PDA

View Full Version : What to choose?!

Ricoloco
June 27th, 2006, 10:40
Hi Guys! New member here.

I can´t decide what to do.... Do I really need an Avant or is it enough with the limousine? No kids, a dog once in a while, just some hunting that nees some loading capacity. At first I was really keen on the Avant but now I really think that the limo has grown in my mind, looks more sporty and not so heavy as the Avant. How´s the Avants performance towards the limo? Audi says its 0,1 sec slower to 100 but some magazines has clocked the limo lower than 4,8 sec, what is possible to perform with the Avant? Has anyone got a clue how the Avant will perform in the corners?

The other thing are the seats, I´m 190 cm and 90 kgs. Will I fit in the bucket-seats?!! And, how about the bucket-seats in the Avant - won´t that make it impossible to sell when i´m finished with the car in a couple of years?!

Furthermore - what do you think - Black or daytona?!

Leadfoot
June 27th, 2006, 11:11
Originally posted by Ricoloco
Hi Guys! New member here.

The other thing are the seats, I´m 190 cm and 90 kgs. Will I fit in the bucket-seats?!! And, how about the bucket-seats in the Avant - won´t that make it impossible to sell when i´m finished with the car in a couple of years?!

Welcome Ricoloco,

Regarding the seats, if your waist size is anything over 36" I would say try before you buy. It's quite tight fit especially at the hips. Sh@t I sound like a woman here. The only plus is the seat is programmable to keep at it's widest even when you hit the SPORT button.

Me I would go for the Avant, will sell better as well.

Good luck.:thumb:

Benman
June 27th, 2006, 15:36
Originally posted by Leadfoot
Welcome Ricoloco,

Regarding the seats, if your waist size is anything over 36" I would say try before you buy. It's quite tight fit especially at the hips. Sh@t I sound like a woman here. The only plus is the seat is programmable to keep at it's widest even when you hit the SPORT button.

Me I would go for the Avant, will sell better as well.

Good luck.:thumb:

Sound advice. The sport seats are snug! At 75kg I found them comfortable yet tight fitting. They worked great for me on the long trip I was in them on, but if I was 15kg more... I'd really have to try them out first. And avant all the way. Especially for the hunting trips:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
June 27th, 2006, 16:00
Originally posted by Benman
Sound advice. The sport seats are snug! At 75kg I found them comfortable yet tight fitting. They worked great for me on the long trip I was in them on, but if I was 15kg more... I'd really have to try them out first. And avant all the way. Especially for the hunting trips:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Well I found them ok on a short drive (30minutes) but doubt I could have lived with them for the 2+years of ownership. I'm around your weight,:vhmmm:, ok I'm a bit heavier than you, :vhmmm:, well to tell the truth, I'm two foot too short for my weight.:cry:

The Avant is a true RS model, the RS2 and last RS4, both cult cars were Avants, so if you want to get the most money for your car when you want to sell it, buy the Avant.

Freestyle
June 30th, 2006, 13:34
I would strongly recommand the normal Recaro seats.

These hold you in place for the heavy stuff and still provide lots of comfort for normal use.

The bucketseats are like a wooden plank with leather draped over it :D

jasaretta
July 4th, 2006, 08:53
I dont get the issue with the seats...:vhmmm:

I love the sports seats...yes they are snug....but they are so comfortable. Admittedly you learn the best way to get in and out of them....but they look SOOOOO good.

Anyway - i think they are a great way to make sure I dont put 5 more kgs on LOL