PDA

View Full Version : What insurance grouping will the TT have

Leadfoot
June 26th, 2006, 21:12
I was wondering what insurance group the new TT will have. This new ASF construction is an industry first and as such is an unkown quantity for insurance company. It's going to cost a lot more to repair than steel and what if the damage is where the two metals join, will this mean a insurance right-off.

I remember doing damage to my last TT at an unbelieveable speed of 5mph into a stone wall in the snow and because the damaged included a headlight the bill cost over £2K and this was not a dealer's price. The headlight complete cost over £700 including bulbs.

In the U.K. the last model was a group 18, but I doubt the new one will be that, more likely group 19 with higher performance models being group 20. It might not be the cheap to own sportscar car it once was.

Lateknight
July 20th, 2006, 00:58
I would not be surprised if this was the other way around.

I take your point about the ASF construction being cost prohibitive to repair. Thats probably not going to help.
.............................but.................. ......
Almost all of the latest model ranges from Audi and VW that have been replaced or facelifted in the last couple of years have cheaper replacement part than the models that preceded them.

Current A6, A3, Golf/Jetta & Passat have all now much cheaper bumpers/panels/glass etc, than their previous generation models. This all helps in reducing Ins. premiums.

Now, the New TT is yet to appear on Audi retailers ETKA parts system, so no word yet on definate parts prices.

You never know, miracles do happen. !!