PDA

View Full Version : Attn DRC sufferers..

Hy Octane
June 20th, 2006, 18:01
I have decided to file a complaint with the Department of Transportation regarding AoA's inability to service these suspensions as required by the manufacturer. They will conduct an investigation into complaints about the DRC and issue a recall if they find it necessary. This now appears to be the only way to FORCE audi into having to repair our faulty cars properly.

So, if you are having or have had any DRC problems, please take a moment to call the DOT hotline and just add your vehicle info to their list.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

on the internet or call at

1-888-327-4236

This wont affect our resale at all since its treated as any other recall ( ignition switch, cruise control etc) and wont become public knowlege.. It does appear to be the only way to get Audi's attention..

Please help your RS6 kin get some relief and help us return our Beasts to their proper working order.

Thanks Gang..

Hy O

Aronis
June 20th, 2006, 19:11
Hey Hy Octane,

I thought yours was fixed 100%?

Mine is much better but not fully normal. I will no longer be doing any 'spirited driving' with this car until I save the $5000 for the Ohlin's aftermarket - maybe.

I submitted at that site....Audi is listed under VW, by the way LOL...did not see BMW there at all, strange?

Mike

Hy Octane
June 20th, 2006, 20:08
Mike..

The car has resumed its bouncy ways especially in the front.. We THINK it might be due to damage from improper pressurisation in previous attempts, but I went to Pacific Audi here in SoCal last week to speak to yet another tech. He drove my car and said it seems a little soft but within specs. I asked him what specs he was referring to and he said there were none really, just from his experience. Well, since he has only driven broken cars who is in a better position to know?
I then saw a yellow RS4 in the lot. had him follow me and had him push down of the front and rear . The DRC didnt move at all. I then had him do the same on mine. He saw the bounce and is trying to get permission to try again.. I'm so sick of this crap I decided to ask for help from the DOT.

Aronis
June 20th, 2006, 20:13
I (as I did before) am being very optimistic in my assessment of the repair....just choosing to ignore it at this point. The car is far better than when EMPTY of fluid, but certainly not 100%. Notice that in my posts I have NOT said what percentage it is.....LOL....no better than my wifes Tribeca, but at least stable enough to drive safely. It's not an RS6 anymore, but that's my secret on the road.....LOL......

I've given up on that thought of a repair by Audi as you can imagine I am sick of the whole thing.

I bought the extended warrantee to cover my ass as I will be out of warrantee before my lease is over. I will be paying Audi for those excess miles...oh well.....

PS... you can fix the shocks on a Honda in a 1/2 day....back to 100% every time you try.

Mike

gjg
June 20th, 2006, 21:48
I asked him what specs he was referring to and he said there were none really, just from his experience. Well, since he has only driven broken cars who is in a better position to know?

this is not even somethting to laugh about ... did you consider to call Necklarsum factory directly? There are couple of guys doing VIP sort of service. :doh:

And this certainly should raise some questions, specially with the RS4 deliveries just starting .....

Aronis
June 21st, 2006, 02:21
The RS4 mechanics were in town....come on Paul tell the story!!!!!!!!

Mike

Benman
June 21st, 2006, 15:46
That sucks to hear Paul. I'm sorry it has come to this, but dang, you've been more patient than I would have been...:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Hy Octane
June 21st, 2006, 18:27
Mike..
Basically, I was informed by a good caring member of this board that a few Gmbh techs would be at a local dealer here in SoCal overseeing the press debut of the RS4 at a local racetrack..
It was arranged that I meet them there and they would be sure to repair my DRC to the proper settings.. Unfortunately, the two pressure acumulators needed to effect the repairs didnt arrive in time for them to fix it (they came in on Monday following the Saturday they were there) so the guys had to go back to germany without repairing my car.. However, they did tell me that whoever had done the work on my car had left it "really messed up" and that they had instructed the RS6 tech there at Rusnak pasadena on what to do when these parts arrive.
I can only assume that either this fellow didnt do what he was told or the previous attempts to pressurize and overpressurize my shocks caused some internal damage to them, cause after I drove away and for the firest few days, the car really seemed fixed.. but now we are back to the softer A6 sport ride that we had before..
I am reeally sick of this especially James Cruse at AoA who essentially told me that if I am unhappy with the repairs on my car that my only recourse is to have the same fools who tried to fix it the first 2 times try again..because he has been told that my car is up to spec..even tho there are no specs these guys have to compare to.
have you ever heard of such incompetence?
So, if we can get everyone who is having DRC grief to file a complaint with the DOT/NHTSA regarding this issue, they will demand that AoA issue a recall to fix this... as they did on my 94 S4 when AoA refused to recall these cars for a braided fuel line that was leaking fuel near the hot turbos and caused a few cars to catch fire..
When you are dealing with corporate assholes who have no mechanical knowlege and stand behind their employees who are saying whatever they must to save their jobs instead of believing the customer, this is what we get.
So, on we go..
We shall overcome..

Mr Balsen
June 21st, 2006, 18:39
Bonjour,

I will sent an email right away to the right people inside the Audi Factory about this law suit. This is very unfortunate.....

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

gjg
June 21st, 2006, 19:50
When you are dealing with corporate assholes who have no mechanical knowlege and stand behind their employees who are saying whatever they must to save their jobs instead of believing the customer, this is what we get.

Amen

Aronis
June 22nd, 2006, 02:50
James needs to get out on the road and visit those customers with the broken DRC and drive those cars himself. You see since the car is an Automatic he has no excuse. LOL.

Yes, the 'same fools,' interesting.....

I had my car driven by the regional repair rep out of Marlboro Massachusetts and he thought the car was perfect! This from a guy who says he does track events and such.....love to see his pants after taking my car around the track with the screwed up DRC that he certified as fixed.

Even after Cicero, the car is not 100% but so much better than before I can live with it.

I did the DOT thing yesterday, but somehow doubt anything will come of it.

I emailed Car and Driver, Road and Track, and a few others to ask for some help....no response.

Audi has lost a few customers but they will not loose any sleep over it.

Mike