PDA

View Full Version : One sick electric concept car from Audi!!!!

Qriouz
June 23rd, 2006, 16:02
---- Specifications ----

Price
--

Production
--

Engine
4 electric in-wheel motors

Weight
approx 4850 lbs

Aspiration
--

Torque
2168 lb-ft

HP
1091 hp @ 12900 rpm

HP/Weight
4.4 lbs per hp

HP/Liter
--

1/4 mile
--

0-62 mph
under 3 seconds

Top Speed
estimated 286 mph

That is some sick numbers im looking at!!!!!!

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2006-Audi-R-Zero-Concept.htm

Sander
June 23rd, 2006, 16:11
Looks alot like this one

Benman
June 23rd, 2006, 16:14
What in the world?!?!? Is this a real concept car from Audi?

It certainly looks like it as it would be first class work from just some design student but dang, that is out there! Looks fantastic and some of the pics look so good they don't even look like a photoshop, but a real live model!

Looks amazing! Vorsprung durch Technik! :heart:

Now they just need to come out with a version with exactly half the HP and half the weight and we might have something here. :D

Ben:addict:

54m
June 23rd, 2006, 17:31
To me it looks like a bugatti veyron and in it league audi is just getting better everytime :king:

sam

JavierNuvolari
June 23rd, 2006, 18:06
Nice looks. About the photoshop skills....DAMN! that guy is good.

Javier

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2006, 19:12
And here's us lot arguing about whether the R8 will get a diesel or not, when HOLLY SH@T Audi might produce something like this in 15+years time. :vhmmm:I wonder will it get DSG.

P.S.

Dealer just laughed at me when I showed up at his door sporting this picture and a deposit. I believe the early bird catches the worm, that all.:D

clam
June 24th, 2006, 02:47
So instead of using electricity to split water into H2 and O, using platinum that oxidizes in 200 hours, and then use a million dollar fuel cell, that also uses platinum that last 200 hours, to transfer the H and O back to electricity ... Audi just uses the original electricity.

Ruergard
June 24th, 2006, 11:42
Wow!

Audi have just taken electric cars to a other level! Okey, it's just a prototype but it's AMAZING!

:bigeyes:

eazy
June 24th, 2006, 18:45
It's not an official audi-concept.
It's like the audi nero a project of some design-students.

greetings

eazy

Benman
June 26th, 2006, 15:57
Originally posted by eazy
It's not an official audi-concept.
It's like the audi nero a project of some design-students.

greetings

eazy

Yes, I remeber seeing the Audi Nero (pictures) at the LA Auto Show. True, design students made it, but they were by no means ordinary design students. I thought they were sponsored by Audi, no?

Same with this then?

Duma
June 26th, 2006, 22:15
amazing.... good job Audi :applause:

Benman
August 18th, 2006, 19:02
Ressurecting this thread. The official "home page" of the design students... http://audirzero.free.fr/

Very nice work and the movie is really cool.:thumb:

Only problem. Those motors would each weigh @150+lbs each. Sitting inside each wheel would greatly affect the handling of that car (too much unsprung weight). Otherwise, totally doable!:bow:

BTW, as for the Nero concept, I believe it was sponsored/sanctioned by Audi as a huge poster of it (from the LA Auto Show) is hanging up inside of Audi's Design Center Santa Monica.:thumb: