PDA

View Full Version : The S-TT.

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2006, 12:16
First pictures of what the new S-TT will look like. Engine will be 2.0T FSI with 272hp (plenty of scope for tuning). I like the look of the four exhaust pipes.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoID/6060622.003/pageview/photo/photo/Mini7/country/gcf/audi/audi-tt-variants-spy-photos

Enjoy.:0:

Benman
June 22nd, 2006, 18:59
I like it. Now, that will be all wheel drive, right?

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2006, 21:24
Originally posted by Benman
I like it. Now, that will be all wheel drive, right?

Ben:addict:

Yes and with less weight over the front wheels, possibly the best handling TT bar none. Unless the TT-RS uses a higher tuned 2.0TFSI engine because the V6's extra weight will only dull the handling.

It's the S-TT that has my vote and deposit when available.

polanski
June 23rd, 2006, 09:51
Looks sweet! like the pipes too! is that the same engine the s3 will get?

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2006, 10:05
Originally posted by polanski
Looks sweet! like the pipes too! is that the same engine the s3 will get?

Yes.

Iceman
June 23rd, 2006, 18:17
That's a awefull photoshop.
Further a lot off B*LL in the article.

Hans.

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2006, 18:58
Iceman,

I admit that the exhaust pipes are a bit on the big side, but all Audi S model are now sporting four pipes eg. S4, S6 and S8, why not the TT or the S3 for that matter. Surely this will be the engine that the TT-S or S-TT will use, firstly it's a lot lighter than the 3.2 and that will the extra weight of the Haldex system at the rear will balance the weight even better and improve the handling and directional change even more.

We all know this will be the easiest and most cost effective way to produce a higher performance model, at most a chip up-grade with larger intercooler and possibly turbo and with the weight saving over the 3.2 and the extra power it should sport a power to weight ratio of around 200+, getting close to current S4. To tune the 3.2 N/A will require a lot of internal work, pistons etc., that might be ok when you are going to charge £38K+ for the TT-RS car, but not when at most Audi will get £33K+ for a TT-S, the S3 engine is the way to go.

I would be surprised if both the S and RS models don't get Magnetic ride as standard and some form of the S-Line body kit, with some special paintwork options.

Iceman
June 23rd, 2006, 21:18
I admit that the exhaust pipes on all Audi S model are four pipes and that will not be different by the TT and S3.
But the info i have say that the TTS wil have the new 10.8 degree 3.2 VR6 FSI engine with ±300 hp.
Further the 260 hp 2.0T FSI engine with K04 turbo and twin intercooler weight a lot more then the normal 200 hp 2.0T FSI.
The difference with the new 3.2 FSI VR6 will not that big anymore.
But the future will tell.

Hans.

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2006, 23:46
Originally posted by Iceman
I admit that the exhaust pipes on all Audi S model are four pipes and that will not be different by the TT and S3.
But the info i have say that the TTS wil have the new 10.8 degree 3.2 VR6 FSI engine with ±300 hp.
Further the 260 hp 2.0T FSI engine with K04 turbo and twin intercooler weight a lot more then the normal 200 hp 2.0T FSI.
The difference with the new 3.2 FSI VR6 will not that big anymore.
But the future will tell.

Hans.

So you are saying that VW/Audi have spent a fortune on a new VR engine, is this to replace the current one? Can the current one not be adapted to FSI?

Also why would the 260hp engine be heavier than the 200hp one, yes there is more piping for two intercooler instead of one, but even so it can't be that much more and not as much as the 3.2VR6.

I still think I would perfer the 2.0TFSI, it would have more scope for tuning and be cheaper.

Iceman
June 24th, 2006, 08:31
Originally posted by Leadfoot
So you are saying that VW/Audi have spent a fortune on a new VR engine, is this to replace the current one? Can the current one not be adapted to FSI?

It's the little brother of the US 3.6 litre VR6 FSI 280 hp engine used in the US Passat.
It's 3.2 litre with FSI 250 hp and 330 Nm of torque and is used in the European Passat.
a six cylinder engine have more charisma then a four cylinder engine.
But there is still a lot of confusion about the engines and there utilization.

Hans.

polanski
June 24th, 2006, 10:05

Also why would the 260hp engine be heavier than the 200hp one, yes there is more piping for two intercooler instead of one, but even so it can't be that much more and not as much as the 3.2VR6.

I still think I would perfer the 2.0TFSI, it would have more scope for tuning and be cheaper.

I second that! Turbo engines rock! wit a little more money and a 2.0L engine you could easily head towards 300 BHP !

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2006, 16:36
It's the little brother of the US 3.6 litre VR6 FSI 280 hp engine used in the US Passat.
It's 3.2 litre with FSI 250 hp and 330 Nm of torque and is used in the European Passat.
a six cylinder engine have more charisma then a four cylinder engine.
But there is still a lot of confusion about the engines and there utilization.

Hans.

Which one of these engines are going into the TT, the 3.2 or the 3.6.

I know you are get your info first hand, but what time scale are we talking about, mid'07 or later?

Iceman
June 24th, 2006, 16:43
Which one of these engines are going into the TT, the 3.2 or the 3.6.

I know you are get your info first hand, but what time scale are we talking about, mid'07 or later?
In due time the new FSI 3.2 VR6 will replace the old 3.2 VR6.

Hans.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2006, 18:51
In due time the new FSI 3.2 VR6 will replace the old 3.2 VR6.

Hans.

How long is In due time , just asking. :vhmmm:

Iceman
June 24th, 2006, 23:49
How long is In due time , just asking. :vhmmm:
2006-2007.

Hans.

Leadfoot
June 25th, 2006, 09:48
2006-2007.

Hans.

Spoil sport, that's not an answer:w:

Now go back to your source, lock him in a dark room, no food or water and white noise played all the time until he breaks and tells you the exact time and date this model is released.

Iceman (Ethan Hunt) this is your Mission Impossible:hahahehe: