PDA

View Full Version : Comm Number info

geebee
June 23rd, 2006, 10:42
Ordered my RS4 in Feb.

Told build week was week 22/23 (first week June) and delivery to Australia in week 33 (early August).

Rang dealer today and all he cld tell me was my comm number (318815) and no info about where car is in production schedule.

Surely the dealer shd know more than this ?
Is this typical for other Aussies on the forum ?

Can anyone at a Dealership help me with any more info ??

Thanks in advance.

:dance:

jasaretta
June 23rd, 2006, 11:44
Once I had a VIN number I could track it. From memory mine was built in week 20, arrived in Melbourne 2 weeks ago and I pick it up tomorrow.

Before finally being built the information from my dealer wasn't very detailed.

j

BryanF
June 23rd, 2006, 12:39
Geebee

A vin number will be allocated when the vehicle is due to be built.It actually confirms the vehicles going to be built in a "that" week

MY experience is as follows: Ordered my car in Feb 2006.Was told build week was week 13, then 16 and then week 20 (15th May) which is when the vin number popped up on the dealers system.

Expected delivery date mid/ late July.Dealers system then could not track the car onto a ship and all of my enquires told me the delivery date was being pushed out by 7 days every week.The latest being Aug 25th !!

I pushed the dealer into ringing Audi Aust. to find out what was happening and ...hey presto..

My car arrives into Aust. July 4th and delivery should be 10-14 days later.

Don't despair !! Like mine, it may be well and truely on its way.
I 'd ring the dealer and get them to follow it up for you. They CAN do it.

Once you have a VIN number the process should be approx 8 weeks.

mt2000
July 1st, 2006, 13:03
Hi all. This is my first post after my order. Congratulations to all who've bought this awesome machine.

I've just ordered an Avussilver/Black sedan. The dealer informed me that delivery is Dec 06. Can anyone tell me when the "comm no" is supposed to be given to the customer and how does one track the stage of production/delivery of the vehicle. Thanks.

Mark

BryanF
July 3rd, 2006, 09:38
Mark

Welcome and congratulations on your choice of car.

My avus silver arrives in Aust. July 4th and I should be driving it by Wednesday week. !! I can't wait.

Your dealer can give you a "build "week which is when your VIN number will be allocated.Once built your dealer will be able to give you tracking on shipping and arrival dates.

BryanF: :rs4kiss:

mt2000
July 3rd, 2006, 14:36
Bryan thanks for the info. Does the dealer know the build week when the order is taken ? Sounds like you're going to get your car real soon. Could you post some pics when you get it. Never seen an Avus silver in real life (ie on an RS4).

Mark

BryanF
July 4th, 2006, 03:41
Mark

The fact the dealer has given you a delivery date of Dec 6th means they would also have the "build date".

I'd ring them and ask.

I'II post some pics next week.

Bryan

jasaretta
July 4th, 2006, 06:17
Originally posted by BryanF
Mark

Welcome and congratulations on your choice of car.

My avus silver arrives in Aust. July 4th and I should be driving it by Wednesday week. !! I can't wait.

Your dealer can give you a "build "week which is when your VIN number will be allocated.Once built your dealer will be able to give you tracking on shipping and arrival dates.

BryanF: :rs4kiss:

It's getting closer Bryan!!!! You will love it.