PDA

View Full Version : Dealer add-ons...

S4Aero
June 23rd, 2006, 03:33
My dealer has suggested several add-on's for the car. Two of them seem to have an obvious value.

Lojack theft tracking system

K-40 Calibre Bluetooth Radar/Laser Detector System

The others are appearance related items. A company named TST provides three additional products.

Paint and Fabric Protection. Both are essentially Teflon protections.

Leather Protection (which also offers a 5-year warranty on damage)

Last is the Silent Rider Undercoat - Rust Remedy. I think that this is the least likely to be chosen. Added weight, and frankly, good cars don't rust anymore.

I know that dealers use these add-ons to increase their profit. I also know that I am going to buy some sort of Radar/Laser detection system. Lojack may be a good idea. My insurance company offers a discount for Lojack equipped vehicles. The other appearanc items are less clear to me.

In any (all) respects, I would appreciate any and all feedback on these items.

TIA!

firewired
June 23rd, 2006, 04:30
If I were considering any of them, I would shop for them myself and get around a further dealer markup on a vehicle that is being sold at straight MSRP.

Audihead
June 23rd, 2006, 04:35
Scratch all that jazz. Buy yourself a V-1 and save the rest of the money for a 3M clearbra system. The rest is useless junk.

gjg
June 23rd, 2006, 07:31
Last is the Silent Rider Undercoat - Rust Remedy. ...........

body is zinc coated so you'd have to wait a long time for any rust .. I bet they asked at least $500-1k for that "protection" ...

Audihead is correct, V1 and go, use the money for fuel ..

tazsura
June 23rd, 2006, 10:09
Hi S4Aero

- Leather Protection (which also offers a 5-year warranty on damage)

Would this cover any wear on the RS4 bucket bolsters? :confused:

Seeing as this has been a bit of a problem on a few of the press cars this might be worthwile?

Taran :rs4addict

k2
June 23rd, 2006, 14:28
Audi leather is died ... not tanned ... unlike the PCar ... you can have the leather re-died if it fades ... the best thing you can do is buy a solid hyde conditioning lotion and keep her clean. I have not seen any bolster on any car that is impervious to wear regardless of the protection system ... save your money and buy Zymol instead.

K2

IulianUM
June 23rd, 2006, 19:49
I donīt know what Radar/Laser detector system is best for your country , but you WILL NEED one . This thing is fast .:rs4addict