PDA

View Full Version : Guys ... Make sure

k2
June 20th, 2006, 15:08
Your dealer removed BOTH spring and strut choks ... there are two and my dealer just realised the second set is still in my car. They removed them today. They are small bright green collars that sit on top of the strut. You will need to take it into the dealer to have it removed as they have a special tool. It will lower your car about another .5 inches. I have seen some cars in the US that appear to high. I think this may be the issue. If you raise your car until the wheel falls out of the well, you can see them. Its probably better to call your dealer and ensure that these were removed during PDI ...

Just sharing ....

K2

Audihead
June 20th, 2006, 16:24
Thank You very much for the info. I will have it checked on mine. All four shocks have this i'm assuming?

Audihead
June 20th, 2006, 19:04
Car checked out 100%. Tip-Top. Thanx.

YlwBeast
June 20th, 2006, 20:10
k2,

Good looks on the heads up!!! Well what do you know!! Had the same thing happen with mine...Ben @ Motorsport also thought the car was high and sure enough there they were.

Again, Thanks!!

PS Give me a call as I'm in town and we can get together. The YlwBeast is @Motorsport. I will have to post some pictures soon...Phantom Black RS4.:thumb:

k2
June 20th, 2006, 20:46
No worries ... just trying to keep the forum packed with 'REAL' information. I have also developed a fluid leak around the driver side rear brake ... I looked under the car today with the tech and think it is a bleed port that had a loose bolt ... tightened it and will keep you posted.

K2

k2
June 20th, 2006, 20:53
Aaron,

We might want to create a sticky forum where folks can begin posting issues and resolutions ... another issue I ran into today was resetting my tyre pressures after having the tyres nitro'd ... you can't do it through the nav interface ... you have to initialize through the stalk like the RS6.

Anyway ... just a thought

K2

Audihead
June 20th, 2006, 20:56
Done:0:

IulianUM
June 22nd, 2006, 01:11
Thanks . Good idea , no issues...yet .:D

welbo
June 22nd, 2006, 08:43
Originally posted by k2
Your dealer removed BOTH spring and strut choks ... there are two and my dealer just realised the second set is still in my car. They removed them today. They are small bright green collars that sit on top of the strut. You will need to take it into the dealer to have it removed as they have a special tool. It will lower your car about another .5 inches. I have seen some cars in the US that appear to high. I think this may be the issue. If you raise your car until the wheel falls out of the well, you can see them. Its probably better to call your dealer and ensure that these were removed during PDI ...

Just sharing ....

K2

Could you advise on the thickness of the green collars? Thanks!

Cheers!

k2
June 22nd, 2006, 20:37
They are not terribly thick ... but they are collars that go around the top of the strut ... so I am not entirely sure about how they interact with suspension mounting ... I know the car drops about a 1/4" and the ride is improved a bit.

K2

S4Aero
June 23rd, 2006, 03:03
I'm unsure as to the cause - RS or Blackberry, but I am experiencing an intermittant signal loss between the phone and the car. It is not a loss of signal from the cell itself. I have seen it reconnect on its own, and I have had to reestablish the connection manually.

Anybody else seeing this?

Any ideas for a solution?

Audihead
June 23rd, 2006, 04:42
Anyone else starting to have clicking clutch peddle noises? When I push the clutch in it clicks when it's almost all the way to the floor.

welbo
June 23rd, 2006, 08:39
Originally posted by welbo
Could you advise on the thickness of the green collars? Thanks!

Cheers!

Hi K2,

No worries, I have checked with my agent and that is officially known to them as "Susupension-transporter mode". Mine is already taken out.

Cheers!

:)

k2
June 23rd, 2006, 14:22
AH,

Having the same thing ... about 200 miles now ... tech says its a composite bushing that will wear in ... had the same issues on the S4 ... just hit the S button and the noise will go away :rs4addict

K2

Audihead
June 23rd, 2006, 16:59
Originally posted by k2
AH,

Having the same thing ... about 200 miles now ... tech says its a composite bushing that will wear in ... had the same issues on the S4 ... just hit the S button and the noise will go away :rs4addict

K2

Sounds good. S button it is!:D :rs4addict