PDA

View Full Version : PIX OF NEW RS4 (deliver

stinsy
June 16th, 2006, 15:10
Got it yesterday at lunch. Got no work done. Couldn't sleep last night. It's going to take a long time before I get used to having this thing in my driveway. The sound is insane. Turns heads without being annoying. Mix between a sewing machine, a ninja, and a 60's muscle car. The difference (during the breakin period only mind you) between my b6 S4 and the RS4 is most striking in the handling and tightness. The S4 exhibited body lean and understeer in certain fast turns in my neighborhood. The RS feels like much more rigid and stable-no lean whatsoever. The accelleration isn't shockingly different (yet). When I went from a b5 A4 to the S4 that was mindblowingly different- but maybe that's an unfair comparison because that was a difference from 190 hp to 340 hp. NOT THAT I'M STILL NOT HAPPY AS HELL. :incar:

JavierNuvolari
June 16th, 2006, 16:46
Congrats on the new car :) :incar:

Javier

Ruergard
June 16th, 2006, 17:18
Congratulations! Very nice! :rs4addict

IulianUM
June 16th, 2006, 19:04
Congrats , nice car . Give it time , acceleration will improve a lot when you use full revs an full throttle . I had a B6 S4 too and is way diferent . YouŽll gonna like the winding roads .:rs4addict

stinsy
June 16th, 2006, 19:05
Thanks. Drove more roads today. Suspension is so different. Feels like much lower center of gravity.

rado2rs4
June 16th, 2006, 19:30
:0: :incar: :revs:

stinsy
June 16th, 2006, 19:52
good shot (minus sun)

Leadfoot
June 16th, 2006, 20:03
stinsy,

It's amazing, love the colour, you are a lucky guy. But I'm not sore:cry:

I can't afford it at the moment, big house you see, lots of bills.

But if that's your house behind the car, no worder you can afford it, you live in a house made out of hedge.:vhmmm:

Leadfoot
June 16th, 2006, 20:15
Originally posted by stinsy
The difference (during the breakin period only mind you) between my b6 S4 and the RS4 is most striking in the handling and tightness. The S4 exhibited body lean and understeer in certain fast turns in my neighborhood. The RS feels like much more rigid and stable-no lean whatsoever. The accelleration isn't shockingly different (yet).

I have a S4 and have drove the RS4 a few times, and understand what mean about the acceleration. I reckon I know why, the S4's body lifts when you accelerate and dives when you change gear and then lifts again as you accelerate again giving you a greater sense of speed. But the RS4 with it's suspension system kills not only lean when cornering but lift and dive when accelerating and braking, so less sense of speed.:thumb:

But trust me, after trying to race a RS4 in my S4, it only the sense of speed that is missing, it walked me easily.

P.S. That bit about the house was just me being sore, it's a love house too.

stinsy
June 16th, 2006, 20:57
thanks for the explanation. makes sense. Again, I'm still happy as hell. If it were faster I'd lose it to the police. I'm going 80 now where the S4 felt like 60. ps: not my house, my office. But cars do look especially good in the lot. Like the following:

stinsy
June 16th, 2006, 21:10
or this one.

discobiscuit
June 16th, 2006, 23:10
I also had the S4 B6 and initially the RS4 only felt marginally faster.
Its not that the S4 feels faster because of some handling characterisitc. It is because the RS4 ecu limits power for the first 1000miles only releasing the further 30% when it feels you've run the engine in. I rang audi technical and they confirmed my suspision that the ecu limits the power.
Now that the RS4 is run in properly it feels much faster than my tired S4 and thats because it is much faster.
Nice colour incidently.
Hope you have many happy miles.

:rs4addict

deans
June 17th, 2006, 10:16
Discobiscuit,

Are you saying that Audi have confirmed that the ECU in the new B7 RS4 limits the power until 1000miles and then starts to offer up the rest? Did I missunderstand?

Leadfoot
June 17th, 2006, 11:02
Originally posted by discobiscuit
I also had the S4 B6 and initially the RS4 only felt marginally faster.
Its not that the S4 feels faster because of some handling characterisitc. It is because the RS4 ecu limits power for the first 1000miles only releasing the further 30% when it feels you've run the engine in. I rang audi technical and they confirmed my suspision that the ecu limits the power.
Now that the RS4 is run in properly it feels much faster than my tired S4 and thats because it is much faster.
Nice colour incidently.
Hope you have many happy miles.

:rs4addict

The dealers RS4 that I drove had covered 3600 miles and it didn't feel much quicker. I still think the reason is the suspension, watch a S4 launch from a standing start and then watch a RS4, you will see that the S4 moves more on it's suspension.

For my shop manager, I brought a Golf GTI and on test driving a manual and one with DSG, the DSG car didn't feel as quick just like the RS4 and again I put this down to the fact that there is no pause in changing gear. But we all know that the DSG car is the quicker.

The question of releasing extra 30% when the engine is run in, very interesting, never heard of this before.

Julz RS4
June 19th, 2006, 17:14
Congrats Stinsy for your new B7 RS4. :thumb: :rs4addict

Thanks for your pix, your car looks superb ! :0: