PDA

View Full Version : Offical quattro Gmbh delimiter(280km/h) for RS4?

KresoF1
June 11th, 2006, 17:00
There has been a rumour about "offical" quattro Gmbh optional delimiter(280km/h) for RS4 but, no any new info yet. This option supposed to be available from week 22-24 this year(which is now!) but, my dealer do not have any clue...
Do any of you know little bit more about it?

Fab
June 11th, 2006, 19:28
Hey Kreso what's up ?!

I also heard about it as well. Sounds very interesting to me to chase Porsches on the autobahn

If available I will go for it :king:

I will inquire my side....

Fab

MR USER
June 11th, 2006, 19:42
Fab,
as you might know AMAG is also the sole dealer for the ABT lines of Audi. In other words you can get it delimited from AMAG keeping the original warranty for 3500 CHF!
I am often driving it at 260-270 (counter speed) and honestly I do not think I will spend that money on a 2 minutes chip conversion! I rather get some extra rims and semi Slick tyres to drive like a nutcase around bends than have a 30 km faster top speed!!!

But that is me!

Fab
June 11th, 2006, 19:53
All my past and current Audis are chipped by ABT and it is/was worth it.

Now I fully agree that CHF 3'500.-- is far to expensive just for top speed delimitation. Are you shure about this price ? As several very reputable tuners make it for less than EUR 1'000.--

But I know that AMAG takes its margin on it....

I fully agree with you : for that money I would go for track set of wheels as I want to track my beast time to time.

Why not arranging some track days with some other friends by september ?

MR USER
June 11th, 2006, 19:59
Count me in!!! And if you agree I would like to suggest a RS4 reunion on the Nordschleife!

Fab
June 11th, 2006, 20:05
Well why not.... Upon delivery of my beast (mid August) I will spend a week end in the Jura to meet a friend driving a nice RS4 sedan silver grey.

Then it would be nice to try to arrange it in September (preferably 2nd half). I definitely want to have my Northschleife baptism....

To me France tracks also look very attractive and not to far. Well we have the choice.

MR USER
June 11th, 2006, 21:33
As you talk about France... why not driving through the route napoleon to get to some nice track in south france.

I really love driving my monster. Today I washed her in italy in the morning (handwashed) but because of the all the bugs i got at 250 kph I had to wash it again. After that I polished it with a teflon based polish... it just looks incredible!!! and now I can cook on it too!!! I also used a special engine oil additive that is teflon based. it works as a charm! It does not increase power but it just makes he engine parts smoother. reduces heat and friction. The engine was very hard the first 1500 km but now is loosening up and his additive really makes a difference. I will put a similar one in the gearbx too as soon as I have a check up!

I don't think I ever loved a car as much as my RS4 and I drove some of he most beautiful cars money can buy. I like to believe that Audi did it only for me after they read my mind!!!

I think I am loosing my mind over my car!

:rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss:

KK265
June 11th, 2006, 22:05
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fab
[B]All my past and current Audis are chipped by ABT and it is/was worth it.

Now I fully agree that CHF 3'500.-- is far to expensive just for top speed delimitation. Are you shure about this price ? As several very reputable tuners make it for less than EUR 1'000.--

3150 euros the price in Greece!With abt tuner delimitation we loose audi warranty.Does anybody from Germany knows how much delimitation by Audi costs in Germany?

IulianUM
June 11th, 2006, 22:10
I think I am loosing my mind over my car!
You are not alone . :D

What brand of oil additive , and polish ? Have to care of the baby .:rs4addict

jasaretta
June 12th, 2006, 00:57
Originally posted by MR USER
After that I polished it with a teflon based polish... it just looks incredible!!! and now I can cook on it too!!!

Can you tell me about this teflon polish? I am always interested in better polishes. Thanks

gjg
June 12th, 2006, 06:15
CHF 3'500.-- is far to expensive just for top speed delimitation.

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=3

MTM is only 799 E ..... :idea:

MR USER
June 12th, 2006, 06:30
The teflon polish is made by a company called interflon.
It is good, hard to apply but good.
In a little bit I will be doing the full teflon treatment that is a lot better than any cold wax.

Its a layer of teflon applied at high temperature that connects with your paint.

I find it excellent for 2 reasons, it reinforces the paint by giving it a stronger structure and it really looks good.

Bomber
June 12th, 2006, 12:23
C'mon guys , you should defenately de-limit your RS4's!

Imagine how you would feel if you ran into a RS4 B5 on the autobahn and you can't even chase it because those lousy 800 were too much for de-limiting the car?

:hahahehe: :harass: :harass:

Fab
June 12th, 2006, 13:21
:hihi: :hihi:

MR USER
June 12th, 2006, 13:53
I must apologise,
The quote I had was related to something else.
Delimiting done by ABT through AMAG in switzerland costs 1900 CHF.

Fab
June 12th, 2006, 14:01
sounds much better :king:

MR USER
June 12th, 2006, 18:12
Yes you are right, it sounds so much better that I am going to have it in July.

