PDA

View Full Version : Does thje RS4 come with Tinted Windows?

ghostsnake
June 16th, 2006, 21:38
I never got a car with tinted windows and never really asked. I was wondering for my RS4 is it a market thing or an after market thing? Thanks.

eazy
June 16th, 2006, 23:16
In Germany its available as an option, but only for the avant i think.

greetings

eazy

BryanF
June 17th, 2006, 00:49
The RS4 comes with a green shade of tint.The actual glass is tinted ,it's not a film.In OZ its standard.

Audihead
June 18th, 2006, 15:37
Aftermarket here in N/A.

ghostsnake
June 19th, 2006, 04:17
YES i live in Canada and like I dont even know a good place because I generally hear bad things about after market tinted windows. I was wondering do you think Audi would be able to do it, would anyone know?

Goldorak
June 19th, 2006, 07:17
Just ask the dealer.

Better yet, do a search on www.montrealracing.com and see which aftermarket provider comes highly recommended in your area.

Julz RS4
June 19th, 2006, 16:56
Originally posted by ghostsnake
I never got a car with tinted windows and never really asked. I was wondering for my RS4 is it a market thing or an after market thing? Thanks.

Hi Montreal mate, I don't know where you ordered your B7 RS4, but if you want tinted windows, simply ask to somebody at Audi Automobiles E. Lauzon or Prestige Audi. Even the small Audi Automobiles Popular dealer can do that to you. :hahahehe:

Personally, I always asked for tinted windows at Lauzon dealer. ;)

Just a question, when you will receive your B7 RS4 ?

ghostsnake
June 20th, 2006, 19:41
Im supose to get it in Nov. which sucks but its the only time I can get it in the sick Sprint Blue that we want. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
Julz do you have an order at all?

Julz RS4
June 23rd, 2006, 08:16
Originally posted by ghostsnake
Im supose to get it in Nov. which sucks but its the only time I can get it in the sick Sprint Blue that we want. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
Julz do you have an order at all?

Unfortunately, I will not be in the first group in Québec to get the new RS4, unless my Audi dealer want to sell me a B7 RS4 for the same price as a new B7 S4. :hahahehe:

My best friend has placed an order for a Daytona grey B7 RS4 and some rep at Lauzon dealer said he is "supposed" to receive it in the end of september. Your delivery date makes me think that my buddy could surely receive it more later. :eye:

BTW, three weeks ago, I played golf at Laval-Sur-Le-Lac Golf Club with this same friend and his father which has placed an order for a new Audi S8 V10 and what a surprise I saw there near the Clubhouse an Imola yellow B7 RS4 ! To reassure you it was not an owner who had just received his brand new RS4 but a representative of Audi Canada. ;)

Here a pix of it:

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8821/rs4mtl3gs.jpg

gazzab
June 25th, 2006, 12:40
Originally posted by BryanF
The RS4 comes with a green shade of tint.The actual glass is tinted ,it's not a film.In OZ its standard.

Hi Bryan, so are you getting additional tinting? I think James has gone for additional tint.

Gazzab

gazzab
June 25th, 2006, 12:40
Originally posted by BryanF

Hi Bryan, so are you getting additional tinting? I think James has gone for additional tint.

Gazzab

BryanF
June 25th, 2006, 13:41
Gazzab

Yes,I will get the additional darker tint.My dealer uses Tint A Car for the installation.There are a number of different shades you can get ....Greens, browns and blue /blacks that best match the color of your car.

They cost around the $350-400 mark .

My car arrives around the same time yours does.I'II probably get the tint done by myself after I've taken delivery....only because I don't want to wait the extra day it takes to install!!.

I've had my last 3 cars tinted by Tint A Car and haven't had a problem.Their product is guaranteed for 10 years !

Bryan.

gazzab
June 26th, 2006, 04:03
Bryan thanks for that, I will do the same.

My car is coming via a country dealer.

Gazzab