PDA

View Full Version : Anyone convert to Stasis-ohlin coilover

LIRS6
June 19th, 2006, 21:31
set-up on their RS6? I have q's, in particular for those who use their car as a daily drive;

-why did you do it (DRC failure, other reason)?
-how does it compare to DRC (performance,
comfort, etc)?
-what are the pluses-minuses?
-what spring rate did you go with?
-what was the installation cost?
-did you leave the DRC tubing etc in place or
remove it?
-has your dealer/AoA hassled you ref warranty
coverage for un-related issues, citing
the after-market suspension?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Erik
June 19th, 2006, 21:54
Ohlins, they are based about 20 minutes from my home.

I guess they are about the best in the world in suspension.
However it should be understood that some (all?) of their systems need regular maintenance and checking - at least a lot more than any standard setup.

I have never heard of anyone going for Ohlins in an RS6, nor an RS4. Probably not because it's bad in any way, but for the cost and maintenance for a daily.

We have Ohlins on the RUF 996 Turbo demo car. :love2:

Aronis
June 19th, 2006, 22:02
Mitchell Frischer
Speedtechnik
www.speedtechnik.com
'Performance Without Limits'(R)
(203)-229-0590 (Voice)
(203)-229-0593 (Fax)

Call this guy, Norwalk CT......has lots of info and experience. That is where I am headed if I decide to keep my car.

Were they able to get your car back to near normal? Mine is close, but not perfect.

Mike

LIRS6
June 19th, 2006, 22:28
Were they able to get your car back to near normal? Mine is close, but not perfect.

Dealer didn't attempt as the equipment they have on hand did not match diagrams for the repair. It is now sitting in my garage. I have had an exchange with Mitchell, he raves about the Ohlin set-up, I just was looking for an independent comment from an owner who has had the conversion done.

Aronis
June 20th, 2006, 19:15
Originally posted by Erik

I guess they are about the best in the world in suspension.
However it should be understood that some (all?) of their systems need regular maintenance and checking - at least a lot more than any standard setup.

"at least a lot more than any standard setup."

What does that mean? The DRC should be checked MONTHLY from what I can see....LOL....

Mike