PDA

View Full Version : RS6 sideskirts on a S6??

micdee
June 21st, 2006, 03:33
:bye: :bye:

Hi all, I am a proud owner of a Dutch 1999 audi S6 (avant) since a few months and I really love this car and I thought I knew it all because I drove a volvo T-5R.. but the S6 beats the Volvo on ALL parts.. :D

Now I saw some very nice pics of the RS6 and I almost immediately saw the difference between my S6 and the RS6..

SIDESKIRTS... :thumb:

I do not like the dirt "thingies"on my door.. I rather have the RS6 sideskirts on my car (together with the reardoor spoiler)
The question really is... will the (original) sideskirts of a RS6 fit without any real adjustment :mech: to the skirts onto my S6..

Second question will a RS6 reardoor or roof spoiler fit onto a S6?

thanks for all your replies..

Michael

nene
June 21st, 2006, 04:06
Unsure at this point if the side skirts will fit from a sedan to an avant. However, the RS6 came as an avant in Europe, so those skirts might fit. Only issue is finding reputable person to send them to you.

As for the door I don't know.

micdee
June 21st, 2006, 14:51
tnx for your reply.

I guess I just need to get my hands on some used skidekirts and do some trail and error :doh: or success :0:

Boston Driver
June 22nd, 2006, 01:46
YES! They fit! "Trichards" on the A6 forum of AudiWorld installed the sideskirts from an RS6 onto his S6 Avant. They are the same part. My next mod for the 4.2 :)))

micdee
June 22nd, 2006, 03:49
me :dance: of joy.. tnx . Now I certainly will look for some.

Guess the Audi dealer here doesn't want to get his hands dirty on some "non-standard" things..

Since they also tried to convince me that the RS6 brakingset can not be fitted onto my S6 without major adjustments and I cannot believe that is true..

Sure, it will mean some things which I have to alter, but major things even something like my ABS :vhmmm:

Boston Driver
June 22nd, 2006, 04:51
I would skip the RS6 brakes...many RS6 owners have stated how much they hate the brakes. Sure, the calipers look good, but they tend to heat up pretty badly. Not worth the $$ IMHO. I had a chance to buy a set, but I was convinced by the RS6 owner that they are not that great. For the money, go with another BBK like alcon, Brembo, StopTech, Porsche, etc. More bang for the buck to be found, and better durability.

micdee
June 23rd, 2006, 02:26
tnx for your thoughts..
As a matter of fact I am keeping my options open for the brakes.
Since it also is a matter of €€ in my case ;-).
But they sure do look great.. the original RS calipers, but that can be done with other calipers aswell... maybe even more unique...