PDA

View Full Version : Oil for RS4

vasbli
June 20th, 2006, 12:33
What oil is recommended for the RS4?
I was using the Castrol TWS 10W60 on my M5 and it is a pretty good one.

1/ Whats the recommended one by Audi? (i read 10W40????)

2/ Which one u recommend?

3/ Is there a breakup maintenance at 2000km (as for M5)

thanks

AudiRS4ever
June 20th, 2006, 17:27
That's the same question I have been wondering. I asked my technician and he told me that so far AOA is saying that the RS4 gets the same oil as the S4, which is Castrol Syntec 5w-30. I am planning on changing mine to Mobil 1 0w-40 when I change the oil, but am wondering what I'm supposed to top off with until then. I asked the question on Audi World, but did not get a response. Did anyone in the U.S. get a quart of "special" oil at delivery like the RS6 got? I just am not comfortable mixing oil weights and brands, and I don't know what factory fill is in the RS4. I hope we can all get this resolved. :mech:

gjg
June 20th, 2006, 17:56
RS6 oil is VW 505.01 (5W40) oil specified for DIESEL T engines and meeting factory specs for high temps. V8 FSI would not run as hot as 4.2 tt. You should have specs for the oil in the car manual, what I have seen for 3.2 NA FSI was 5W40 synthetic. :idea:

5W30 would be imho not the best solution specially for southern part of US (for rs4). My .02c

Audihead
June 20th, 2006, 19:05
5-40 Synthetic according to the manual for the new RS4.

MR USER
June 20th, 2006, 21:26
My dealer gave me 2 extra liter for free. They know that you will poor them in during the first 2-3 k miles.
By the way I added a teflon based additive to the motor oil and it reduced the consumption noticebly!!! the product in europe is called Fin 25 and is made by interflon. I don't know of other similar products but I am sure there are some , you might find them in race part shops.

gjg
June 20th, 2006, 21:56
I added a teflon based additive to the motor oil and it reduced the consumption noticebly!!!

this would be something like the old SLICK 50 in US 20 some years back. I'm not sure if this is ok on new engine, time will show.

I used that on my ex-4 Runner in about 1987 and it is still running .... :thumb: