PDA

View Full Version : Got my new RS4!!! Temp question...

bobey
June 16th, 2006, 17:28
Went to the dealer today and drove my brand new RS4!! Wow it's great even though I didn't really do anything above 50Km. However I couldn't take my baby home today but will pick it up tomorrow (well actually I will be taking it abroad right off the bat as I have some business to attend to in another country) on my way out of the country.

The colour is yellow with Audi exclusive interior which means yellow piping and yellow seat belts. Looks really sweet, if you like yellow that is. I will post some pictures of it once I've arrived at my destination next week. Can't wait till I've driven the bugger in as I want to race some BMW's :-) (my license plate reads BMW H8TR so I doubt I will have to prod them too hard to get them to race me :-) ).

Btw. To all other owners. Did you read in the handbook or hear from your dealer that the motor should not be turned on and then off again before it has reached working temp. at 90C? I don't remember seeing that in my manual yet the dealer said it was muchos important because of the FSI (fuel injection).

// bobey

AudiRS4ever
June 16th, 2006, 18:01
Congrats! I'm new to the forum too. I just picked up my RS4 yesterday. Mine is Misano Red with Black interior. Man I wish we could have the individual program in the U.S. I would have loved to have gotten red seatbelts. :( Anyway, I was taking delivery of mine when I noticed that there were 8 sparkplugs still lying in the trunk. Long story short the tech told me that there was supposed to be a note on the instrument cluster if they had not been changed at port, so he didn't notice them. They immediately changed the plugs, so I sure wasn't upset at them. He told me that the plugs were the exact same ones that came out of the car, but the ones he took out were fouled very bad from all of the cold starts and shut downs. He told me to always make sure I got the car to running temp. before shutting it down or the same thing would happen with the new set. So it sounds like we are getting the same story. I will definitely make sure to always get mine to running temp before shutting it down. Congrats again!!!! :rs4addict

rado2rs4
June 16th, 2006, 19:39
great info guys...i would never wanna hurt my rs4 so good to kno when i finaly get it :rs4kiss:

Audihead
June 18th, 2006, 15:41
Originally posted by AudiRS4ever
Congrats! I'm new to the forum too. I just picked up my RS4 yesterday. Mine is Misano Red with Black interior. Man I wish we could have the individual program in the U.S. I would have loved to have gotten red seatbelts. :( Anyway, I was taking delivery of mine when I noticed that there were 8 sparkplugs still lying in the trunk. Long story short the tech told me that there was supposed to be a note on the instrument cluster if they had not been changed at port, so he didn't notice them. They immediately changed the plugs, so I sure wasn't upset at them. He told me that the plugs were the exact same ones that came out of the car, but the ones he took out were fouled very bad from all of the cold starts and shut downs. He told me to always make sure I got the car to running temp. before shutting it down or the same thing would happen with the new set. So it sounds like we are getting the same story. I will definitely make sure to always get mine to running temp before shutting it down. Congrats again!!!! :rs4addict

Completely correct sir! Mine were fouled from the factory tests too. No starting it up for people just for sound demonstrations, if they want to hear it take them for a ride and charge $1.:D

BBGT2
June 18th, 2006, 16:48
Congrats to you guys on your purchases, and forgive me if I sound like I am bashing , but that to me is such a inconvenience and should not be expected in a car of that caliber.

Bajo:addict:

ghostsnake
June 18th, 2006, 17:20
Meh the world isnt perfect its not something that big id just leave it if I were you.

bobey
June 22nd, 2006, 08:37
Well here is one picture. The rest I uploaded using the gallery function. Unfortunatly I don't have any pictures of teh inside yet but there will be some. Thank my firend for the pictures.

ghostsnake
June 22nd, 2006, 23:00
Thats one sick machine Congdz when you have the time please post some int. pics Id love to see that awesome sport int with the yellow trim on most of the seats.

k2
June 23rd, 2006, 21:04
Congrats ... love the Imola

Painted mirrors ... thats a nice touch :rs4addict

bobey
June 25th, 2006, 09:56
Originally posted by ghostsnake
Thats one sick machine Congdz when you have the time please post some int. pics Id love to see that awesome sport int with the yellow trim on most of the seats.

Here are some more pictures from the inside. This time I took them.

bobey
June 25th, 2006, 09:58
and one more....

bobey
June 25th, 2006, 10:01
and the final one.... hmmm... On my monitor the pictures look fine, but on this one they are really dark :-(... I'll see if I can get my friend to take some of the inside so that I can post them.

// bobey

bobey
June 25th, 2006, 10:03
Ok fixed the first picture with photoshop. Now a bit lighter and easier to see.

// bobey

RS4Ever
June 26th, 2006, 09:55
WOW!!!

show more with the yellow seat belts and piping please!! :bigeyes:

imola is one of my favorite