PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive - Wow!!

sockamber
June 10th, 2006, 04:39
I was out shopping with my kids when I got a call from my dealer to say they had a RS4 on display for a few hours.

I couldn't get there quick enough! After asking very nicely and reminding them that I have a RS4 on order they let me take it for a spin.

What can I say? I currently have a S4 (B5) with the twin turbo V6.
There is no comparison. All I can is WOW. The power is awesome - it just keeps on going! The sound is low and gruff. And when you.
press the S button the sound is just fantastic.

Overall wow wow wow

I now can't wait until mine arrives - I'm told late August is delivery
Build = week 24

Michael:rs4addict

BryanF
June 10th, 2006, 09:57
Michael

Audi Melbourne had a yellow one on the floor about 2 weeks ago.We were able to start it up but not drive it !!

Which dealer did you get your one from ?There is a great write up in the Cars Guide in last Fridays Sun (9th) which just makes me more impatient.

Mine was built in week 20 and the latest advice I've got is a delivery date of August 15th !!

Some of the other Melbourne boys online get theirs this month.

We should catch up when they finally arrive and go for a good fang !!

Bryan :

jasaretta
June 10th, 2006, 10:13
Some of us do :) arrived on the docks today - should have it in 2 weeks :D

sockamber
June 10th, 2006, 10:20
Bryan,

Mine was ordered from Audi Brighton. I'm oretty sure the one I dove (registered in NSW) was the one used in the Sun article.

It was also Yellow - perhaps it's the same one that was also at Audi Melbourne.

By the way the Pzero tyres look great on the car.

Michael

:rs4addict

gazzab
June 10th, 2006, 15:18
Mine arrives at the dealer on the 12th July or there abouts, I will be overseas then!!!!

Anyway should have it some time the week of 17th of July.

Have you guys seen the review in Sun Herald and Wheels magazine? One awesome car, bring it on.

Gazzab

June 10th, 2006, 19:15
I had my first test drive in a Phantom Black RS4 last Tuesday and was very much impressed with everything:

* Power - quite linear
* Throttle Response - very sensitive
* Brakes (power brakes on steriods)
* Sound - that alone would be enough for me to get this car!!!

As much as I would love to get an RS4, we already have a Q7 on order so I'll have to wait for now.

gazzab
June 11th, 2006, 00:16
Originally posted by 911
I had my first test drive in a Phantom Black RS4 last Tuesday and was very much impressed with everything:

* Power - quite linear
* Throttle Response - very sensitive
* Brakes (power brakes on steriods)
* Sound - that alone would be enough for me to get this car!!!

As much as I would love to get an RS4, we already have a Q7 on order so I'll have to wait for now.

Welcome aboard 911, how does the RS4 compare with your Porsche?

Gazzab

June 11th, 2006, 02:39
Originally posted by gazzab
Welcome aboard 911, how does the RS4 compare with your Porsche?

Gazzab

Gazzab,

Power wise I was really impressed w/ the RS4 because it weighs about 800 lbs more than my 993. I didn't get a chance, unfortunately, to really test the car's handling characteristics, but the car seemed pretty neutral on the one corner where I sort of pushed it. The RS4 doesn't feel like a car that has 4 doors, that's for sure!

With all honesty, I thought about selling my Porsche for this car, but I love my car too much! :D (I hope the guys on the Porsche forums aren't reading this because they'd probably lynch me if they read this!)

I feel that the RS4 is a very special car and one that I hope to add to my stable before Audi discontinues its production.

Rich

gazzab
June 11th, 2006, 04:11
Thanks for the insight Rich, those are reassuring words, have been driving a 928 the last ten days ( a loan from a friend as wating for the RS4 to arrive), enjoying it but I just can't get into the Porsche way.

Gazzab

BryanF
June 12th, 2006, 07:54
Gazzab

To fully understand the Porsche thing you really have to fang a 911.I have a 996 C4S in my garage and it is an amazing car.The power and grip levels are outstanding.Then there is the sound of the engine !!! Their is just something about them.

I intend keeping it when my RS4 arrives.My son thinks I'II love the the RS4 more.

I love both of them !!

gazzab
June 12th, 2006, 16:05
Cheers Bryan, any more definite news on when your car arrives, I have been told 12th of July but it may be sooner. But I am out of the country from 3-16th of July!!!

Gazzab