By the way I had the first small failure with my car.
I think the management of the cooling system decided that the engine was just too hot and it kept running all night (that or the vents from air conditioning) and it dried my battery by morning!!! I had to restart the car with wires, charge the battery and then disconnect the battery the night after to reset the CPUs. It looked like it worked fine after that but I brought it in just to be on the safe side!
Response will come tomorrow or the day after latest.

Fab
June 13th, 2006, 07:34
This new RS4 is definitely more high tech and high res. therefore we have to look after it very closely all the time. It is better to make shure everything is fine in case of a problem. There is no margin for the unknown with such high rev engine and car.

good luck

Ciao

KresoF1
June 19th, 2006, 18:35
Here is the update:
quattro Gmbh delimit package
cost around 2300Euro(depending on market)
currently available only in Europe from week 37
includes:
280km/h max. speed(in sixth speed)
Audi Driving Experience training with RS4(before delivery!)

I order it which means that I will get my car in late September...
:w:

ct940pp
June 19th, 2006, 22:00
HELLO

I AM NEW TO THIS THREAD AS I PICKED UP MY RS4 ON THURSDAY AFTER HAVING MY M5 STOLEN LAST MONDAY. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE CAR IT DOES NOT HAVE THE RAW POWER OF THE M5 BUT ON THE OTHER HAND HAS MUCH MORE STABILITY AND IS A BETTER ALL YEAR ROUND CAR

NOW TO THE DELIMITER. THE 282 KMH DELIMTER ADVERTISED ON MTM'S SITE GIVES THE SAME TOP SPEED AS A S4 344HP. IF YOU LOOK ON THEIR SITE AND EITHER ABT OR OETTINGER THEY OFFER THE SAME TOP SPEED FOR THE S4. THIS MEANS THAT THE RS4 STRIPPED OUT OF ALL DELIMITERS WILL BREAK THE 300 KMH MARK. I AM NOT SURE WHETHER IT IS FOR SAFETY REASONS OR WHATEVER BUT THE RS4 SHOULD BE GOOD FOR 300 KMH.

WHEN I HAVE A CHANCE I WILL POST PICTURES OF THE CAR

Boston^G
June 21st, 2006, 16:46
get DigitalTuning chip 450cv / 0-100 4,6sec / 298 Km/h!!!! Fantastic!

KK265
June 21st, 2006, 18:07
298 km/h is the top speed of 420 PS RS4 without the speedlimiter.I doubt about 450 PS...with 1000 euro....
Anybody with delimit RS4?

Boston^G
June 21st, 2006, 18:58
not 1000€ but only 699€! i think that 298 km/h is the top speed! 5 years of warranty form digitaltuning and The Audi can't find it!

gjg
June 21st, 2006, 20:02
5 years of warranty form digitaltuning and The Audi can't find it!

I would VERY CAREFULLY read the fine print on the 5 year warranty - I'll bet the warranty covers the "chip", not anything on the car.

And as far as manufacturer not being able to find changes to the software is a bullshit - unless you have the origina eproms back for the service (with the latest and greatest used today). We had this discussion about cheating on the warranty here before so I will not beat the dead horse.

Sometimes these great performance "improvements" looks too good to be true - just about any halfass programmer can change the program, doing it for high performance car without sufficient testing could be suicidal (for the owner) ... my 0.02 cents :vhmmm:

Boston^G
June 21st, 2006, 20:38
They reprogram but not with chip, EDC16 ecu hasn't chip to remove! Our car has two ecu! Thay say 5 year international warranty! :deal: if you want they can remove only the speed limit without cv!

gjg
June 21st, 2006, 21:59
I do not have any interest in any tuner = point is that 5 year warranty covers what? The car? for sure not ... The software? more likely ...

Guarantees

The modifications are seldom guaranteed by car tuners, but the reliability of our preparations allows us to offer a guarantee of 5 years on all our products.

All our preparations comply with the European legislation and the manufacturing companies.

if I read it correctly, they warranty the chip programming but that is it ..... most of the reputable tuners does that anyway so this is nothing special. I suggest you contact them about DETAILED warranty information, that's all.

:argue:

ct940pp
June 21st, 2006, 22:03
this is a very sticky issue. If the engine has problems Audi will tell you that it is your fault . I heard of a guy here in Italy who owned a sl55 and who chipped the car and the engine blew. Mercedes Italy said sorry and he was out 30.000 euro in repair.

Even if the rs4 is not a supercharged or turbo engine- it is a devil and angel issue. the devil says do it- the angel says caveat emptor!

any thoughts???

KK265
June 21st, 2006, 23:54
Originally posted by Boston^G
They reprogram but not with chip, EDC16 ecu hasn't chip to remove! Our car has two ecu! Thay say 5 year international warranty! :deal: if you want they can remove only the speed limit without cv!

The question is why Abt,MTM,Sportec Quattro GmbH don't remove
completely the limiter.Only Digital tuning and Nowack remove completely.Does anyone know if i reprogramm my ECU from delimit condition to limited condition if it is traceable from the factory?