant wait to show hin these pictures. Lets see battery BOX IN Trunk, (really in the trunk) and crappy looking seats Oh well, Poor boy gotta drive something doesnt he:D

Bajo :addict:

Benman
March 31st, 2003, 16:15
yeh, i was glad i choose the black interior as well. the silver
doesn't look THAT bad, but i think i'll be definately sticking with
black. yep, definately black.:cheers:

jfrocke
April 12th, 2003, 15:40
I found these pictures of the black RS6 seats for the USA. They do look a bit nicer than the silver.

BBGT2
April 12th, 2003, 16:13
WOW, I like those they look pretty good, not quite the Recaro's of Europe but nice.
Thanx for making my wait a lil better.

Bajo,:addict:

sprint Blue
April 12th, 2003, 17:22
Thank God!! The black do look MUCH better than the silver seats. When I saw the silver seats, I was seriously thinking about taking a trip to Europe to order customized Recaro seats to ship back to NY and have them installed into my upcoming RS6 but after seeing how they look in black, I can live with it. Whew!
:p

Snow
April 12th, 2003, 18:25
Why does the black ones have a RS 6 logo and the white hasn't? Is it really the same seat?

john hulbrock
April 13th, 2003, 21:55
My dealer showed me pictures he took in Arizona at the intro. and they showed the seats with the RS6 embossed on the leather like the black ones. The all silver seats look like the seats from the A8.
j.