PDA

View Full Version : putting snows on RS4 19's

stinsy
June 26th, 2006, 17:21
Tirerack.com has snows that fit the rim, but the dealership says the rims will get destroyed by winter driving. They are getting back to me on a tire/rim package, but I don't want to drop 3500 on rims and wheels from the dealership. any thoughts? I'd love to go with only changing tires in the winter. :vhmmm:

Audihead
June 26th, 2006, 17:38
The Tire Rack should have a wheel and tire combo package, so you don't have to use the original wheels. Call them and ask.

mike03rs6
June 26th, 2006, 19:05
i have a set of perfect stock wheels off my rs6 that i'm looking to sell that should fit your rs4. these are the 7 spoke OEM wheels that came on all US RS6's. 255/40/18 dunlop sp sport 9000 tires with 3000 miles on them.

stinsy
June 26th, 2006, 19:23
Only need rims. Would you sell those?

AudiRS4ever
June 26th, 2006, 22:53
I am actually going to do a wheel and tire package for the winter too. Don't forget if you have a U.S. car, it has TPMS standard. Those valve stems aren't cheap either. :eek: Oh well...... I still love my RS4! :rs4kiss:

gjg
June 27th, 2006, 06:08
Don't forget if you have a U.S. car, it has TPMS standard.

is this the same as we have on rs6 - only hi/low warning? If that's the case aftermarket system would be imo better option - and cheaper ....:thumb:

AudiRS4ever
June 27th, 2006, 16:09
Originally posted by gjg
is this the same as we have on rs6 - only hi/low warning? If that's the case aftermarket system would be imo better option - and cheaper ....:thumb:

I'm almost 100% sure that it is. Tire Rack sells them, so I will probably go with theirs. Thanks for the advise. :0:

vasbli
June 27th, 2006, 19:02
got my 18" for winter season ordered from Audi together with the car - 2700EUR approx (rims+tyres)

Audihead
June 28th, 2006, 04:56
I believe on Audiworld there are codes for disabling the TPMS. You can do it thru the VAG-COM system for the winter, and re-activate it for the stock rims if you wish. The codes are located in the B7 A4 forum.

Here are a few:
Add window up/down feature via remote keyfob:
Log onto block 46 - Central Convenience
Recode the module with 11900 (Original number +64)

Remove Selective locking (2 clicks to unlock all doors)
Recode the same module with 11896 (Original number - 4)

Remove Auto Locking of doors as you drive.
Recode same module with 11864 (auto lock off))(original number -32)

Remove nagging seatbelt chime
Log onto block 17 - instruments.
Recode with module by subtracting 2 from your current number.

Lows/Fogs, Highs/Fogs, Amber off
Block 09 Central Electronics
01023 original USA number
01021 Enables High/Fogs, Euro parking lights - amber only on when blinking

Here is the info on the TPMS:
Select -> 17-Instruments -> Adaptation -> Channel 61.

Subtract 512 from whatever value you find there.

Thank you to John Stahmann for all the info!

ct940pp
July 8th, 2006, 22:31
guys

dunlop make a winters tyre with 255 35 19 inch specs. I ordered mine yesterday and was quoted 1650 euro for the set. They might be n2 ( porsche homolgated) but the measurement is fine for our 19 inch rims.

nb. this tyre has a vmx rating of 240 k's but they are also coming out with a new and improved tyre with a vmax rating of 270

ct940pp
July 8th, 2006, 22:32
SP Winter Sport M3

L'invemale realmente innovativo per maggiore sicurezza e comfort.
Confortevole pneumatico invernale ad alte prestazioni con un disegno direzionale del battistrada che garantisce maggiore aderenza, tenuta e stabilità di guida in tutte le condizioni invernali. Ideale per auto dell'ultima generazione.

Geometria ottimizzata delle lamelle per una migliore trazione e tenuta laterale, alla partenza, in accelerazione ed in frenata.

Nuova mescola a base di silice che riduce l'indurimento del battistrada alle basse temperature e migliora la tenuta su fondo stradale bagnato, ghiacciato ed innevato.

Migliore resistenza all'aquaplaning, grazie ad una speciale geometria del profilo del battistrada con ampie scanalature circonferenziali, nonché longitudinali e trasversali a V.

Ridotta resistenza al rotolamento che abbassa il consumo di carburante.

Scanalature nei blocchi a V.

Audihead
July 11th, 2006, 21:06
Originally posted by ct940pp
SP Winter Sport M3

L'invemale realmente innovativo per maggiore sicurezza e comfort.
Confortevole pneumatico invernale ad alte prestazioni con un disegno direzionale del battistrada che garantisce maggiore aderenza, tenuta e stabilità di guida in tutte le condizioni invernali. Ideale per auto dell'ultima generazione.

Geometria ottimizzata delle lamelle per una migliore trazione e tenuta laterale, alla partenza, in accelerazione ed in frenata.

Nuova mescola a base di silice che riduce l'indurimento del battistrada alle basse temperature e migliora la tenuta su fondo stradale bagnato, ghiacciato ed innevato.

Migliore resistenza all'aquaplaning, grazie ad una speciale geometria del profilo del battistrada con ampie scanalature circonferenziali, nonché longitudinali e trasversali a V.

Ridotta resistenza al rotolamento che abbassa il consumo di carburante.

Scanalature nei blocchi a V.

English Please.:0:

ct940pp
July 11th, 2006, 21:20
it is just a technical explanation of the tyres- go on the dunlop website and it should be in english